Thread: Hikvision cameras changing IP's

Thanks

Smile Hikvision cameras changing IP's

Hi. I've had a few sites with Hikvsion NVR's and cameras connected via POE switch and plugged into POE ports on NVR start changing IP's on their own. For instance.. 3 cameras connected to NVR, 5 cameras connected to remote POE switch which is cabled to NVR and connected to a spare port. Works fine for months, then suddenly remote cameras, not all, but some change IP address. Have to go to site and change IP in NVR for cameras. Hikvision have told me to connect cameras to network port of NVR, but i get same issue + not everyone wants cameras streaming on their network. Has anyone else had this? All cameras apart from direct connected cameras are given a static IP then added through camera management. Am i doing it wrong? Hope that makes sense.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I have only added a poe switch to local network and not poe of nvr.

• The Following User Says Thank You to secure For This Useful Post:

realistix (24-02-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realistix View Post
    Hi. I've had a few sites with Hikvsion NVR's and cameras connected via POE switch and plugged into POE ports on NVR start changing IP's on their own. For instance.. 3 cameras connected to NVR, 5 cameras connected to remote POE switch which is cabled to NVR and connected to a spare port. Works fine for months, then suddenly remote cameras, not all, but some change IP address. Have to go to site and change IP in NVR for cameras. Hikvision have told me to connect cameras to network port of NVR, but i get same issue + not everyone wants cameras streaming on their network. Has anyone else had this? All cameras apart from direct connected cameras are given a static IP then added through camera management. Am i doing it wrong? Hope that makes sense.
    I had this happen to me also when used with older firmware check all cameras and nvr make sure firmware is up to date in my experience these cameras sit on the shelf at suppliers for a while before they get to us so I install a lot of them and places I usually see weird issues like this is only if the firmware is old. Just be careful updating firmware on the cameras connected directly to the nvr as the nvr by default assigns a password to them randomly in my experience they may have to be reset after the firmware update to reconnect them to the nvr let me know the outcome after firmware check ill help with what I can.

• The Following User Says Thank You to hacknewz For This Useful Post:

realistix (24-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hacknewz View Post
    I had this happen to me also when used with older firmware check all cameras and nvr make sure firmware is up to date in my experience these cameras sit on the shelf at suppliers for a while before they get to us so I install a lot of them and places I usually see weird issues like this is only if the firmware is old. Just be careful updating firmware on the cameras connected directly to the nvr as the nvr by default assigns a password to them randomly in my experience they may have to be reset after the firmware update to reconnect them to the nvr let me know the outcome after firmware check ill help with what I can.
    Thanks mate. Sounds right, because just some sites have the problem. Hard to justify extra cost of updating FW all the time...customers don't want to know about those issues. I really believe suppliers should only sell up to date stock. Or Hikvision should make it a lot easier/less time consuming to update FW. 16 or 32 cameras can take a long time to update. Thanks for replies.

Thanks

Dear

Try to change the IP address to be static but do it from the Camera itself not through the NVR. From old experience, this is most common cause of the issue. Cheers