Thread: win XP drivers for eee PC 701?

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Default win XP drivers for eee PC 701?

Hi,

I have recently purchased an Asus eee PC 701 4G mini laptop. This is a fantastic little device. I bought the Linux (Xandros) version. It comes with a CD just incase you stuff up or wish to re install your OS.

I would like to give XP a try. I am at present making a cut down slipstreamed version of XP for the device but would like to obtain a copy of the drivers for the various hardware that is on the unit, ie, webcam, ethernet, sound, vga, etc.

I wonder if any member of austech has purchased the 701 with XP and could either, supply a copy of the drivers that came with the CD, or a copy of the whole cd, or a site that has them available for download? eeepc.asus.com seems to only have the linux options?

Thanks for your help

regards

porkop

anyone interested, msy have them at a very good price compared to other retailers.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

From what I have read all the xp drivers should be on the linux recovery disc that came with the computer

"The Eee PC is a low-end sub-notebook PC based on a simple Linux operating system. Targeted at second-PC buyers, mobile users and children, it comes with a wide-ranging applications suite and looks like it will attract a huge user community. Upgrading to XP is possible using the ASUS-supplied XP driver set. (Users will have to buy an XP licence though.)"

also

"and it does come with a CD recovery disc that also contains XP drivers."

Thanks

go here porkpop you will find everything you need and all the help you will ever need for it.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

thanks guys