Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snow skiing in Oz in November?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    I didn't say it was directed at you.

On the subject of religion.... "In God We Trust"... the official motto of the United States of America.

Now there's a bullshit saga for you!!!
    Actually, Dr Mohs, i believe that MTV might have been referring to the troll that resides about 12,500km NW of you.

Aaahh yes, good ol' let's bash the oil industry. I was waiting for that.
    i worked in the offshore oil and gas industry for 20 years throughout Australia, Asia, and the USA........and your experience is....?

You mean a first world country like Nigeria right? A shining example to the oil industry for sure, of how things should be done....
    And do you know which multinational oil companies developed and produced the Nigerian oil fields?

......and clearly ALL oil industry operations are like this.
    Have you driven through Louisiana lately........or viewed the tangle of leaking underwater pipelines offshore Brunei (Shell).......or gone for a relaxing boat ride on Lake Maracaibo?

Venezuela’s giant lake of endless oil is a filthy, lawless mess

“There is great governmental irresponsibility, not just from this government but from those from more than 20 to 30 years ago,” said Gustavo Carrasquel, general director of Fundacion Azul Ambientalistas, an environmental and conservation non-profit founded in 1986. “The transnationals destroyed the lake and PDVSA doesn’t have the operational capacity to control the constant oil and gas leaks.”

It is a good thing that you feel passionately about this subject.....but to make an effective difference you really should do a bit more research and try to direct your energy and passion into solutions that are realistic and attainable in what is a fairly cynical and selfish world.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

Onefella (09-05-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mohs View Post
    "But, but, but...the media...they portrayed it as such, so it must be."
    I think that's where you're having trouble. You seem to be rebelling against a very important topic just because of your distaste for "The Media".

Well if you don't trust the media, then why not educate yourself properly, by reading a few reports from real scientific institutions, that do real science, and see if your views remain the same.

Here is a list of respected scientific institutions that study climate. I hope this starts you down the path of spin-free, peer-reviewed, falsifiable, knowledge.

Somewhat knobbled by current US admin, with regard to climate change information. The data is still there, it's just hard to find.)

This is by no means an exhaustive list. There are a multitude of universities, government agencies and corporate researchers that all pretty much concur with the accepted model that the Earth's surface is heating up at a rate it has never experienced before. Yes, the Earth has experienced global warming before, but there is excellent evidence from various scientific disciplines that shows the Earth normally takes about 5000 years to warm up 4-7°C after an ice age event, and we're on track to do that in the next 100 years. This is an unprecedented event in the history of the planet and the people who have been studying this phenomenon, are 99% certain we did it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

fandtm666 (09-05-18)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

. . . . and $100,000,000 (That's 100 BILLION)EVERY year from the US taxpayer, will alter that, how?

You Oz boys wanna fork over $100,000,000 (That's 100 BILLION) EVERY year, beings your convinced " 99% certain we did it. " and AGAIN that will alter it how?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

At this time a 'Climate Change' is occurring on the 'Big Island' of Hawaii with Mt Kilawayho erupting molten Lava out of 8 if not 12 vents.
    So far the Lava has not reached the Sea where it becomes even more Climate Disruptive as when Lave mixes with Sea Water, it becomes highly acidic (Hydrochloric?) and the gas emitted is extremely hazardous to both Humans, animals and Plant life.
    Unless the whole island goes 'ballistic' and does another Krakatoa, most likely these eruptions will diminish in time like most have and will have little effect outside of the affected area.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Actually cmangle $100,000,000 is only 100 MILLION you need a few more zeroes. I think that we can all agree that the climate has changed. Whether for the better, or worse, only time will tell. We can all agree that man has had a significant impact upon this planet and all who live therein. We should also agree that we must mitigate our impact if we wish to survive on this little rock that hurtles 'round in space because other rocks like this one are few and (very) far between. Which is probably a good thing. Can you imagine how this universe would look if we could easily hop around a la Star Trek and rape and pillage other planets.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

mtv (09-05-18),Thala Dan (09-05-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmangle View Post
    . . . . and $100,000,000 (That's 100 BILLION)EVERY year from the US taxpayer, will alter that, how?
    Whaa?? Everything I've read, has said the US has had pledged 3 (that's THREE) billion towards the Green Climate Fund. (The Paris Agreement) Where the hell did you get 100 billion a year from?

