Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Trump revoking the speech to the World on the Statue of Liberty?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Is Trump revoking the speech to the World on the Statue of Liberty?

Last edited by gordon_s1942; 12-01-18 at 03:44 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,075 Times in 9,093 Posts

I fail to see why anyone would be surprised by anything this racist, lying moron says....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I fail to see why anyone would be surprised by anything this racist, lying moron says....
    Whilst he was not the best choice for president, he was certainly a much better choice than Hillary. He is of course often branded as a racist. Perhaps he is, but in the examples I have seen the accusations are not justified. Perhaps you can enlighten me with some examples where the allegations are justified. He is certainly unconventional and inexperienced in politics, and compounds the problem with some of his choices of advisers. But he is far from a moron. As for lying, it is hardly unique amongst politicians. I doubt he has lied any more than Hillary.

I'm not a huge Trump fan, though I must confess to some delight at watching the discomfiture of the media, Hollywood etc. on his victory. The campaign against him was absolutely hysterical and remains so. He has never been given a fair go and obviously never will be.

I would prefer some factual reasoned discussion rather than abuse and hatred.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (13-01-18),cobra679 (13-01-18),eaglem (13-01-18),gulliver (12-01-18),lsemmens (13-01-18),Mr 672A (14-01-18),Reschs (12-01-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

Trump certainly is no Politician and has none of the ability to say a lot and mean nothing as most Politicians can do but, his background in business and the way he has run his business' has given him this brash approach which is good in the Board Room but not as the Chief Executive of a Country, certainly not one with the position the USA has.
    I doubt the words he used in describing some Countries shocked that many in Governments around the World who would totally agree with him but would have said it some what more diplomatically !!
    Its always been a 'Done Thing' that a President will be elected for a second term of Office but I feel if a suitable candidate, Politician or Celebrity can be found, he may not get his second term.
    Trump's 2016 election changed all the rules which may be used against him if he stands for a second term.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

DB44 (13-01-18),enf (13-01-18),lsemmens (13-01-18)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

I wonder if the people of Norway with the world's highest human development index(followed by Australia) would even want to go Trump's s**thole country. He is definitely not giving it a good name.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (13-01-18),Onefella (14-01-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    Whilst he was not the best choice for president, he was certainly a much better choice than Hillary. He is of course often branded as a racist. Perhaps he is, but in the examples I have seen the accusations are not justified. Perhaps you can enlighten me with some examples where the allegations are justified. He is certainly unconventional and inexperienced in politics, and compounds the problem with some of his choices of advisers. But he is far from a moron. As for lying, it is hardly unique amongst politicians. I doubt he has lied any more than Hillary.
    You're kidding....no, you're not....that you think Trumps lies are the norm for politicians is fine with me. You obviously expect them to lie as I do. However, I will NEVER tolerate such lying by just treating it as OK. I will not just say, "Oh well, they all do it so I'll just bend over and take it up the arse."

That you think he is far from a moron is only your opinion. That I think he is an unusually stupid and dangerous moron is only mine. I don't "hate" Trump, I just think I see through his veneer, but again that's just an opinion....Time will tell I guess...

I'm not a huge Trump fan, though I must confess to some delight at watching the discomfiture of the media, Hollywood etc. on his victory. The campaign against him was absolutely hysterical and remains so. He has never been given a fair go and obviously never will be.
    Hmmmm....his apologists on Fox News give him a "fair" go don't they? The squirming discomfort of many of his own party trying to excuse his base behaviour is equally hysterical. IMO, they sold out their souls for power which is not uncommon I suppose.

We all know the media is full of bullshit, but the sheer numbers of educated people who find him offensive MUST be taken into consideration. And I'm certainly not talking about Hypocritical Hollywood here at all....a bunch of self congratulatory buffoons who believe their own publicity. Like those self righteous bimbos wearing black dresses the other night, all of whom made their careers and fortunes by covering up that which they "say" they wish to now expose. Especially Oafra Windbag. I think Trump would sh*t on her in an election.

I would prefer some factual reasoned discussion rather than abuse and hatred.
    Yeah...and?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Onefella (13-01-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

enf; I think Trump would sh*t on her in an election.
    Previously I would have agreed with you but as I said, Trump's 2016 election changed the rules and as neither have been 'Political Animals' but celebrities, Politics would go out the window and it would be fought and won on who ever is the most popular.

Being Female is never a help nor is being Black BUT..................given Oprah's following, I wouldn't dismiss her too soon.
    This is of course contingent with her seeking to be elected but if not her. there are plenty of others available.
    Despite neither being born in the USA, both Arnie Schwarzenegger and the late Bob Hope were approached to stand for the Office of President but of course they were ineligible.
    After that approach, Arnie was elected as Governor of California and held that office for 2 terms I think.

Just remember Ronnie Reagan, actor for many years and his only political activity I know of was that he was the President of the Screen Actors Guild.......served 2 terms as President of the USA.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 13-01-18 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks

@enf. Do you seriously believe Trump is getting a fair go in the US meida? In our media?

And which Trump "lies" do you regard as so much worse than the usual political lies? I understand your opinion which seems to be shared by much of the mainstream media and the establishment in general. Perhaps we can discuss some specific examples?

I suspect many of us here agree with Trump's statement about "shithole" countries, as some of Trump's peers probably also do. The problem is that he showed a lack of judgement and discretion expected in someone holding his position. Gordon touched upon this in his second post in this thread. As usual, we see only outrage in response without any discussion of the other real issues raised by his comment, which have been lost in the outrage.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Ronnie Raygun (sic.) was not a pollie, but he, at least, showed a little more decorum than the incumbent. A good diplomat, which is what a President should be, would be adept at telling someone to "go to hell" in such a manner as they look forward to the trip. So far, all Trump seems to be good at, is running off at the mouth. The next election will tell if Oprah runs, and how she will perform against Donald Duck. I suspect that she will do extremely well (dare I suggest - Landslide) as she is adept at telling people what they want to hear without alienating those who want to tell people what the NEED to hear.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (13-01-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Ronnie Raygun (sic.) was not a pollie, but he, at least, showed a little more decorum than the incumbent. A good diplomat, which is what a President should be, would be adept at telling someone to "go to hell" in such a manner as they look forward to the trip. So far, all Trump seems to be good at, is running off at the mouth. The next election will tell if Oprah runs, and how she will perform against Donald Duck. I suspect that she will do extremely well (dare I suggest - Landslide) as she is adept at telling people what they want to hear without alienating those who want to tell people what the NEED to hear.
    There are too many opportunities for a dirty campaign that Trump can run, far more than Hillary. Some of the pics out there with her shmoozing Weinstein(sp?) are pretty damning when you consider her sanctimonious diatribe the other night.

And I'll bet there are plenty of incidents in her past that could be muckraked and exploited too. Trump has shown NO compunction in getting lower than the sewer, and wouldn't hesitate IMO. But I'll bet she WOULD hesitate....

I reckon he'd slaughter her.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

@enf. Do you seriously believe Trump is getting a fair go in the US meida? In our media?
    Dunno...maybe the vast majority just see him for what he truly is. All of this is just opinion. You are perfectly entitled to yours as am I. There's no such thing as a "fair go" meter as far as I am aware.

And which Trump "lies" do you regard as so much worse than the usual political lies? I understand your opinion which seems to be shared by much of the mainstream media and the establishment in general. Perhaps we can discuss some specific examples?

I suspect many of us here agree with Trump's statement about "shithole" countries, as some of Trump's peers probably also do. The problem is that he showed a lack of judgement and discretion expected in someone holding his position. Gordon touched upon this in his second post in this thread. As usual, we see only outrage in response without any discussion of the other real issues raised by his comment, which have been lost in the outrage.
    I agree with his sentiment only so far as those who bite the hand that feeds them. Like in Melbourne atm. There are plenty of hard working, honest, law abiding immigrants. It's the lefts head in the sand insistence on not deporting, jailing or even punishing those who refuse to be a part of this society that is the problem. Vote ALP or Green and that's what you get because they see that demographic as their new bread and butter. I don't believe that they give a shit about the "worker" in the traditional sense any more than the coalition do.

In the US, with it's ridiculously racist history, the risks of a humanitarian disaster are greater IMO. I personally think that Trump fuels that, but as I've already said it's just my opinion and like arseholes, everyone has one.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (13-01-18)

Thanks

I think our Immigration program needs to recognise not only that we can take only limited numbers, but that there are some groups with a far higher proportion who statistically will bite the hand that feeds them. It is very interesting that Victoria is experiencing so many problems with the Sudanese under the loony Andrews government whilst NSW and other States seem to be doing just fine. I know NSW has taken a fair number of Sudanese. Not sure about the other states, though I suspect Victoria's problems are simply not facing up to the reality.

We can take migrants from the problem groups, and arguably have a duty to take some for humanitarian reasons. However, it is time we were realistic about it instead of idealistic. There should be practical measures taken to weed out the likely trouble makers. There should be adequate provision made to ensure the integration of those we do take, and we should deport the failures. And, of course, we should take lesser numbers from these problem groups because of the higher cost involved in vetting and monitoring these groups. Human beings are just that, human. But in some cases we are dealing with human beings with vastly different cultural and moral values. Some of these can be accommodated within our society. Some cannot and should not. The problems are arising where we take immigrants who will not abandon these incompatible cultural and moral aspects of their former society. In the case of the Sudanese problem the problem seems to be a lack of respect for the rule of law, and the inability of either the Immigration authorities or the Victorian Government to handle the situation. It seems that most Sudanese immigrants can integrate, as is demonstrated by the law abiding migrants in Victoria and the apparent lack of problems in other States.

A recent article in The Australian suggested that NSW has not had the same problems partly because it settled many Sudanese in country towns with strong communities, where they have integrated well. It could be that large concentrations of potential problem groups should be avoided. I think it is important to recognise groups with likely integration problems, consider whether we should take them, if so, what number can be reasonably integrated having regard also to cost, and plan and budget to avoid or deal with the problems.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

enf (13-01-18),wal1 (13-01-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

I mentioned either here or in an other post about a regarding a specific group being housed in a NSW Country Town causing problems as they were not Immigrants but refugees and they were here only until the situation improved in their own Country.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

but the sheer numbers of educated people who find him offensive MUST be taken into consideration.
    And there in lies the problem, the extreme amount oF rednecks who do NOT find him offensive are who got him over the line.

He appeals to the common down trodden white person who lost their job to a “foreigner” in their eyes.

He is a nationalist and know how to get the mob fired up.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    And there in lies the problem, the extreme amount oF rednecks who do NOT find him offensive are who got him over the line.

He appeals to the common down trodden white person who lost their job to a “foreigner” in their eyes.

He is a nationalist and know how to get the mob fired up.
    This is true, AND has never proved to have worked out very well anywhere in the past....sometimes disastrously. And while they got him over the line, the fact that a huge proportion of the opposing forces didn't even vote puts that squarely on them as far as I am concerned.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

This is true, AND has never proved to have worked out very well anywhere in the past....sometimes disastrously. And while they got him over the line, the fact that a huge proportion of the opposing forces didn't even vote puts that squarely on them as far as I am concerned.
    But this has been debated ad nausium, they got who they voted for with the electoral system they have.

If the masses chose not to vote at all then I say just shut up till next time and make sure you vote then.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

enf (14-01-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

I feel Trump's electoral platform was based on three things primarily, Jobs being lost because of imports, seemingly uncontrolled migration from Mexico and Obama's Socialistic Medicare scheme.
    Those of us outside the US have no idea just how dirty the word 'Socialism' is to main stream America.
    They cannot grasp the concept of schemes like the UK NHS or our Medicare system being run by the Government for the populace on a communal basis.

There is a movie called 'Trumbo' that is just one of many regarding the era when people were jailed or lost their jobs because of the hype about Communism and I believe that attitude still exists today but not so fervently.
    'Better Dead than RED', Your a 'Fellow Traveler' or a 'Commie Pinko' if you dont agree with the political ideas by those in power.
    Neither the Democrats nor the Republican parties are very 'worker/labour' oriented from what I can see, in fact I have trouble working out just what the differences are between them.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 14-01-18 at 12:31 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Perhaps this is where Trump got the idea from.

He really needs to take a good look at the 'shithole' image of the USA he's sending to the rest of the world.

Some may say he's just adding to that image many people already had of it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

enf (14-01-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Regarding Trump's lying being written off as "oh, but all politicians lie, why should Trump be any different?" Well it's a 'scale' problem. You see, Trump is a compulsive liar, he can't tell the truth. He lies when he doesn't have to, because he is incapable of telling the truth. He has lied about numbers, interactions, and situations, in speeches where he could have just told the truth, and the so-called "liberal media" would have been fine with it, but he just can't do it. He keeps getting caught in his lies.

I wanted to post a list of his lies since taking office, but I now realise it would literally take up a whole page. The scale of his untruths is truly staggering. The list I have linked to below has 179 bold-faced, verifiable, lies since Trump's inauguration, until November 11th 2017. Please read the list, many of the lies you will be familiar with, like "Obama wire-tapped Trump Tower" or "the terror attack in Sweden" to "we (USA) have the highest rate of corporate tax in the world".

I get that some of you empathise with Trump, but I can't for the life of me understand how you could write-off such blatant, verifiable, dishonesty. No president in the history of the USA has even come close to the amount of BS that comes from this drongo's mouth. It's not the "liberal media", it's just what he says, and then the media research what he said and reports it. Would you have them NOT report it, like Fox-news?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

mtv (14-01-18),Uncle Fester (15-01-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

What's truly frightening with the (growing) list, is the sheeple that believe the bullshit he says.

There are verifiable facts, then there are Trump's 'alternative facts' - AKA lies and fabrications.

He really should be the one credited with constantly spewing 'fake news'.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (15-01-18)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast