Thread: Review Of MyTopia Rotating Digital Outdoor Remote Aerial TV Antenna (CCT DT-999C)

Thanks

Default Review Of MyTopia Rotating Digital Outdoor Remote Aerial TV Antenna (CCT DT-999C)

Hi Everyone, Just a quick review of a brand new Antenna I just bought from Kogan.com.au, It is also sold on Mytopia.com.au (Believe it is their own branded antenna)

What makes this one different however is that it rotates... You essentially plug the antenna into a hub which then you plug the hub antenna into your TV (Or just plug the antenna straight in if you do not want it to rotate) with a remote allows you to rotate your antenna 360 Degrees left or right.

The information given on the box says:

*Built In Booster/Amplifyer
    *FOR VHF/UHF CHANNELS
    *GAIN 20~28dB
    *CHANNELS VHF0~12 UHF21~69
    *ROTATION 360 Dehrees
    *IMPEDANCE 75Ω
    *VOLTAGE AC110V/220V
    *MADE IN CHINA!
    *HI GAIN
    *LOW NOISE
    *EXTRA LONG 12 METRE CABLE

Pros are that it is an amazing antenna and is also at a very cheap price of $34.95 on Kogan or Catch ($99 RRP on the official maker (Mytopia)

Cons are that it is a pain to set up. It comes with 67 parts and you have to assemble each one (Worse than IKEA furniture!) The instructions are written in very bad & broken English and the pictures don't help either.

but all in all an excellent lightweight portable(ish) antenna which picks up excellent signal around my household! I have mine set up outside on a bench at the moment for testing and I can confirm it working excellently!

On Special now for $34.95 on Kogan or Catch so you should be quick to snag one of these excellent antennas!

Links:

Cheers

-DJ Cazzah
    Last edited by DJ Cazzah; 22-02-18 at 06:00 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Cazzah For This Useful Post:

fandtm666 (22-02-18)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

You say it's a quick review... is there a more in depth review to follow?

Just saying it's an amazing antenna isn't much of a review.

Realistically, a coathanger can perform equally as well in a good signal area, so it would be good to see some comparative signal results.

Nothing to do with your comments, but the specs show it to be suitable for CHANNELS VHF0~12, but there are no band 1 or 2 elements.

Just going by the pics it appears to be designed for VHF channels 6-12, plus UHF, so it's probably a good thing Melbourne doesn't have any low band channels these days.

I guess if you are happy with your purchase, then that's fine.

I'll be interested to see how it holds up in the weather, as most of these Chinese antennas suffer fairly quickly under Australian conditions, particularly with UV.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

tristen (22-02-18)