Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VL Commodore sells for $340,000

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    What a joke, you can buy a sony player that will play everything the oppo will, region free etc/4k etc. for $500 us delivered......

it would be interesting to see the results of a blind test between the two......
    The Oppo's are in a league of there own according to the experts, calibrators, a professionals and reviewers around the world. No Sony can compare to a Oppo 103, 103D, 203, and the 205. The Only player that come close to them is the Panasonic DMP UB900
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 20-04-18 at 11:42 AM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    What's so good about an oppo? I put a BD player in my server and all it cost me was time. (I extracted it from a dead system)
    You need to google OPPO and see the professional around the world and see and read what they say about the Oppo mainly the 103, 103D 203 and the 205

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Like i said, id like to see the results of a blind test......

I know all about oppos....

A lot of high end audiophile gear fails the blind test, but they do make the snobs feel better about themselves.....

Back on topuc, i dont think my fgx sprint is appreciating very quickly....

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hoe; 20-04-18 at 12:21 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

I actually think buying that was a very wise move!
    Given what we are seeing with the muscle cars now, and even into the commodores, given enough time, what you have purchased could be quite valuable.

Even if plenty of others have purchased one for the same reasons.
    It will be a era gone, something is never to be made again.

In Mad Max's mechanics own words........

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Like i said, id like to see the results of a blind test......

I know all about oppos....

A lot of high end audiophile gear fails the blind test, but they do make the snobs feel better about themselves.....

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Yes although I'm not a Ford Lover all our Muscle cars have appreciated but I never had Muscle cars for that reason as I like something that is V8 and has a good note to it and has some grunt in it.
    Funny thing is, the Last time I drove the HQ I pull up at a set of traffic light and a young guy with some of his mate pulled up next to me and and he started to talk so I read his lips and it was easy to see what he was saying ,,,, "Quote" "LOOK at that OLD C..T"
    Yes Enjoying the car that I drove since I was 19. I never in my life of driving cars I have only had one car, I always had a Shi.tter and most of the time it was a Holden Ute, EH , HD, HQ, HQ Sandman 253 Man Ute, and the VR Commodore.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Given what we are seeing with the muscle cars now, and even into the commodores, given enough time, what you have purchased could be quite valuable.
    The auctioneers stated that most people buying these sorts of cars are now investors and not enthusiasts.

We used to bag a mate in the 90's who used to collect old Holdens. I haven't seen him for a few years but I reckon his "junk" would be worth a bit, particularly as he bought an auto wreckers back then and still owns it.

I wrecked out my L31 Torana SLR5000 in the early 90's to get more money

Thanks

I have a Friend that had a Genuine 2 door A9X with L34 Guards on it (some did not have it) that he purchased it for $12000 20 years ago. It was in Mint condition, Everyone said including his father said you are MAD to spend that Money on it so he sold it years later and re coop the Money back. Today that car would be worth $400,000.
    Funny thing is 3 weeks ago on I think Channel 10 News some one purchased a house and the junk came with it including the shed out the back (Locked and the door was stuck) which had full off stuff in it but the previous owner built a Pool (died) so the trailer in the outside the shed could not be drive out but in the shed there was a Vermilion Fire Phase two Falcon GT and it had 30 years on dust on it so Shannons Insurance caught a wiff of it done a deal (don't know) and had a HUGE Crane lift the car over the House. Yes the car was put as it was in a "BARN FIND" in a exhibition.
    Imagine buying a $400,000 house and having a $400,000 car that you did not know out the back shed.

Thanks

Its sad for me that my whole Family does not give a shi.t about cars. My daughter Own the HQ for reasons as I'm a Pensioner and my son that does not give a shit about cars owns the HT Monro.
    When I die and If God curses me I will see my Children Mainly My son selling the car whilst my corpse is still warm.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 21-04-18 at 09:22 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I bought it because I wanted the last of the fast Ford's.
    I ordered it a couple of years before it came out, I told the local ford dealer if they bring out one last fast ford I'll have one.
    I had the choice of a turbo six or V8.
    I chose the 6, as it's an Aussie engine and they made less of them.
    I can't decide whether to drive it or leave it in the shed gathering dust.
    It is awesome to drive, handles like a go cart and has heaps of smooth turbine like grunt....

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

It likely comes down to whether you bought it as an investment, with the intention of selling it later in life.... or experience the enjoyment of driving it while you know you can.

We never know what life might deal us tomorrow.

Is there someone you'd leave it to in your will?

I might have kept it as an investment if I was younger, but I think now, by the time it's worth some serious money, I might be too old to enjoy the return on my investment... even if I'm still alive then.

I'd be more inclined to think... bugger it... I'm gonna enjoy having this piece of Aussie history.

Thanks

I bought it because I wanted the last of the fast Ford's.
    I ordered it a couple of years before it came out, I told the local ford dealer if they bring out one last fast ford I'll have one.
    I had the choice of a turbo six or V8.
    I chose the 6, as it's an Aussie engine and they made less of them.
    It is awesome to drive, handles like a go cart and has heaps of smooth turbine like grunt....

