Thread: Navman not recognised after failing to instal iGO8

Thanks

Default Navman not recognised after failing to instal iGO8

Hi,
    Anyone knows how to fix this problem?
    I tried to instal iGO8 to my Navman MY60T following the below steps but it didn't work. My Navman is not recognised by my computer (Windows 10) and cannot go back to Navman software.
    My navman now start with GPS calibration setting then gives error message - "programme application data base cannot be found" It stuck with the screen and don't move. Computer doesn't recognise it and I cannot go back.

Find the folder called Program files in the flash disk.
    Inside this is a folder called Navman which in turn contains another folder called SmartST_CE and an application called AppStartupSec.exe
    Delete the contents of SmartST_CE and replace them with the contents of the Igo folder ie content. licence, data zip etc ( In my case I used Igo 8.3.2.79297) ie the Igo folder is now called SmartST_CE. (or you could simply rename the Igo folder to SmartST_CE)
    Rename Igo.exe to SmartST_CE.exe
    Delete all the rest of the Navman crap to free up space (You might want to do this first)
    You should now have the following structure on the flash disk.
    Program files / Navman / SmartST_CE (plus AppStartupSec.exe) / (Igo files)
    The device will now boot straight into Igo after the initial splash screen.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kimssine View Post
    Hi,
    Anyone knows how to fix this problem?
    I tried to instal iGO8 to my Navman MY60T following the below steps but it didn't work. My Navman is not recognised by my computer (Windows 10) and cannot go back to Navman software.
    My navman now start with GPS calibration setting then gives error message - "programme application data base cannot be found" It stuck with the screen and don't move. Computer doesn't recognise it and I cannot go back.

Find the folder called Program files in the flash disk.
    Inside this is a folder called Navman which in turn contains another folder called SmartST_CE and an application called AppStartupSec.exe
    Delete the contents of SmartST_CE and replace them with the contents of the Igo folder ie content. licence, data zip etc ( In my case I used Igo 8.3.2.79297) ie the Igo folder is now called SmartST_CE. (or you could simply rename the Igo folder to SmartST_CE)
    Rename Igo.exe to SmartST_CE.exe
    Delete all the rest of the Navman crap to free up space (You might want to do this first)
    You should now have the following structure on the flash disk.
    Program files / Navman / SmartST_CE (plus AppStartupSec.exe) / (Igo files)
    The device will now boot straight into Igo after the initial splash screen.
    I had the same issue with my Navman MY80T... I attempted to install iGO8 as well, and then could not get it to work anymore, with error message of programme application data base cannot be found... found these guys at navpro on google and they fixed it for me, send them an inquiry at
    They are good, and brought my Navman back to life, and installed the latest maps with iGo for me.

Thanks

Hi Jasonmotec, Thanks for the reply. I've sent a message to navpro yesterday. Hopely, they could give me some idea how to fix the problem. I will post the result once I receive their message.

Thanks

I've now received their reply. Apparently, they have the software to restore these GPS units. They charge $30 to restore the GPS unit and then install any software or maps as requested. FYI.

Thanks

Since my last posting, I organised a remote (online) session with NavPro but they couldn't fix it. Thus, I had to post my navigation unit to them but they were still unable to fix it. They asked if I have renamed or deleted "AppStartupSec.exe" and, if this file is tempered with... it makes it impossible to access and repair the Navman, and the only way to get it working again is to replace the motherboard on the Navman. I don't think I've done anything with "AppStartupSec.exe" as per the steps I've taken. However, I understood there was no more hope for fixing the unit and advised them to discard it - if cannot fix it. I now have purchased a cheap Chinese GPS unit - it actually cheaper than the fees and postage wasted. No further message received from NavPro. If the same thing happens again, will I consider to use their service? You guess.
    Last edited by kimssine; 15-06-18 at 12:57 PM.