Thread: Belong Mobile

Thanks

Default Belong Mobile

Joined Belong Mobile the other day i lasted 2days couldnt get a signal inside, even when i went outside i kept moving around, signal kept coming and going i sent them emails etc didnt get an answer, i also said what about the initial $10 i paid for the sim card, still havnt heard from them !!! belong uses the Telstra Network dont understand why no signal.

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HILLVIEW103 View Post
    belong uses the Telstra Network dont understand why no signal.
    They use the Telstra wholesale network, which has different (less) coverage than the full Telstra network.

There is another thread (about Woolworths Mobile) where the same is being discussed.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

If you can I would go back to where you purchased the SIM card and see if they know anything about the service but if its online or just some sort of 'On Seller' like a Servo, they most likely wont be much use.
    Failing that ask for a refund because its obviously not able to able to work as advertised.

Double check your Mobile can receive all the frequencies available on the Telstra network and what is used in your area.
    It is possible your Mobile may work in a limited area like a Towns CBD but not cant reach out a Kilometre or 2.
    4G was like this in my Main Town, good signal outdoors but almost nothing the main shopping centre building nor could it reach past a few hundred metres from where the Tower is.
    I have a 4G device bought a few years ago that cant receive the 700 Mhz frequency now being used for some Rural 4G areas
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 02-06-18 at 11:47 AM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    If you can I would go back to where you purchased the SIM card and see if they know anything about the service but if its online or just some sort of 'On Seller' like a Servo, they most likely wont be much use.
    Failing that ask for a refund because its obviously not able to able to work as advertised.

Double check your Mobile can receive all the frequencies available on the Telstra network and what is used in your area.
    It is possible your Mobile may work in a limited area like a Towns CBD but not cant reach out a Kilometre or 2.
    4G was like this in my Main Town, good signal outdoors but almost nothing the main shopping centre building nor could it reach past a few hundred metres from where the Tower is.
    I have a 4G device bought a few years ago that cant receive the 700 Mhz frequency now being used for some Rural 4G areas

thanks Gordon, yeah sim card was from a deli over here its not worth the hassle, so now im back with Amaysim who use Optus and i get good coverage. I was going to give Boost Mobile a shot

but they want $10 for just 10 days, Amaysim is $10 for 28 days unlimited talk and text 1 Gb data.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I have looked at that one but Optus here at home is not reliable so I am stuck with Telstra.
    My Aldi is close with 1.5GB of Data, 30 Days of unlimited Talk and Text for $15....
    So I get .5GB and 2 days for the extra $5...............maybe someone can break those numbers down to see which of the 2 is the better but I think it will be so close as not to poke holes in.

What shits me is that until recently I was paying 12 cents a minute from a Mobile and $1 a minute from a Landline to a Mobile and now its BUCK SHEEE.....................I have cut around $40 off my Landline bill making me $10 a month better off even with 2 X $15 SIM cards............
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

hehe....woolies...
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS