Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Day - Another Mass School Shooting In USA

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

The other day i was looking at a slide show about the most dangerous cities in the world in terms of murders per population.

The usual culprits, Mexico, Brazil etc, but the eye opener was when around 3 American cities made it to the top 10.......and im thinking wow, so much for a civilized society......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    The other day i was looking at a slide show about the most dangerous cities in the world in terms of murders per population.

The usual culprits, Mexico, Brazil etc, but the eye opener was when around 3 American cities made it to the top 10.......and im thinking wow, so much for a civilized society......
    You'll find them kind of figures when you get your information off facebook.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Between this MASS SHOOTING and the last the USA had around 434 deaths on the road so what another 8 by the gun
    Road deaths are usually not intentional.

I hope you're not saying murdering innocent children is acceptable to you.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,095 Times in 9,097 Posts

Stats can be found for anything....

The top 100 school massacres by death has the US at 38% of cases. Land of the free, home of the brave.

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

you know the right to bare arms is protected under the Merican Constitution, 2nd Amendment, I am sure we all know this......is the right to own bullets also included????? Maybe a loophole??

BAN BULLETS
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

enf (20-05-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    you know the right to bare arms is protected under the Merican Constitution, 2nd Amendment, I am sure we all know this......is the right to own bullets also included????? Maybe a loophole??

BAN BULLETS
    Been suggested before, even here....trouble is it won't happen as the arguments by the lobbyists will be the same.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Road deaths are usually not intentional.

I hope you're not saying murdering innocent children is acceptable to you.
    What about the Murdering parents that kill there kids because they are drunk at home or driving or on drugs at home or driving. The Kids are innocent there too or is this different from a gun. In my eyes DEATH is DEATH. I like to know how many die from Professional Negligence from Medical, Drunk, Drugs compare that to Guns relate deaths. Yes kids also die with this too.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (20-05-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

None of that makes it OK.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

enf (20-05-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

All of those stats still make the Americas the most unsafe place in the world. Yes, innocent people are killed by all sorts of means out of their control, however that does not mitigate gun violence which can be controlled. Cars are constantly being made safer, but that does not prevent idiots killing people with them.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    All of those stats still make the Americas the most unsafe place in the world. Yes, innocent people are killed by all sorts of means out of their control, however that does not mitigate gun violence which can be controlled. Cars are constantly being made safer, but that does not prevent idiots killing people with them.
    Not in 'merica, that boat sailed over a century ago

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

enf (21-05-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Words f*cking fail me...........honestly, with this level of dumb political rationalisation there's no chance....

And the new president of the NRA is Oliver North FFS......bwahahahah......

Thanks

I think it's funny that they have blamed doors, games, starting times for school, mental health, society, social media, abortion, oh - God wanted them for a greater purpose and Guns were definitely not to blame............Guns were definitely not to blame

f
    Last edited by freakee1; 21-05-18 at 04:53 PM. Reason: just keep adding reasons :(
    有段者

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freakee1 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-05-18),enf (21-05-18),lsemmens (22-05-18),Onefella (22-05-18)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    None of that makes it OK.
    Yes I know but unfortunately Death is Death regarding how old the human is. I sick and tried that older you get you life has left value.

Yes you hear all the time everywhere in Australia that when ANY ACCIDENT happen when a Human dies they always say "EXAMPLE" 5 people died today during a car accident and two where children. Why are Children different or special for us older Humans?.
    I only commented about this the other day to my solicitor friend and he laughed and said something like (could have forgotten it) "Death by pro rata" He said Australia is one of the only countries in the World that when "A" older person kills a child around 10 to 16 years old he (woman gets less) he get life in jail multiplied by 2 but when a child with a age of 10 to 16 kills a old man he is lucky to get 6 years in jail and after this they the system changes his name. Its Bullshit murder is murder regarding what the sex and how old you are.
    I wont tell you how a Child can commit murder on a older person and get away with it.OOOOOH it wrong but unfortunately the child get told to say this if you want less on you sentence.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freakee1 View Post
    I think it's funny that they have blamed doors, games, starting times for school, mental health, society, social media, abortion, oh - God wanted them for a greater purpose and Guns were definitely not to blame............Guns were definitely not to blame
    Agreed.................BUT.................easy access to guns is the main reason in this particular school shooting IMHO

If the shooters father kept the guns in a secure/locked gun safe, as is mandatory here in AU, then the kid would not have had easy access unless he stole the key

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Agreed.................BUT.................easy access to guns is the main reason in this particular school shooting IMHO

If the shooters father kept the guns in a secure/locked gun safe, as is mandatory here in AU, then the kid would not have had easy access unless he stole the key
    We aren't much better here. The only difference being far less guns out there due to Howard's buy back.

I know several people with them that should not have them. One has been caught out on 2 police visits : 1. Failure to have guns in gun safe , he got a warning. 2. Having a sawn off unregistered air rifle not in a gun safe , amazingly, another warning. Currently on a suspended sentence with numerous outstanding warrants for not paying fines.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

You forget, alphaOne it's not the gun's fault. You can't lock up an innocent gun because it might be used to kill someone, what about its rights?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12