The Green Climate Fund was set up to help poorer, developing countries cut their greenhouse emissions, and help them cope with the effects of global warming. Because the developed nations realised that as they were the main contributors of greenhouse emissions over the last century, it wasn't really fair that undeveloped countries suffer the consequences of western industrialisation, when they barely contributed to the problem, but are affected just as badly, if not worse, than the main contributors. The fund is helping a slew of 3rd-world countries harden for drought and rising sea-levels among many other issues. The whole world thought it was a pretty good idea. Except the good ol' US of A, who contribute 15% of the planets total global greenhouse gas emissions and historically have been the largest CO2 emitter per capita since the late 1800's.

You Oz boys wanna fork over $100,000,000 (That's 100 BILLION) EVERY year, beings your convinced " 99% certain we did it. " and AGAIN that will alter it how?
    No, but then our total population is smaller than the population of Texas, so it would hardly be fair to make us pay the same amount as a country with 13 times the population and 12 times the CO2 emissions. As it is, Australia has pledged about 200 million to the GCF which equates to just under $8 per person in Australia, to help island nations in the Pacific area. A hell of a lot more than the USA has contributed, at around $3 per person. What a bunch of miserable bastards!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (09-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    Whaa?? Everything I've read, has said the US has had pledged 3 (that's THREE) billion towards the Green Climate Fund. (The Paris Agreement) Where the hell did you get 100 billion a year from?
    You've no doubt heard of poetic licence onefella.....well this one is a more modern version of that.....it's called Troll licence.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

Onefella (09-05-18)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

As Mr Trump noted in his speech, one goal of the Paris Agreement was to raise $100bn (Ł77.7bn) a year.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

As Mr Trump noted in his speech, one goal of the Paris Agreement was to raise $100bn (Ł77.7bn) a year.

A goal... not a fact... and that figure is a total from all countries, not just the USA.

Looks like you're 'cherrypicking" figures and distorting them... just as Trump does with most things.

From the same article you've quoted and linked to, entitled:

Reality Check: What do countries spend on climate fund?

Which countries have pledged the most?

US - $3bn (Ł2.3bn)

Japan - $1.5bn (Ł1.2bn)

UK - $1.2bn (Ł931m)

France - $1bn (Ł776m)

Germany - $1bn (Ł776m)
    Please explain how you arrived at:

Quote Originally Posted by cmangle
    ...and $100,000,000 (That's 100 BILLION)EVERY year from the US taxpayer...

So much for the thread topic of Snow skiing in Oz in November?

Just another excuse for a Trump troll.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Onefella (09-05-18),Thala Dan (09-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,534 Posts

Nothing unusual for where I live in Tassie

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

mtv (09-05-18),Onefella (09-05-18),Thala Dan (09-05-18),Tiny (11-05-18)

Thanks

Just another excuse for a Trump troll.
    Trolling in the Joke thread, as well.

Must be paid on a per-post basis.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Nothing unusual for where I live in Tassie

That's a helluva good way to cool down after a heat wave

Administrator
    Thanks

There's also been snow reported falling in various alpine areas in (mainland) Australia in summer... including Christmas days.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Oh well, people like finding things out the hard way I guess.

Publications, publications, publications. It's all I ever hear. If I said it once, I've said it a thousand times, it's the stuff you don't see and hear about that will be proverbial loose bolt that sinks the entire ship.

And no, I'm not going to give up my ideas and inventions to pursue something more "attainable" and "realistic". Mine are perfectly feasible.

Nobody could answer my question, and that was "Did it work?" "Did it achieve what it set out to do?"

I got a long-winded answer about how things take time essentially, and that one cannot expect miracles.

All I can say is, thank goodness people like Bill Gates, Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla and Steve Jobs never listened to rhetoric like that.

Well, I'd love to sit and debate the problem to death further, but I've got some more problem solving and inventing to do...

Administrator
    Thanks

Publications, publications, publications. It's all I ever hear. If I said it once, I've said it a thousand times, it's the stuff you don't see and hear about that will be proverbial loose bolt that sinks the entire ship.

And no, I'm not going to give up my ideas and inventions to pursue something more "attainable" and "realistic". Mine are perfectly feasible.

Nobody could answer my question, and that was "Did it work?" "Did it achieve what it set out to do?"

I got a long-winded answer about how things take time essentially, and that one cannot expect miracles.

All I can say is, thank goodness people like Bill Gates, Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla and Steve Jobs never listened to rhetoric like that.

Well, I'd love to sit and debate the problem to death further, but I've got some more problem solving and inventing to do...
    WTF is all that about?

