Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Snow skiing in Oz in November?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

In reference to what I was saying before this, I guess in a point I was (very badly I now realize) trying to make is...

I guess...just be careful of the world. You know.

I just genuinely believe Australia is one of the last greatest countries on earth.

I know from experience how good things can look and sound. Man, I've been had more times than I can count. I'm an idiot and I've had to learn the hard way so many times.

I'm just saying guys, keep your eyes peeled, you know?

It all happens so quick and stealthfully. When you look again...you're no longer in control of your own stuff and your own destiny.

Just happened to me personally so many times. And you never truly get out of it unscathed.
    Last edited by irritant; 10-05-18 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,476 Times in 1,535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mohs View Post
    Well, I am genuinely sorry you feel that way.

I know what this is about, and I am truly sorry you still feel that way about me, after all these years. In all the time I've been here, I want to let you know that, contrary to belief perhaps, I in fact admired your extreme wealth of knowledge and experience and that it was never my intention to upstage you as a satellite TV professional.

You are the best in the world at what you do. Fact. You have years of experience and nobody can ever take that away from you. You have the respect and admiration from all your peers.

Yeah, I probe and I poke and I take a dig - all in the name of discussion leading to knowledge. I love satellite TV, I went to any lengths to find out the stuff I was craving to know, that nobody else wanted to tell me. I cannot explain the frustration of being a younger person who knows there is information lying tucked away somewhere about stuff that was around before even he was, and trying to get hold of it.

Yeah, I'm an apple-cart upsetter, because if there is even 1% of doubt in my mind that in a cart of green apples, there is a red one, I want to see if it is so.

I became too obsessed. I wanted to know too badly. It ate me alive from the inside knowing I might never find out.

Well at this point, I know what happens to people like me. And, I want you to know, that I'm totally OK with it and I was always expecting it at some point. I am happy that I was able to enjoy what I experienced on Austech for the last 3 years and a bit, and it was truly a priviledge being here. When admin says there is "none quite like austech" he is absolutely spot on.

I know people like me will never last long in any social setting, and almost like a fugitive trying to evade capture, I knew it would just be a matter of time before my game is up. And I know opening my mouth now I've pretty much sealed my own fate.

And I know what happens now...You have to do what you have to do, and that's make an example out of me. And that's good, because getting rid of the trash and sending out a warning keeps Austech the place it is. If you have to use me to get the message across, then I'm happy I can be of assistance.

Before we get into the formalities of the whole thing, I just wish to do one last thing...

And that's to say thank you to all the fantastic people on here that I've had the priviledge of knowing since 2014. I've really enjoyed being here and I thank you all for everything you've ever shared with me. Guys like Enf, Hazman, Trash, Lsemmens, SS Dave, Keith, Rick, Cmangle, man just too many to mention, all of you guys who have made me laugh and lighten my day over the past several years...thank you. You guys were always better friends to me than any people I met in real life. Hell, even members of my own family.

I don't want to say I love you, you know because that's kind of gay... But, I love you, you know, in a manly sort of way.

And, all the guys like GordonS_1942, Tristen, Apsattv and OSIRUS who never hesitated to share all their wealth of knowledge and tell a story or two, I thank you all so much. Especially to Gordon, it reminded me so much of when I was a kid, and I used to sit around the campfire with the grownups, listening to their stories, instead of playing ballgames with the other naughty brats. Yeah, I became the drinks-serving boy as an "entrance fee", but those were some of the happiest times in what turned out to be a train-smash of a miserable life. I thank you for taking me back to those days.

I learnt so much from you guys. I was always into Aussie sat TV, and when I found this forum, I was like "Man, I can't believe it!" I had found a genuine place of genuine people who were proper experts in the very thing I've always wanted to know about, and it was like finding a treasure chest in a shipwreck. Such an amazing feeling. And I did. I learned so much. And words cannot express what it means.

And a special thanks to admin, for keeping this whole thing going. When you began to share some of your life experiences on here, I began to see the picture of a man who fought so much adversity to stand by what he believed in, and a man that took so many shots to keep alive something that he knows others enjoy. You genuinely never give up. Like your passionate endeavour with Linton Jr. I don't meet many people like you, but when I do, it's nothing short of inspirational. It definitely taught me to keep on believing and keep on fighting in my own life.

I love you guys man.

But just like in real life, reality caught up with me, and one cannot just immerse oneself in one's hobbies all the time, no matter how enjoyable. It took only one real-world thing to prove what a weak person I am, and now the fun is over. The proverbial single bullet that sank the ship.

I am genuinely going to miss this. I wish you all here on Austech a great future, and may it go well with all of you. Till perhaps we meet again some day.
    WOWEE, shit we get a little hot under the collar, yes some debates get heated and sometimes we dont see eye to eye, and to vent sometimes does help relieve the tension, I dont see any Admins or mods throwing you out the door here?, so rip the top off a coldie chilax and stick around, remember this is Austech not facebook, you wont find a better group for open discussions. P.S I need a Dr and if need be I will give you a cuddle
    Last edited by Rick; 10-05-18 at 09:52 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

irritant (10-05-18),Onefella (11-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,476 Times in 1,535 Posts

Now what was this topic again? oh thats right "snow skiing"
    We are currently getting a good fall on Ben Lomond Tassi

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (10-05-18),Thala Dan (11-05-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Now what was this topic again? oh thats right "snow skiing"
    We are currently getting a good fall on Ben Lomond Tassi

I only just saw the switch back road up to Ben Lomond the other day, wow how cool is that!

Last edited by ol' boy; 10-05-18 at 11:50 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

David071 (10-05-18),mtv (12-05-18),Rick (11-05-18),Thala Dan (11-05-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmangle
    ...and $100,000,000 (That's 100 BILLION)EVERY year from the US taxpayer...
    Still waiting for you to qualify your claim, cmangle.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Still waiting for you to qualify your claim, cmangle.
    Well he quoted his source, The great "Liar-in-chief" said it during a speech.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    Trolling in the Joke thread, as well.

Must be paid on a per-post basis.
    Not any more.

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234