Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ask an American 'Gun Nut' anything, aka does the rest of the world understand us?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    WA isn't part of Australia, alpha one, you know that. In fact anything west of NSW and South of Melbourne doesn't count either.

As to your poster, cMangle

When law abiding citizens carry a gun - Criminals think I need a gun, too
    They've been armed since day 1, being unarmed just guarantees you'll lose, absent some miracle.
    When law abiding citizens conceal and carry - Criminals are more likely to shoot first
    Cite?

When law abiding citizens reveal and chamber - It's usually too late because the criminal has fired
    1. Cite? 2. You don't carry an unloaded/'unchambered' weapon. 1 in the pipe ready to go.

When law abiding citizens practices using their weapon - Criminals don't worry about it because they are all on the range
    Criminal's worst nightmare is an armed victim, numerous studies and cases have shown this... The most recent study showed 57% are more scared of armed homeowners/citizens than cops...

And just when you are bout to hit "share" a pro gun supporter will claim that having guns "protect" your freedoms
    Stand up for our right to go out into the world without the need to feel worried that we might not come home!

Actually, you do know the second amendment has nothing to do with guns. It was to allow Grizzly bears the right to remove your shirt before they ate you.
    lol

I see, so the black bear just gets no rights, huh? It's because it's black, isn't it..... Hahahaa... I love poking fun at all the PC stuff these days...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    There are reasons why our gun laws force us to keep guns locked in a safe at all times when not in use, just like
    we have laws to have child safe fences around our pools.
    Oh you don't know how much that makes me laugh. I had a friend who liked to introduce me to his friends .... "This is Trash, he's the guy who shot me!"
    Now I have to say that I was not the first person to shoot him, and the details of "how" he claims I shot him are more funny than the looks I used to get from people who introduced me to.
    My friend used to keep a loaded air rifle in a corner of his shack. There are videos of his shack on youtube, it wasn't a tidy place nor did he make any claim to its neatness.
    The reason he kept a loaded air rifle handy was that he had a passionate hatred for filth birds (Indian Myna birds). Yeah, I don't try and validate that kind of stupid, but keeping the rifle loaded and cocked ... well you can't imagine what happened.
    I was talking to him on the 2 way radio and he heard a filth bird outside in his back yard. He reached for his gun, but as he did I called him for something.
    Holding the rifle by the barrel, pointing at himself, he reached in the other direction for the microphone on the radio, pulling the rifle who's trigger was caught on a cable and "pop".
    The reply I hear on the radio was, "arrrrrggh ! Ya shot me ya c**t!"

Naturally, I laughed my arse off when he explained what had happened.
    So for the record, his claim is that I shot him with his own air rifle from over 60 kilometres away.
    I find it hard to refute this impressive claim to infamy

If somebody broke into my house, they would take my worthless shit as I would mess with their head. The cops would soon catch them and they would get some shared accommodation in the local clink.
    On the other hand, if I decided to shoot the crim, I'd have to go and find my keys, then get to the gun safe and unlock several locks, assemble the gun, and load it and then chase the gronk before taking the pleasure of dropping him.
    Of course at my trial, it would be pretty obvious how pre-meditated it was. "Your honour, Mr trash is known to be an excellent shot, so the first shot which was to the groin clearly indicates that he had a level of intent which has not been seen in this court until today."

Because we have such tough laws I feel quite safe in most parts of Australia and don't feel the need for a gun.
    Hehe. I wonder what parts of Australia you don't feel safe and which parts you would feel safer with a gun?
    Now we have some big spiders, but I'm not sure that validates a .44 automag.

And I think about my trips to the USA over the years and I can't think of any place in the USA I would feel safer with a gun, ok, maybe the rocky mountains, but there are hungry creatures there. Fvcking squirrels !
    I've walked around East LA, the Bronx, New Orleans, Maryland ... meh. No shortage of Muthas who might want to collect a local sight seeing fee upon my snowflake white arse.
    But I still don't feel the need to shoot back even if the thought does entertain me. The problem is that I'm a bloody good shot and I don't really want to explain why the paramedics too so long to arrive and couldn't revive bubba because they couldn't find all of the skull fragments.

