Thread: 146 inch tv, i want one !

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default 146 inch tv, i want one !

I have long held the belief that eventually screens such as these will be the norm rather than as now an Oddity.

Just think instead of having that picture window/Patio doors looking out into your 3 paces wide by 20 paces long rear concrete paved yard bounded by a 1.8m high Colourbond fence in Suburbia, instead you will have a wall sized screen.
    On the screen can be shown shots of your holidays in Bali or Fiji with suitable audio to complement it when your not watching TV.

The image will be in 3D or holographic that you wont need glasses or special lighting to view.

I look back to our first TV set which was a 14 inch, Pope-Motorola transportable bought in February 1958 to what on the market now.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 10-01-18 at 11:46 AM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

gulliver (10-01-18),OSIRUS (11-01-18)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You'll probably need 24K UHD HDR content using Oled screens. First 4K UHD TV went on sale 6 years ago. It's only now that we get ready available content. As for now I am happy with my 65" Sony X85..

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    You'll probably need 24K UHD HDR content using Oled screens. First 4K UHD TV went on sale 6 years ago. It's only now that we get ready available content. As for now I am happy with my 65" Sony X85..
    I have said this before that while these screens are getting bigger and better in both their quality and clarity, the programming available is mediocre at its best.
    There is no way shows like 'I Love Lucy' filmed in Black and White in 1952 (66 years ago) along with many others done even in the last 5 years are of a quality to match the capability of the TV.

The 55 inch I have is really too big for my Lounge room but the price at the time plus the previous one had died gave me little choice but if it was the whole wall like a picture window...................
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member

Thanks

And here is the reason I wont be buying one anytime soon, dammitt !!!