Thread: Foxtel IQhd and a universal LNB

Thanks

Default Foxtel IQhd and a universal LNB

Hi, I am trying to get my Foxtel IQhd working with a universal LNB and having some problems. The hidden LNB config menu allows you to configure a universal LNB (low band LOF 9.75, high band LOF 10.60, LNB Power on, 22KHz on) but this doesn't seem to work - F100 no satellite signal is being received. I am pretty confident the dish allignment and LNB skew is good, signal maxed using an inline sat meter, and dish pointing where everyone else is.
    Question: should it in theory be possible to get this config to work? I hope so because I am currently travelling (in Woomera and heading north) with little or no possibility of purchasing a 10700 LNB before probably the Alice.
    Suggestions appreciated.
    MD.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

LNB's used for Foxtel iQHD must be dual output with both outputs connected to inputs 1 & 2 on the decoder.

What make and model of LNB are you using? (a pic would be good).

What is the LNB skew position?

Make/model of sat meter you're using?

Thanks

Hi mtv, the LNB is a STGold single input Universal LNB. I was under the impression that while a dual output LNB was preferable for off-channel recording, I should still be able to find my home transponder (12438,H, 27800,3/4) on input 1. If this is not the case then I do have a splitter with me and could connect the LNB to inputs 1 and 2 if this would help.
    The skew is at 7pm as seen from the front of the dish, the sat meter is a simple SF-95. I have photos on the phone but not sure how to attach them.
    Thanks,
    MD.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

iQ decoders expect to see both horizontal and vertical transponders as part of the self-test, so they often won't work at all unless they receive signals at both inputs.

This is not just for recording, but reception/tuning in general.

iQ boxes work very differently to SD Foxtel boxes and VAST decoders.

A splitter will not likely work, as only one polarity voltage can be passed at any given time, as above, the tuner/s need to be able to operate independently with both horizontal and vertical signals.

If your satellite meter is just the moving needle type, it will also indicate signal from any satellite, as it has no way of knowing which satellite you may be pointing your dish at, or which transponder.

You really need a meter that is programmed for specific transponder frequencies and has a signal quality display in addition to signal strength.

You can upload pics to any file-sharing site, such as mega.nz and post a link, but it sounds like your LNB skew is approximately OK.