Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Russia prepares for Nuke War??

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

High-ranking UK academics are accused of ‘spreading pro-Assad and Russian conspiracy theories around British universities’
    I cant find who is accusing said academics ??

The 'TIMES' newspaper ??, can we have a name of the person/organization ??

The 'Times' (more like 'slimes') has a lot to answer for

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    I cant find who is accusing said academics ??
    But that's the beauty of it, isn't it!

It doesn't need to be sourced......just put out there......the echo chamber will take care of the rest.

If this had happened anywhere outside the western club there would be screams of suppression of free speech, political persecution, interference with academic freedom, insert favourite outrage here (.......)

These people will, like as not, now be fighting to keep their jobs.....isn't that what Erdogan just did in Turkey.......anybody in the public service that was deemed to be out of sync with him suddenly found themselves on the dole queue.

Just as well we have our freedums!!
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 18-04-18 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    Or maybe, like the Establishment, she's woken up to the fact that there's a lot of gullible dickheads out there who will buy anything.

This sort of person is quite common.........the yanks recently voted one in as their President.

Still, I always prefer to consider the message, rather than seek ways to shoot the messenger.

The fact is, the U.S. has accused the Russians of deliberately delaying the OPCW inspectors and interfering with the attack site in Douma......so the credibility of the messenger is somewhat irrelevant.

If you don't like hearing it from her, there are plenty of other sites on the 'net reporting the same message.....and the same message is appearing on services ranging from SBS to Euronews, France 24, TRT, NHK......take your pick in the credibility stakes.
    Seriously mate? We may not often agree, but you're usually better than this. You've linked to an article by an Astrologer claiming to be a journalist and now claim credibility doesn't matter! Your conspiracy theory is not impossible. But as yet I have not seen anything other than speculation supporting it, with the sources of much of that speculation being of a similar calibre to Ms Johnstone. One fact which does seem to stand out is that the OPCW Inspectors have not had access to the site whilst others have.
    Last edited by DB44; 18-04-18 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    Seriously mate? We may not often agree, but you're usually better than this. You've linked to an article by an Astrologer claiming to be a journalist and now claim credibility doesn't matter! Your conspiracy theory is not impossible. But as yet I have not seen anything other than speculation supporting it, with the sources of much of that speculation being of a similar calibre to Ms Johnstone. One fact which does seem to stand out is that the OPCW Inspectors have not had access to the site whilst others have.
    You're clutching at straws, DB.

What conspiracy theory?

There is no conspiracy theory........the U.S has accused Russia of tampering with the attack site........turn on your TV.

But your strategy is easy to see:

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2]
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 18-04-18 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    You're clutching at straws, DB.

What conspiracy theory?

There is no conspiracy theory........the U.S has accused Russia of tampering with the attack site........turn on your TV.

But your strategy is easy to see:

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2]
    If you think that your Astrologer is a credible source then I am afraid there is nothing I can do for you. You may perhaps also have noticed that I not only discussed her credibility but also mentioned a little matter of evidence?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    If you think that your Astrologer is a credible source then I am afraid there is nothing I can do for you. You may perhaps also have noticed that I not only discussed her credibility but also mentioned a little matter of evidence?
    Sorry, DB......smarter than that.......not following you down the rabbit hole.

Cheers

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234