Thread: DAS NX-16 and ComNav

Thanks

Smile DAS NX-16 and ComNav

I have a NX16 Panel with 2 x NX148-E LCD Keypads which I installed myself back in 2004, using a NX586E and the DL900 software.

About a year ago I purchased/installed the ComNav module however I have not been able to get it going and are looking for some assistance.

I am very happy to pay for help, and as a techo myself, I am would be grateful to accept remote support offers whereby I can perform any hands and feet actions, and can also provide remote access to my PC running DL900 software.

So my status is as follows:
    1. Installed the ComNav module - Done
    2. Connected ComNav to network - Done
    3. Confirmed ComNav module has obtained DHCP address on network - Done

I am only able to access the Web Interface via SSL using a VERY old version of Firefox which does not care about the invalid SSL stuff, however I am unable to login using the UserID=installer, and Password=[MyMasterCode]. It does not report that the credentials are wrong, it simply returns back to the login page. I am unsure if the issue is because of the old FireFox version (does ComNav need Java?), or if the credentials are wrong ?

Secondly, I read that I should be able to disable the SSL requirement on the ComNav using the keypad, however after following the procedure in the ComNav manual, it seems SSL is still not disabled, so I am unable to use another browser as they all complain about the invalid SSL certificate.

Anyone out there that may be willing to help a frustrated bloke ??? :-)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

hey mate log onto the comnav. *8 installer code then module 191. 19# then make sure 2 is off for ssl and 6 is on for advanced web programming. exit exit. then use internet explorer and type to bring log in screen. username installer and password installer code. that should log you into the comnav and make changes from there. dont forget the panel gets it time from the comnav now so set the time daylight savings start and finish and the +10 offset for time. create a web access code a user name and pin and then you will have access to add it to a a mobile phone.note if you log onto phone as installer then installer code you cant bypass zones and so forth

Thanks

Thanks cazfredjack fro your reply. Unfortunately the issue I am having is getting into the section on the comnav to disable ssl via the keypad.

It's been some time since I originally installed the panel, and any programming I have done since has been via DL900 software/, and the 586 Direct Connect Module.

When I enter *8 [installer code] 191 #, what should I be expecting to see on the LCD display to confirm I am ready to program the comnav module ?

Just to clarify, everything else on my system is working fine, it's just the ComNav module I have never been able to get going.

Thanks

*8 installer code then 191# to log onto the module then 19# see what numbers are lit. Make sure two is off to disable
    SSL and make sure 6 is on for advanced webpage programming there will be some other features on but can’t remember with out a book. But leave the others and do as mentioned. Then exit exit. Wait for service light to go out. Jump on a pc on the same network. Type . Then use installer as username and your installer code as the password and make your changes from there

Thanks

new software is DLx900