Thread: Speeding Traffic Infringement Notice (4km over) Victoria ... MOBILE CAMERA AT NIGHT !

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Speeding Traffic Infringement Notice (4km over) Victoria ... MOBILE CAMERA AT NIGHT !

Last week I received a Speeding Traffic Infringement Notice in the mail ...in a 100km/hr section of road ...clocked at 108 kms booked at 104 kms - 1 demerit point $198 fine.

The "location" is stated in an area with dual carriageway approximately 5 km in length... described as "between X and Y roads" - this section of road has no where one can stop and place a fixed camera (even in a car) without seriously obstructing main traffic flows

Downloaded the picture and notice that it was taken at 6.38 pm at night... totally pitch black, my number plates just discernible.

I am curious as to how this speed could have been recorded and with a picture taken...

Obviously this is disappointing for me, I am not disputing that I may have gone over the limit and that is against road rules, of course this was not intentional, it may have been possible that I was overtaking another car that was locking me out of being able to get into the left lane... including possibly being tail gated by someone behind me at the same time.

Thoughts anyone?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to checkitout For This Useful Post:

Rick (16-05-18),VroomVroom (17-05-18)

3. Look Here ->