Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speeding Traffic Infringement Notice (4km over) Victoria ... MOBILE CAMERA AT NIGHT !

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by checkitout View Post
    The picture is down low ...and it is pitch dark, obviously mobile - given the very low tolerances here there is also suspicion with calibration of equipment as well - how about given a factor off for that ?

I am not disputing that I will have gone over the limit, with tolerances this tight it is very easy to go over.

If I was driving significantly over and what is truly a danger to myself and others I would not post. I sense this is simply revenue raising here by contractors and the government here.
    Good luck fighting the system.

Last time i heard anyone that had any luck with that was a policewoman driving a calibrated police car under a fixed speed camera and being booked and swearing in court that she was not speeding. (story went something along these lines if memory serves me correctly)

Hundreds of fines that the general public paid (and in some cases tried to fight in court and lost) all had to be returned........

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

enf (20-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    If the pic was taken from up high then its from a fixed speed camera, down low, mobile.

You can request a pardon if less than 10 over and no other recent speeding history.

Yes it does work, they do pardon drivers.....
    Some nicely worded bullshit and if you have been a good boy for 5 years or more you can get off, i did this for a fine i got in Jan this year .

• The Following User Says Thank You to loanrangiel For This Useful Post:

checkitout (02-07-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

After requesting a formal review and sending a politely worded letter, I have been given a warning in lieu of a fine and demerit points.

I appreciate there is no excuse for speeding offences anytime however there has to be some common sense and recognition where applicable to make exceptions as they have done here.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to checkitout For This Useful Post:

carjackma (03-07-18),Godzilla (03-07-18),joezep (03-07-18),lsemmens (03-07-18),Tiny (03-07-18),VroomVroom (03-07-18)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12