Perhaps you're on the wrong thread... the wrong forum... or even the wrong planet!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Onefella (09-05-18),Thala Dan (09-05-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

There's also been snow reported falling in various alpine areas in (mainland) Australia in summer... including Christmas days.
    Yep, that's... not normal.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Away you you go then mate.

Thanks

The best part of bashing your head against a brick wall, mtv, is how good it feels when you stop

Elvis has left the building.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,534 Posts

• The Following User Says Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (09-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Default Thanks Guys

WTF is all that about?

Perhaps you're on the wrong thread... the wrong forum... or even the wrong planet!
    Well, I am genuinely sorry you feel that way.

I know what this is about, and I am truly sorry you still feel that way about me, after all these years. In all the time I've been here, I want to let you know that, contrary to belief perhaps, I in fact admired your extreme wealth of knowledge and experience and that it was never my intention to upstage you as a satellite TV professional.

You are the best in the world at what you do. Fact. You have years of experience and nobody can ever take that away from you. You have the respect and admiration from all your peers.

Yeah, I probe and I poke and I take a dig - all in the name of discussion leading to knowledge. I love satellite TV, I went to any lengths to find out the stuff I was craving to know, that nobody else wanted to tell me. I cannot explain the frustration of being a younger person who knows there is information lying tucked away somewhere about stuff that was around before even he was, and trying to get hold of it.

Yeah, I'm an apple-cart upsetter, because if there is even 1% of doubt in my mind that in a cart of green apples, there is a red one, I want to see if it is so.

I became too obsessed. I wanted to know too badly. It ate me alive from the inside knowing I might never find out.

Well at this point, I know what happens to people like me. And, I want you to know, that I'm totally OK with it and I was always expecting it at some point. I am happy that I was able to enjoy what I experienced on Austech for the last 3 years and a bit, and it was truly a priviledge being here. When admin says there is "none quite like austech" he is absolutely spot on.

I know people like me will never last long in any social setting, and almost like a fugitive trying to evade capture, I knew it would just be a matter of time before my game is up. And I know opening my mouth now I've pretty much sealed my own fate.

And I know what happens now...You have to do what you have to do, and that's make an example out of me. And that's good, because getting rid of the trash and sending out a warning keeps Austech the place it is. If you have to use me to get the message across, then I'm happy I can be of assistance.

Before we get into the formalities of the whole thing, I just wish to do one last thing...

And that's to say thank you to all the fantastic people on here that I've had the priviledge of knowing since 2014. I've really enjoyed being here and I thank you all for everything you've ever shared with me. Guys like Enf, Hazman, Trash, Lsemmens, SS Dave, Keith, Rick, Cmangle, man just too many to mention, all of you guys who have made me laugh and lighten my day over the past several years...thank you. You guys were always better friends to me than any people I met in real life. Hell, even members of my own family.

I don't want to say I love you, you know because that's kind of gay... But, I love you, you know, in a manly sort of way.

And, all the guys like GordonS_1942, Tristen, Apsattv and OSIRUS who never hesitated to share all their wealth of knowledge and tell a story or two, I thank you all so much. Especially to Gordon, it reminded me so much of when I was a kid, and I used to sit around the campfire with the grownups, listening to their stories, instead of playing ballgames with the other naughty brats. Yeah, I became the drinks-serving boy as an "entrance fee", but those were some of the happiest times in what turned out to be a train-smash of a miserable life. I thank you for taking me back to those days.

I learnt so much from you guys. I was always into Aussie sat TV, and when I found this forum, I was like "Man, I can't believe it!" I had found a genuine place of genuine people who were proper experts in the very thing I've always wanted to know about, and it was like finding a treasure chest in a shipwreck. Such an amazing feeling. And I did. I learned so much. And words cannot express what it means.

And a special thanks to admin, for keeping this whole thing going. When you began to share some of your life experiences on here, I began to see the picture of a man who fought so much adversity to stand by what he believed in, and a man that took so many shots to keep alive something that he knows others enjoy. You genuinely never give up. Like your passionate endeavour with Linton Jr. I don't meet many people like you, but when I do, it's nothing short of inspirational. It definitely taught me to keep on believing and keep on fighting in my own life.

I love you guys man.

But just like in real life, reality caught up with me, and one cannot just immerse oneself in one's hobbies all the time, no matter how enjoyable. It took only one real-world thing to prove what a weak person I am, and now the fun is over. The proverbial single bullet that sank the ship.

I am genuinely going to miss this. I wish you all here on Austech a great future, and may it go well with all of you. Till perhaps we meet again some day.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (11-05-18),Rick (10-05-18)

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast