Thread: Solution 862 Display confusion

Thanks

Question Solution 862 Display confusion

I used the user's manual to find that I needed to replace the battery, it deteriorated and one wire had corroded. Whole system was turned off at the main while I sourced a new battery and replacement wire/terminal (new stuff for me). So, today I reattached the wire and the battery, closed the cover and turned the mains back on. Went into alarm mode/fault mode which my husband turned off. He left for work and alarm went off three times. The number 8 is flashing and the off indicator is flashing. Nothing else looks different. In the manual it says it's an unsealed zone and it will reset once sealed, but I can't find out what this means or how to seal it. I think 8 is the garage which was unattached some time ago. Not sure what I need to do next. Hasn't alarmed again in the last half hour though ...but still flashing.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Probably the tamper switch on the alarm panel where the battery was changed not sealing.

Thanks

If the battery was disconnected and the mains was off it may also need its clock reset. Although it's an old, defective system and presumably unmonitored. Your neighbours will appreciate if you just leave it turned off or replace it with something that is reliable.