Having guns to defend yourself against a rouge government? ...we know how well that works out for countries like Syria.
    If you use a gun against the government that will always be seen as an act of Terror, no matter what country or what you consider rouge.
    This is of course the heart of the problem and the very reason why the second amendment exists. To remove a government from power AND to give citizens protection from an authoritative government.
    Of course your explanation is a bit of an over simplification and also not correct. It hasn't worked out for Syria, but it has worked out very well for France, The Baltic states, Yugoslavia, Libya, Egypt, Lebanon, Iraq and even Iran and many others.
    And really what it comes down to is that you want your politicians to be afraid of being removed forcibly from office. Either being dragged out by the police or by the undertaker.

This does not validate the action, but it does not invalidate it. You only have to look at the dictators of the world. Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, Kim Jong Un. They are unable to step down because they are afraid that the moment they step back they will be called to account. Of course most people are not going to pop a cap in the glorious leader's arse because they stand to lose a lot if they do. If they didn't, the Don would have been stuffed and mounted in the Natural History museum by now. The tipping point is when you push that one person past the point where they have nothing left to lose and the guy at rock bottom takes out the guy at the top. When that happens you want to be able to facilitate that event and the universal karma rubber band snaps and the universe returns to equilibrium.

This of the point where I have made your life so miserable, worthless and hopeless that you no longer even value your life higher than the ability to enact justice upon me. That's why the second amendment exists.
    The purpose is supposed to be political, but of course it is misused for lesser personal reasons.

This political reason does also exist in Australian politics. We have that ability to misuse firearms both politically and personally.
    We don't use it politically because our politicians are reasonably well behaved and controlled. It's more likely that other politicians will hold them to account long before the need comes to assassinate them.
    When it comes to civil examples, we don't see a high homicide rate because licensed gun owners have a reasonable standing in the community and they are not willing to trade their cushy lifestyle for politics or personal reasons.
    They have too much to lose and nothing to gain. I think about the recent case of Ian Turnbull who shot an environmental inspector Glen turner.

Mr Turnbull is clearly the bad guy here. But a lot of local people have asked, How big of an arsehole did Glen turner for Turnbull to snap and murder him. Assuming that Turnbull was not already a bigger arsehole.

At the other end of the spectrum is the meth dealing grub who was pulled over by Highway Patrol officer David Rixon and he shot him.
    Now some people don't have a lot of respect for highway patrol, but even your average gronk doesn't feel any of them deserve a bullet.

Australia has a lot more respect for it's police because they are much less likely to shoot citizens and are more likely to be held accountable if they do.
    Last edited by trash; 20-03-18 at 09:34 PM.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks

gun nut
    Can explain why any one would have a use for this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    gun nut
    50 BMG?

Fun. It's a popular caliber for long range shooting. 1000 yds is fairly common. Think of it as DX..with a bullet instead of a QSL card...The challenge is to see how far you can get it and still hit your target.

'Legitimate' use though? Anti-materiel, anti-vehicle....

You should see the .577 Tyrannosaur, or the .950 JDJ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    gun nut
    Because it's Frickin' awesome!
    I was thinking about a McBros 50 BMG because I needed a new rabbit gun. They are $14,000 if you buy one local, and I was very tempted to import one for ~$4000 from Uncle Sam, but I just couldn't validate spending the money on it at the time.
    Which is a bit of a shame because I could have easily sold it for $15k now.

Actually, I have much less political issues with a 50 cal bolt action compared to a .223 semi-auto. If you're going to take out a tyrannical politician, a 50 cal is by far the better tool for the job and shows a level of dedication to doing the job properly.
    The 50 cal really slows down a crazed shooter trying to do damage to a crowd compared to any smaller calibre semi auto.

Every time you hear a 50 cal go bang, thing of a $10 usd banknote exploding.

And because we're talking about America, you know we have to take 50 cal and ramp it up. Lets go full auto .50 cal BMG and quad turret. Hell yeah !