I always wanted to have a house a very big house that was like a Holden Dealership and had the cars inside the House but I never got that rich so I had to decide for the second and make our under main roof garage like a part of the house which I have done and considering the garage is next to the kitchen it was easy but what I had to do is change the concrete floor to tile so in one way it matches the house. Yes when in the Kitchen I walk into the Garage and Talk to the cars and tell them Its raining outside and you are lucky as you are inside out of the rain or that Horrible sun or that Bat shit. We have a WA design House that has 4 Garages (not seen in QLD)so all 4 cars can be garaged.

Thanks

Still rebuilding cars and room to put them, my son and daughter both love them also, so they will go to a good home after me

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedXT For This Useful Post:

enf (21-04-18),ol' boy (21-04-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Envy is a sin......I shall repent......one day. I looked at the first link h8fg4 and thought I'd identified a couple of XTs, the second, confirmed it. The second car I ever owned was a 3.6 XT, would have loved a GT, but that is another story. To this day, I still wish I had kept it.

As far as collectible is concerned, any car, kept long enough, will appreciate in value. When we were young, how many of us had wet dreams about a Datsun 1200? See what they are fetching now.....
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Yes the performance car arena has turned into much like the real estate market, prices driven up by investors AND speculators.

There is money to be made in this area if your at the right place at the right time and know a bit about cars.

Yes thieves are a major issue, we just went through this with a GTR that my son purchased as a money maker that had some issues.

Case was a Standard GTR that had what was diagnosed as a spun bearing (very common) that would not start, the kid picked it up for next to nothing and presented it to me with the words "here fix it"

A fuel pump later started it, knocking noise ended up being miss diagnosed by the previous GTR workshop, ended up being a flogged woodruff keyway on the crank snout that i could fix without removing the engine for under $500 including new timing belt etc.

Just as it was ready to put back on the market to sell a car load of Arabs ended up at our place trying to steal it at 4am, cameras showed they could get in quicker than i could with a key in my hand, unfortunately for them they couldn't get far as i pulled the ECU out and unplugged the CAS knowing id be targeted by thieves.

No big deal, $150 to buy a set of second hand key barrels, and she was good to go again.

My son made a nice $25K + profit on that sale.....for 2 weekends of my work.

Hang on i dont remember him even saying thank you.......

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

admin (27-04-18),lsemmens (27-04-18),ol' boy (27-04-18),VroomVroom (27-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

those middle eastern turds have completely buggered the car auction game , gone are the days of buying a repairable car from auctions and flipping it. scum have been bidding thousands of $$$ for completely burnt out luxury cars ( which they use for rebirthing ) which they probably stole in the first place.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Yes the performance car arena has turned into much like the real estate market, prices driven up by investors AND speculators.

There is money to be made in this area if your at the right place at the right time and know a bit about cars.

Yes thieves are a major issue, we just went through this with a GTR that my son purchased as a money maker that had some issues.

Case was a Standard GTR that had what was diagnosed as a spun bearing (very common) that would not start, the kid picked it up for next to nothing and presented it to me with the words "here fix it"

A fuel pump later started it, knocking noise ended up being miss diagnosed by the previous GTR workshop, ended up being a flogged woodruff keyway on the crank snout that i could fix without removing the engine for under $500 including new timing belt etc.

Just as it was ready to put back on the market to sell a car load of Arabs ended up at our place trying to steal it at 4am, cameras showed they could get in quicker than i could with a key in my hand, unfortunately for them they couldn't get far as i pulled the ECU out and unplugged the CAS knowing id be targeted by thieves.

No big deal, $150 to buy a set of second hand key barrels, and she was good to go again.

My son made a nice $25K + profit on that sale.....for 2 weekends of my work.

Hang on i dont remember him even saying thank you.......
    Nice to see you are alive mate I had to make enquiries a while ago to make sure you hadnt dropped dead or your son had backed over you in the driveway or something

Premium Member
    Thanks

Enf,

Took your advice and went on a road trip to Perth...

This thing is fast, overtaking a road train @80kmh I'm doing 180+ by the time I pass it.....

Not as stable at those speeds (on our very rough roads) as the SRT8 and not as much top end, but way faster up to 240.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    those middle eastern turds have completely buggered the car auction game , gone are the days of buying a repairable car from auctions and flipping it. scum have been bidding thousands of $$$ for completely burnt out luxury cars ( which they use for rebirthing ) which they probably stole in the first place.
    You're not the only one to notice this!

Godzilla actually saved me buying a Repaired Write Off with some of his investigative work!
    Was an exotic sports car being sold rather cheap on Carsales, i showed Godz... He got back to me with photos of it in a western suburbs workshop with no motor in it
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    You're not the only one to notice this!

Godzilla actually saved me buying a Repaired Write Off with some of his investigative work!
    Was an exotic sports car being sold rather cheap on Carsales, i showed Godz... He got back to me with photos of it in a western suburbs workshop with no motor in it
    LOL was that the Maserati that was at that workshop i knew that was owned by that LA Latino over in Melbourne?

Serious character with some pretty expensive exotics brought in for quick and cheap repairs.

Our first meeting looked like something out of a LA Gang bangers movie.

Only thing missing was a automatic and some coke on the workshop office desk......

Premium Member
    Thanks

That's the one

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (13-05-18)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12