Thread: Bosch Sol 16+ Affects PSTN Home Phone Incoming Call?

Thanks

Default Bosch Sol 16+ Affects PSTN Home Phone Incoming Call?

Need help please .....

Have a Bosch Sol 16+ alarm (installed late 2012) that has sends alerts to myalarm.com.au using my PSTN phone line.

Over the last 2 weeks, my home line would intermittently ring once (when an incoming call comes in) and stops ringing. The caller would hear static sometimes and once I tested myself and could hear like a fax machine screech. There is no fax in my house. Some days, the phone has no problems with incoming calls. So I logged a fault report with Telstra.

The Telstra technician came yesterday and did his tests and isolated the PSTN line to the alarm. He removed the filter that was connected and tested the line and the cable is ok apparently. With the filter the line was also ok. For now, he disconnected the alarm to the phone line. Incoming phone calls are working now. Tested again this morning and the home line is working fine. Will continue to test all week.

So his diagnosis is that the alarm must be the cause.

Questions:
    1. Is there anyway to test the alarm panel and fix this (assuming it is the alarm)?
    2. Do I cut my losses now and look at upgrading to a Solution 6000 with IP/Wifi kits?
    3. Any other alternatives?

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

From what you've described, it sounds like the alarm panel is picking up the phone line thinking someone is trying to remote dial into it. This is the fax type tone you can hear. Why it would randomly start doing this is a bit weird. My advice would be to get a tech out to check the programming and get them to disable the option that picks up the incoming call.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdRock View Post
    From what you've described, it sounds like the alarm panel is picking up the phone line thinking someone is trying to remote dial into it. This is the fax type tone you can hear. Why it would randomly start doing this is a bit weird. My advice would be to get a tech out to check the programming and get them to disable the option that picks up the incoming call.
    The only change was the backup battery was changed in March. I will speak to my alarm supplier ext. Thanks

Thanks

While I wait for a service call, I checked the settings in my Sol 16+ panel and the only option I could find is in menu 5-3-4 and "Answer Incoming Call Only If Armed" is not set ie. set to N or unticked.

Any pointers on what the setting could be AdRock? Cheers

Thanks

If could be the dialler on the panel has a fault. Sometimes this can happen after a lightning storm or voltage surge.
    Check 5-3-3 Ring Count
    5-3-4 Answer bypass can sometimes be an issue.
    But if no programming been changed, then I'd suspect faulty panel dialler.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    If could be the dialler on the panel has a fault. Sometimes this can happen after a lightning storm or voltage surge.
    Check 5-3-3 Ring Count
    5-3-4 Answer bypass can sometimes be an issue.
    But if no programming been changed, then I'd suspect faulty panel dialler.
    Thanks secure - 5-3-3 has ring count set to 20-20 and no programming was changed. So panel dialler is cutting in when an incoming phone call is received? I thought the dialler is in play when there is an alarm alert/incident.

Anyway, got some quotes this morning to upgrade to Sol 6000 with IP module. Thanks