Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffee shop refuses to serve police officers

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Coffee shop refuses to serve police officers

Absolutely pathetic.

Feel free to slam them on Google review, I did. They have pulled their Facebook page.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-03-18),irritant (12-03-18),Keith (13-03-18)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Apart from them discriminating, it's just a dumb business move, as police would likely be regular paying customers.

Hopefully their customers show disapproval by taking their business elsewhere. Eg: boycott them.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-03-18),irritant (12-03-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

I can see a two day response time to any trouble at that cafe.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mkhannah For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-03-18),irritant (12-03-18),shred (12-03-18),VroomVroom (13-03-18)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mkhannah View Post
    Sadly it doesn’t work that way. Even the biggest cop haters get full assistance when they are need it.

As far as I am concerned, that’s what makes a good cop, no discrimination!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (13-03-18),mkhannah (12-03-18),wal1 (12-03-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Sadly the coppers will respond to problems at that store, It's a pity, because they don't deserve any support from those who risk life and limb on a daily basis. I'd love to live near there just so I can Boycott the store. I'll boycott it anyway, but it won't make any difference.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,534 Posts

Disrespectful cop hating arseholes! I wish I was there and rob the place, I bet the owners first call would be to police

Thanks

Oakland Police Department ? Yeah that rings a bell

In 1991, the Oakland Police Department paid a $42,000 settlement to rapper Tupac Shakur after allegedly brutally beating him for jaywalking.[39]

In 2003, the city paid $10.9 million to 119 plaintiffs who reportedly had been victimized by members of Oakland Police. However, after the officers were fired from the OPD, a jury that had no black members on it ended up clearing the four Rough Riders on eight of the counts against them, and were unable to reach a decision on 27 others.[40] As a result of the Negotiated Settlement Agreement stemming from Allen v. City of Oakland (AKA the Riders Case), an Independent Monitoring Team was appointed by the Federal District court.[41] In January 2012, the Court found that OPD had still not complied with the terms of the settlement, and ordered OPD stripped of some of its independence, requiring on-going consultation with the Independent Monitor to exercise an array of powers.[42] Plaintiffs in the case have requested OPD be placed under the control of a federal receivership.[43]

In 2003, two undercover members of the Oakland Police Department were assigned to participate in the anti-Iraq War movement. They stood for and were elected to leadership roles before their true affiliations were uncovered.[44]

In 2008, Oakland agreed to pay $2 million to 16 women, all Asian, who alleged being groped, harassed, or victimized by a member of the Oakland Police Department.[45][46] After a criminal trial, former Officer Richard Valerga was sentenced to six months in jail.[47]

In 2010, Oakland agreed to pay $6.5 million to individuals alleging that the Oakland police for years illegally obtained search warrants based on false or misleading information.[48][49]

In 2011, Oakland Police came under further criticism for its handling of Occupy Oakland.[50] Occupier and United States Marine Corps and Iraq War veteran Scott Olsen was shot in the head with a beanbag round by an Oakland police SWAT team member.[51][52] Federal district judge Thelton Henderson threatened sanctioning the Oakland PD if it does not submit a plan to address the immense number, over a thousand, of complaints over the department's violent handling of Occupy Oakland.[53]

Oakland has paid a total of $57 million during the 2001–2011 timeframe to alleged victims of police abuse—the largest sum of any city in California.[54]

In 2012, the City of Oakland authorized an $800,000 settlement stemming from a case in which two citizens were unlawfully strip-searched on a public street by Oakland Police.[55]
    Resignation of three police chiefs in June 2016

In June 2016, at least 14 Oakland Police officers were alleged to be involved in a sex scandal, involving officers having sex with a teenage girl, including some while she was a minor.[56] The scandal was revealed by an investigation triggered by a suicide note written by Oakland Police Officer Brendan O'Brien, who was one of the implicated officers alleged to have repeatedly had sex with the girl while she was a minor.[57] He committed suicide as the investigation into the underage sex scandal proceeded, and about a year after his wife's death, which was called suspicious in a coroner's report but was not investigated fully.

The scandal led to the resignation of three Chiefs of Police of the Oakland Police Department in nine days, and the department was under civilian control from June 17, 2016 through February 27, 2017, when Chief Anne Kirkpatrick was sworn in.[58] [59] At a press conference, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf delivered an aggressive repudiation of the Oakland Police Department and its staff, while announcing another new scandal, this one involving racist text messages sent among Oakland Police Department officers.[60] Both the underage teen sex scandal and the racist text message scandals are under investigation.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

When i was 15 i hated the cops

when i turned 17

I grew up

Some people will never grow up LOL
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to best4less For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-03-18),mandc (13-03-18)

Premium Lager

Thanks

At 15 I had utmost respect for the cops.

At 55, I is one!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (13-03-18),Rick (13-03-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PZ. View Post
    Oakland Police Department ? Yeah that rings a bell

In 1991, the Oakland Police Department paid a $42,000 settlement to rapper Tupac Shakur after allegedly brutally beating him for jaywalking.[39]

In 2003, the city paid $10.9 million to 119 plaintiffs who reportedly had been victimized by members of Oakland Police. However, after the officers were fired from the OPD, a jury that had no black members on it ended up clearing the four Rough Riders on eight of the counts against them, and were unable to reach a decision on 27 others.[40] As a result of the Negotiated Settlement Agreement stemming from Allen v. City of Oakland (AKA the Riders Case), an Independent Monitoring Team was appointed by the Federal District court.[41] In January 2012, the Court found that OPD had still not complied with the terms of the settlement, and ordered OPD stripped of some of its independence, requiring on-going consultation with the Independent Monitor to exercise an array of powers.[42] Plaintiffs in the case have requested OPD be placed under the control of a federal receivership.[43]

In 2003, two undercover members of the Oakland Police Department were assigned to participate in the anti-Iraq War movement. They stood for and were elected to leadership roles before their true affiliations were uncovered.[44]

In 2008, Oakland agreed to pay $2 million to 16 women, all Asian, who alleged being groped, harassed, or victimized by a member of the Oakland Police Department.[45][46] After a criminal trial, former Officer Richard Valerga was sentenced to six months in jail.[47]

In 2010, Oakland agreed to pay $6.5 million to individuals alleging that the Oakland police for years illegally obtained search warrants based on false or misleading information.[48][49]

In 2011, Oakland Police came under further criticism for its handling of Occupy Oakland.[50] Occupier and United States Marine Corps and Iraq War veteran Scott Olsen was shot in the head with a beanbag round by an Oakland police SWAT team member.[51][52] Federal district judge Thelton Henderson threatened sanctioning the Oakland PD if it does not submit a plan to address the immense number, over a thousand, of complaints over the department's violent handling of Occupy Oakland.[53]

Oakland has paid a total of $57 million during the 2001–2011 timeframe to alleged victims of police abuse—the largest sum of any city in California.[54]

In 2012, the City of Oakland authorized an $800,000 settlement stemming from a case in which two citizens were unlawfully strip-searched on a public street by Oakland Police.[55]
    Resignation of three police chiefs in June 2016

In June 2016, at least 14 Oakland Police officers were alleged to be involved in a sex scandal, involving officers having sex with a teenage girl, including some while she was a minor.[56] The scandal was revealed by an investigation triggered by a suicide note written by Oakland Police Officer Brendan O'Brien, who was one of the implicated officers alleged to have repeatedly had sex with the girl while she was a minor.[57] He committed suicide as the investigation into the underage sex scandal proceeded, and about a year after his wife's death, which was called suspicious in a coroner's report but was not investigated fully.

The scandal led to the resignation of three Chiefs of Police of the Oakland Police Department in nine days, and the department was under civilian control from June 17, 2016 through February 27, 2017, when Chief Anne Kirkpatrick was sworn in.[58] [59] At a press conference, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf delivered an aggressive repudiation of the Oakland Police Department and its staff, while announcing another new scandal, this one involving racist text messages sent among Oakland Police Department officers.[60] Both the underage teen sex scandal and the racist text message scandals are under investigation.
    And?...so it's an unsavoury situation that will will take time to mend.