There is a DVD that often sells at local gun shows here in Australia. Even the most conservative gun owner will giggle like a drunk schoolgirl when they watch it.
    Machine Gun Magic - Firestorm in the Desert.
    It's not unusual for ordinary red blooded males to get a boner that even a bucket of leeches wont get rid of the first time they see this video.

When you watch this video and you can see the tracer rounds in flight, remind yourself that each tracer represents $50 of ammo flying down range.

You should see the .577 Tyrannosaur, or the .950 JDJ...
    Tell me more !

Thanks

What I can't understand is that if you're a disgruntled and suicidal idiot who wants to be remembered as a hero, then why fvck shit for the good people of the planet?

What amazes me is that disgruntled loonies will shoot somebody popular like JFK or John Lennon.
    Nobody ever shoots a fvcker who deserves it like Senator Robert McCarthy or Edgar Hoover or David Miscavige.

Now that they've finished off the Texas bomber, I wonder what his story is?

But to be fair, because they were shot we remember JFK as a good guy, it didn't get the chance to fvck things up and peace loving John Lennon would have lost his shit and converted to Islam by now.
    Last edited by trash; 22-03-18 at 07:13 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Don't let the Americans read It's all about their masculinity!

When I was in the Cut Lunch Commandos as a teen we were up at Cultana range on our annual camp. As there was a fire ban we were given the task of stripping the tracer from belts of ammo for the GPMGs. The more we could strip, the more we were allowed to fire. Eventually, we set up on a hill overlooking a valley with about 5 machine guns. So, our 'targets' were bushes in the valley about a mile away. We only had to clear the piles of brass way several times after we had our yippee shoot. It did demonstrate to us, though, the amount of damage such a weapon could do. The barrels on each gun were glowing nicely time we finished.

Yes, it was fun! Do we need things such as this in the hands of the public? Hell NO!!!!!!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Indeed, there's a lot of future voters in those crowds of young people.

Some may even end up as politicians, or even president.
    Looks like the future is conveying a message.

Thanks

I did the math.

259 people killed in schools, including colleges, teachers, students, AND the gunmen, from Columbine to the end of 2017.

'epidemic' my ass.

That's a little over 1 a month.

4-5 kids a DAY are killed by abuse and neglect..... per CDC/DSHS

There's a saying we have...'Keep your powder dry'...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by technoweenie View Post
    I did the math.

259 people killed in schools, including colleges, teachers, students, AND the gunmen, from Columbine to the end of 2017.

'epidemic' my ass.

That's a little over 1 a month.
    Your figures rely sole on deaths, not the life long effect such an incident would have on a school aged child directly involved, being someone either injured or seeing/hearing classmates being murdered.

An article in the Washington Post from only a few days ago puts the number of school aged children directly effected by mass school shootings at 187,000.

Since Columbine that’s a little over 820 school children a month directly effected.

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

Skepticist (25-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    Your figures rely sole on deaths, not the life long effect such an incident would have on a school aged child directly involved, being someone either injured or seeing/hearing classmates being murdered.

An article in the Washington Post from only a few days ago puts the number of school aged children directly effected by mass school shootings at 187,000.

Since Columbine that’s a little over 820 school children a month directly effected.

The rolling eyes smiley here isn't big enough for me to use....I need one that fills up the whole screen,lol, to capture the extent of how much BS I think that is.. Why not count every child that has gone to that school, or watched it on TV, or lived in the neighborhood?

These are the same A-holes that intentionally skew statistics by counting anyone under 25 as 'children', in order to capture the majority of gang violence as 'child gun violence' so they can yell 'You must love dead children if you don't support gun control' and 'It's for the children!'...Sorry, no love lost when 3 gang bangers shoot and kill each other,, sounds like the problem solved itself....

You have the media and agitators LYING to people, they legitimately think they can walk into a Walmart and buy an AR15 off the shelf for $100 with no background check...95% of the crap they're yelling for is already law, and they're too ignorant to know it.

Thanks

.... they legitimately think they can walk into a Walmart and buy an AR15 off the shelf for $100 with no background check...
    I knoooooow - I tried !

• The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

technoweenie (25-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    I knoooooow - I tried !

Thanks

The rolling eyes smiley here isn't big enough for me to use....I need one that fills up the whole screen,lol, to capture the extent of how much BS I think that is.. Why not count every child that has gone to that school, or watched it on TV, or lived in the neighborhood?
    That would be BS of counted your way - but that is not how they obtained the figures.

As mentioned it was 187,000 children **directly** involved, that is being either injured (but not killed) or being present when their classmates were killed.

Regardless, the point is that there are far more people directly affect by school shootings than simple the poor souls who lost their lives.

Thanks

That would be BS of counted your way - but that is not how they obtained the figures.

As mentioned it was 187,000 children **directly** involved, that is being either injured (but not killed) or being present when their classmates were killed.

Regardless, the point is that there are far more people directly affect by school shootings than simple the poor souls who lost their lives.

Again, that sounds like a BS number... There weren't that many school shootings...

They HAVE TO BE counting friends of friends, friends of family, family of teachers, etc.

There are 3,158 students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School as of '16 (Most recent data). and that's a LARGE school....

That would mean over 60 MAJOR schools and associated 'mass shootings', even if EVERY student was impacted....

That's complete BS...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Unfortunately there will always be nutjobs, and in a culture that encourages gun ownership, with easy access to said guns, there will be more shootings no matter how many sheeple stamp their feet.............encouraged by the media/taking heads because it sells newspapers and advertising time on TV/interwebs which in turn encourages the next copy cat massacre

'directly' involved......................as in a classroom @ the other side of the school where the shooting took place ?? being counted as being present ??

It really is a sad state of affairs when you have to question 'kin EVERYTHING in print/talking heads use to whip the sheeple into action, and @ the end of the day even more guns will be bought..................because lets face it, you are safer/feel safer packin the concealed '45............. and just wait till the next nutjob starts shooting up your next math class !!!

I am not a betting man but I would be willing to bet a f*ckton of $$$ that a very large percentage of said 'victims', (and isn't it ohhh so fashionable to be classified as such these days ) once they come of age buy yet morrrrre guns to feel secure

Thanks

Again, that sounds like a BS number... There weren't that many school shootings...

They HAVE TO BE counting friends of friends, friends of family, family of teachers, etc.

There are 3,158 students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School as of '16 (Most recent data). and that's a LARGE school....

That would mean over 60 MAJOR schools and associated 'mass shootings', even if EVERY student was impacted....

That's complete BS...
    They are not counting friends, family, etc - only those directly present and affected at the school when the shooting of classmates occurs.

It also didn't include 'accidental discharges' on school ground (WTF?), shootings at school that didn't impact children (again - WTF?) or suicides using guns at school. Those figures are apparently staggering.

The article says there have been 193 school shootings since Columnine and that USA school shootings have apparently averaged 10 per year since then - most are not reported nationally in the US, nor internationally, simply because it is now a case that not enough children die to make the shooting newsworthy. That, in itself, is sickening.

It seems you don't realise, or choose to ignore, the extent of gun violence in American schools.

I'm not saying the 187,000 figure is 100% accurate, but information provided in the article suggests it is feasible.

I make the point again, there are far more people directly affect by school shootings than simple the poor souls who lost their lives.

Thanks

If a man kills his ex wife, who is a teacher, then kills himself, AT A SCHOOL... Is that a school shooting, a school murder, a school suicide?

Thanks

If a man kills his ex wife, who is a teacher, then kills himself, AT A SCHOOL... Is that a school shooting, a school murder, a school suicide?
    Does it matter?

The issue we should be concerned about is the ease of which the man was able to access the firearm, and that he chose to use that firearm to murder another person.

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

Skepticist (28-03-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Default From the sublime to the ridiculous

Remington: Oldest US gunmaker files for bankruptcy

The oldest gun manufacturer in the US, Remington Outdoor, has filed for bankruptcy in the wake of slumping sales.

GILBOA SNAKE DOUBLE BARREL AR15 RIFLE

The Snake Rifle concept was developed by Silver Shadow to improve combat fire effectiveness by firing two rounds without the delay and recoil of a cycling mechanism.

Only in america

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

Skepticist (28-03-18)

• Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast