Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updating latest maps to Win CE5 running MioPocket dilemma

Thanks

OK iv had somewhat of a success. I now only have the one Garmin folder and updated the gmapprom.img & gmap3d.img with the latest versions.
    Garmin opens unlocked and i can see the map, great. But now it just searches for gps signal and cant find one. From memory this had something to do with the portsplitter, which is in the RunGMXT folder. Possible setting is Com_2 & Baud 57600, again from memory.
    Do you remember how to set this? Was it done in the SD card on the pc, or on the device (mio moov 370 with miopocket)?
    Tried opening portsplitter on pc but its not a version recognised by windows 8.

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

The CE versions of XT I had would only work if they could get data from COM or port 1, regardless of what was set in it's settings, 1 was the only port number it would work with.
    I used it on a locked Navig8r G43, CE5 device which was locked to port 7.
    I used to run a port splitter manually (made a shortcut to start it in the shell I used) set it's input port to 7 & it's output port to 1, before starting XT.
    Then XT used to get a signal & work ok almost immediately when started.
    I used to only run the CE version of XT from an SD card as it wouldn't work properly from any device's internal storage.
    The port splitter never used to matter where it was run from, internal or SD it worked ok.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

Surething (22-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zgardie View Post
    OK iv had somewhat of a success. I now only have the one Garmin folder and updated the gmapprom.img & gmap3d.img with the latest versions.
    You can ditch the gmap3d.img. It's for "3D Buildings and Landmarks" and can't be used by XT, so although it won't cause problems it's just taking up space.

I'd like to try unlocking the Navman MT60T i've got, are you able to give me a link to the version of MioPocket you used on your mio zgardie?

Thanks

Success 😁 in the end it was simple n kind of embarrassing really. I was launching the navigation path from que.exe instead of the script where the port splitter was. Rookie mistake but now it seems to be working fine. Huge thanks for all your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Surething View Post
    I'd like to try unlocking the Navman MT60T i've got, are you able to give me a link to the version of MioPocket you used on your mio zgardie?
    I still had MioPocket on my pc from about 6yrs ago so didn’t have to download it recently. Although the below link still seems to be working.

If it doesn’t i will try and create a link for you.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zgardie For This Useful Post:

Surething (23-02-18),Tiny (23-02-18)

Thanks

Thanks mate, no need for another link i've got it from there.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12