This coffee shop expects to gain police protection when needed, without providing Police officers equal rights. F*ck 'em. Every Police force in the world has bad cops, Porkops included (which ever one that is, Vic Police I assume). I wonder if the coffee shop has a sideline that having cops present might put at risk?

You can pick up any given newspaper on any given day and read about police corruption, political corruption, union corruption, coffee shop owner corruption, whatever....

I wouldn't give my money to such an establishment....no way.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Your response is very similar to that of the coffee shop owner... a cop out

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PZ. View Post
    Your response is very similar to that of the coffee shop owner... a cop out
    Just stating the obvious....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

This is America where totally different Laws apply to just about everything and unlike here, the Police dont have 'Right of Entry' without a search warrant so I am sure if someone reads the City Ordnance's and Statutes, there will be something there the Police can use to deny attendance/entry to the property.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Lager

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    the Police dont have 'Right of Entry' without a search warrant
    Not always the case.

Certain sections of Victoria's Crimes Act allow for forced entry without a warrant as does the Family Violence Protection Act, and probably a few more.

In Victoria there is a "if a police officer believes on reasonable grounds.......", if challenged in court it is up to the police officer to defend his "belief on reasonable grounds" to the Magistrate/Judge.

I really don't get the mentality of some, they want police to protect them but do not want the rights of the criminals infringed??????? Forget about the rights of the victim have been infringed upon by the offender in the first place!!!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

enf (13-03-18),VroomVroom (14-03-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

I mean, if the coffee shop had completed a stocktake of donuts and were hundreds short I could understand.....

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mkhannah For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (14-03-18),bob_m_54 (15-03-18),enf (13-03-18)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mkhannah View Post
    Then you will have Police Ethical Standard investigating the issue.
    I think the Police should pay the same as we have to pay. I have complained as I saw a undercover cop flash his badge and not pay for the Bus trip. The NEXT 20 days I said to him after I asked the Bus drive days earlier and told me he was a cop and he told the owner of the bus company he was working under Cover.
    Days later I saw him again as he gets on the bus later on my trip and he Flash his badge AGAIN but this time I ask why he did not have to pay like the others on this bus. He said he was working under Cover,, so i said, well you work under cover, you have just BLOWN your under cover status, and if I was you and were under cover you should pay so you will be the others on this bus and make no other person suspicious .
    After this I never saw him again FULL STOP.
    We should all be treated equal including the Pollies getting free hand out her and there.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    Not always the case.

Certain sections of Victoria's Crimes Act allow for forced entry without a warrant as does the Family Violence Protection Act
    Yes in that case they do not have any rules they do what please them. Anything to do with women and anyone under 18 the Laws are thrown out the window, anything goes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    This is America where totally different Laws apply to just about everything and unlike here, the Police dont have 'Right of Entry' without a search warrant so I am sure if someone reads the City Ordnance's and Statutes, there will be something there the Police can use to deny attendance/entry to the property.
    In the US (most states) the Police have right of silence and because of this the Police can refuse to give a statement and because of this they cannot be charged for even MURDER. Remember the Poor Australian women Shoot dead by that gun happy cop.
    If this happen in Australia he would have been charged (the Police union with come out with their defense) and after the Jury saw the Video he would be found GUILTY.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    Not always the case.

I really don't get the mentality of some, they want police to protect them but do not want the rights of the criminals infringed??????? Forget about the rights of the victim have been infringed upon by the offender in the first place!!!
    The Job of the Police is to arrest someone that has commit a Crime not to assault the Person.
    I would like to shake his hand if I ever see him in the street. This was a real Cop.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

While TV shows rarely are reality, how many have heard the 'suspect' refuse to allow the 'TV Cop' to open the Trunk or Boot ??
    And during an 'investigation' where a Death (murder) has occurred by any cause, hear the 'Police' say they need to obtain a warrant to enter the 'Victims' residence ??

If either of the above arent true, then why say it in the program?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast