Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can anyone recognise this Make/Manufacture of 1.2M Offset Dish

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nullb View Post

You can view all the Azure Shine dishes there, I've got a few of the 'Azure Shine 80cm Ku Offset Dish' they're really good. Trying to motorize one at the moment.
    I do like the 3 arm support your 120cm has too bad that can't be motorized with a regular motor though, wonder if any places sell the 85cm Azure Shine with the 3 arm support can't find any. Ehhh probably not worth it.
    Funny think is the rubbish cost more than the Azure Shine dishes.

I have pics of the dish in the next day or so.

Thanks

There's a lot of snake oil and markups for satellites these days I saw a SHARP LNBF go for $200. $40 from a supplier lol

Wonder how much cheaper it is to buy from Azure Shine directly I doubt they do orders for anything less than 100 units though

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

There's a lot of snake oil and markups for satellites these days I saw a SHARP LNBF go for $200. $40 from a supplier lol

Wonder how much cheaper it is to buy from Azure Shine directly I doubt they do orders for anything less than 100 units though
    Geeeeee I like the 1.5 and the 1.8M Azure Shine offset dishes. Wonder if the 1.8M Azure shine is available in Australia?
    Yes the SHARP LNBF goes for around $55 on ebay
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 30-04-18 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks

Not sure, maybe we could do a group buy sometime directly from them. It's probably really cheap.
    They also seem to make their own LNBFs which look cool, wonder if one of their 180cm or 240cm could be good for c-band reception.

Thanks

Ex factory the minimum order quantity is a full 20FT container. Nowadays it'll takes years to sell and so nobody is game enough bring them in anymore. Whatever is out there is probably 5 to 10 years old. You'll find some who have a few in stock want big bucks for it, other who want to get out of the dish business will sell cheap.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaap View Post
    Still say the dish on the left in the first picture is identical to the old austar dishes here in tasie,very solid,ive got about 4 left,if any one wants them your welcome but you have to pick them up or arrange your own freight
    Certainly similar to the Austar installed 1.2m x 1.3m elliptic I have here.
    Definitely high quality strong mount & general construction.
    Was installed a long time ago.
    Spot the differences.

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

irritant (01-05-18),Mr 672A (30-04-18)

Thanks

Damn that's held up nicely :O Too bad they don't give out anything near that good any more but to be fair the small plastic crap Foxtel dish seems to do well enough here in Melb.

@B52 Yeah I thought so, my friend imports from TW a bit I might see if he can fit some in a container for me one day, I wouldn't mind one of their 120cm Ku dishes but I don't really want to spend $200+ right now.
    The 1.8m looks great for C-Band as well.
    Last edited by nullb; 30-04-18 at 04:37 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Were the 'A' or 'B' series Satellites still in use when that dish was installed or even Sputnik Mk1?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Yes our both 1.2m dishs have 6 bolt not 5 from the dish to the collar/ring plus the "T" bar is thicker stronger and the LNB support is straight not bent like yours. These dishes would last a 100 years and put up with 100 MPH winds. My other 1.2M would not last 30 MPH wind (the LNB oscillate even if I fart close to the dish) . Even if you bump it the LNB shakes for 30 seconds. That's very poor and we need to find out what the manufacture of THAT dish and keep away from that rubbish.
    Now I think of replacing that 1.2 with another 1.2M Azure shine dish . I still would like to find the Azure Shine 1.5 or 1.8 Offset dish. WOW If they continually keep dropping the power I will get the 1.8M if I can get it.

Anyhow I will take some pic of the dish 2morrow as its raining now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Certainly similar to the Austar installed 1.2m x 1.3m elliptic I have here.
    Definitely high quality strong mount & general construction.
    Was installed a long time ago.
    Spot the differences.

Last edited by Mr 672A; 30-04-18 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks

If you find anywhere selling the large Shine dishes let me know

Thanks

The first photo shows SOME of our KU dishes. The most forward one is the NEW 1.8 AZURE SHINE Dish. The Bird cage behind is the same color as the dish and close to the House Bricks/. The Five dished comprise of 2 X 1.2M AZure + one SHIT 1.2M + a 85 CM + a 80 CM

The next photo shows the rear of the Azure Shine 1.2M Dish with one of the rescued native bird cages behind. Had to do a re wire as the RG 6's were to short

The next photo shows the NEW 1.2M Azure Shine dish. The Concrete foundation is like a bottle of medical tabs. All you see if the twist top. Massive concrete underneath the stones. All my job is neat as this. I take pride when I do things.

The next photo shows the REAR of the new dish. Notice the angle iron as I had to make them as they were missing in the box. The Supplier supplied them three days later. I did not want to wait 3 days so I made them.

We are carers for Native res birds. Cost a lot of $$ to do this and the State Goverment give us FU.CK ALL but charge us for doing this service. LOL what a bunch of dick heads they are.
    The resident Magpies. One of our Magpies. This one was saved from a bird of pray that destroyed the nest and killed one of the parent birds. After this the other Parent left the scene. This Magpie was only 1 week old when rescued. This Bird called "BROOP" is fully domesticated and cannot be released so it now a part of the family. Every Night "Broop" and the other domesticated magpie called "Minnie" jump into a cat carrier cage and we than go into the House so they can have fun flying around the house. After one hour of flying around the house I tap my shoulder and both go on my shoulder and I walk into the BED bedroom that house sick birds where they jump in there respective sleep cages.(winter is cold outside LOL). The funny thing is when sometime I have a shower "BROOP flys in and stops up the top of the shower then jump on top my shoulder and has a shower too.

Last edited by Mr 672A; 01-05-18 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks

Really nice setup man I wish I had the space for that, I just pulled down my 5+ dish setup in favor of single motorized 80cm one.

What LNBF are you using on those looks like that Inverto Black?

Thanks

Really nice setup man I wish I had the space for that, I just pulled down my 5+ dish setup in favor of single motorized 80cm one.

What LNBF are you using on those looks like that Inverto Black?
    They are SHARP 4 port LNBF using 1070 LO I have one using universal

Thanks

If you find anywhere selling the large Shine dishes let me know
    You'll find main Satellite suppliers in Sydney and Melbourne have them but shipping is a problem.
    To reduce the overseas shipping costs they were piled up on pallets, not individually packed,
    Last edited by B52; 01-05-18 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    You'll find main Satellite suppliers in Sydney and Melbourne have them but shipping is a problem.
    To reduce the overseas shipping costs they were piled up on pallets, not individually packed,
    I'll see if ptv has any in Melb I can just pick it up and toss it on the roof racks or get a trailer, I'm thinking one of their 1.2m or 1.8m will work well for c-band, I've got another thread asking for recommendations on that in the newbie section, can't do a 3m mesh where I am

Thanks

Can't find any of the 120cm available in Melbourne, anybody got any ideas where I can get one in Victoria?

I've got an 80cm oval shaped Azure Shine but want to upgrade to the 120cm one.

Tried PTV no luck, guy said they have none in stock and satplus in vic also none

Thanks

Can't find any of the 120cm available in Melbourne, anybody got any ideas where I can get one in Victoria?

I've got an 80cm oval shaped Azure Shine but want to upgrade to the 120cm one.

Tried PTV no luck, guy said they have none in stock and satplus in vic also none
    Melbourne Sat has another brand and it look good as it has the center ring but its Expensive and they want $500 for it. No doubt the Azure Shine 120CM dish are a good Dish.

Thanks

Yeah there's no bloody way I'm paying $500 for a what should be at most a $100 dish.
    I can get a 1.8m prime focus for less than $150 why the hell would I pay $500.

What a scam, I'll keep an eye on gumtree and such hopefully somebody eventually turfs out one that's how I got my 80cm Azure Shine for $35 delivered

Unless anybody here can think of somewhere I can get one :/

Thanks

Yeah there's no bloody way I'm paying $500 for a what should be at most a $100 dish.
    I can get a 1.8m prime focus for less than $150 why the hell would I pay $500.

What a scam, I'll keep an eye on gumtree and such hopefully somebody eventually turfs out one that's how I got my 80cm Azure Shine for $35 delivered

Unless anybody here can think of somewhere I can get one :/
    Be patient you will find one. even if you pay $50- 60 for delivery it will be ok for that size
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 11-05-18 at 02:59 PM.

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123