Thread: New Satellite Intall

Thanks

Cool New Satellite Intall

My fathers Satellite disk corroded - the L metal bracket that holds the LNB moved from the corrosion and broke so I bought him a new 80cm dish as I couldn't get that part separately.

Also bought him a new 11300 LNB.

Having trouble locating Intelsat 8 KU satellite as he receives Mysat subscription for the Greek channels.

I have an SF-500 satellite finder which I haven't used in many years. The settings for Intelsat 8 KU satellite are not in the default list.

I need your help if I have entered the right settings please in the Sat finder to locate the satellite with the new LNB.
    I have screenshot the screens for the fSF-500 finder - Edit Transponder, Edit Satellite sections via these dropbox links below.

Also what angle does the LNB need to be for post code 2217 (Sydney)

Thanks for your assistance!

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Out of curiosity I looked at Lyngsat but found Intelsat's 15 to 19, there was no 8 listed, been renumbered perhaps?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Intelsat 8 was replaced with Intelsat 19 in 2012.

Do you have Intelsat 19 in your meter's list?

Can you confirm which service your father subscribes to?

You've mentioned Mysat, which Lyngsat says is in transponder frequency 12646 H s/r 28066

The frequency shown in your meter pics of 12726 is for a different transponder which is PanGlobal TV

See Lyngsat IS19:

What I would suggest is checking the settings in your dad's satellite receiver for the service he watches and enter those settings in your meter.

The name of the satellite in the meter is just for convenience to identify it... it's the actual settings that count.

So, if it's Mysat channels, the frequency should be 12646.

If it's PanGlobal TV channels, the frequency should be 12726.

Both transponders are H (horizontal) with a symbol rate of 28066.

As for the LNB angle, the easiest way to explain it is if you are looking at the LNB from the front of the dish, the connector will be approx around the 5 O'clock position.

That's a starting point.... you will need to make very small adjustments to the angle whilst watching your meter signal quality scale, waiting a couple of seconds after each adjustment for your meter to 'catch up' as it's not real time reading.

You'll probably find the connector position will end up somewhere between the 5 and 6 O'clock positions when you have the highest signal quality reading.

You've only asked about the LNB skew angle... I presume you've already aligned the dish itself with elevation and azimuth?

Thanks

He definitely has Mysat and not PanGlobal
    I entered that 12726 as he has like 20 lines of these listed in the receiver settings and that was one of them. 12646 is listed also. I will change that to 12646 H s/r 28066 for the Satellite finder - Transponder settings page.

What about the Satellite settings page on the finder
    Are the Lo Freq: 11300, 22k : OFF and DiSEqC1.0: OFF - settings I have ok or do I need to change them?

No I haven't aligned the dish yet. Once I have the right settings on the finder I should be able to get it to lock in - I have a rough idea of where to point it to from his old dish I removed.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Palikary View Post
    What about the Satellite settings page on the finder
    Are the Lo Freq: 11300, 22k : OFF and DiSEqC1.0: OFF - settings I have ok or do I need to change them?
    No changes required... all look OK.

Providing the old LNB was also 11300, you won't need to change any settings in the decoder either.

Approx dish settings:
    Elevation: 47°
    Azimuth: 25°

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Palikary (21-04-18)

Thanks

Worked like a charm! With the right settings above I locked in the sat finder signal within a few minutes. Job done! 93% quality signal. Parents happy they have their shows back.... Thanks very much for your assistance!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Palikary For This Useful Post:

mtv (21-04-18)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Palikary View Post
    Worked like a charm! With the right settings above I locked in the sat finder signal within a few minutes. Job done! 93% quality signal. Parents happy they have their shows back.... Thanks very much for your assistance!
    Excellent!

Thanks for posting the outcome.

Pleased it all worked for you... and your parents.