Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C Band Interference

Thanks

I moved my C BAND coax to the other input (it's dual), and the noise problem has gone! But I am still not impressed with the signal levels. My new CBAND LNBF i hope will arrive next week and I will have it installed and re-tuned. Hope it makes a difference. So it seems it was the LNBF after all.

Thanks

Very interesting! Glad that's worked out for you, have you got a few loops in your coax where it comes off the dish to help with interference and weather? I hear that's good practice

Thanks

There also a few other possabilities.

5g mobile phone. The future curse of C band satellite, the telcos have been given the 3.5 to 3.7 GHz band.
    Alication.

I see a simalur effect my end and I know it’s not LNB generated as I have two seperate LNBs connected to a orthofeed and the spikes appear on both pol. I have a promax analog spectrum and can actually move the dish and see the spikes peak as I point north.

Radar interference appears on the spectrum as a pulsing signal.

You may be picking up some spurious signal from an alarm or other device local.
    Last edited by cmoore; 02-06-18 at 12:56 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

As a thought, would it be worth putting a 'Dummy Load' on the unused output of the LNB when only one of a dual is connected?
    My only experience with a lack of performance with a Ku band brand new dual output LNB was that one connection seemed to produce a better result than the other.

This was purely based on the image on the TV screen as we had no testing equipment other than a little signal meter.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

My new CBand LNBF arrived and has been installed. (Titanium C1W-PLL single output).

I do see an slight improvement. Generally I am getting a few TP's I didn't before, and ones that were on the border seem more stable.
    There are some TP's that I can now tune (that never showed up before) but still arn't strong enough. I guess you have to accept what you get due to dish size and location!

I am happy with the slight improvement. Sorry I don't have any technical before/after data.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12