With buy back rates of 6 to7 cents per Kwh
And purchase rates of 27 to 35 cents per Kwh

It makes very good economical sense to store your excess power
Also, does Solar Panels really help those people who are both at work during the day (IE: little house usage in productive sunlight hours)

I know we have the Powerwall

But it seems some clever Aussie Households have already passed that mark by miles!

I'm amazed the amount of people which have designed and built Solar and Battery system to be totally Off Grid, while living in Suburbia.
This is not like i remember 25 years ago, they are not sacrificing or using LPG Fridges etc
They live exactly as they used to with Grid Power!
Use an Elec Clothes Dryer, Washing Machines, Dish Washer, Larger Flat Screen TVs, even have Elec HWS with a DC element.

What's more, the systems are designed for Winter and weeks of Overcast days.... So in Summer, they just romp it in.
The system i was looking at would be down to 88% at 7am and back too 100% by 11am!

The owner built a small lean too off the back of the Car Port to house the Inverters, Chargers, Switchboard, Isolators and Batteries.
Batteries are just Solar AGM Batteries
He has been Off Grid for 2 years!

Oh and Real Sweetener, when the Grid is down, he still has power

For people not quite this brave, they build a Hybrid System, still have all the gear, but the Grid is still connected and when a load too high is detected or the Batteries have gone below a preset threshold the Grid is used momentarily.

As energy prices rise, these types of set ups just become more and more viable
Soon, id say only Industry will be paying for power