Thread: TomTom One 3rd edition - Please enter your Password

Thanks

Default TomTom One 3rd edition - Please enter your Password

I picked up a TT One 3rd edition at a junk sale for $2.

The device did not boot and I initially thought that it was a dead battery. I had tried holding in the power button for 60 secs and had tried pressing the reset button. So I opened up the device but found that the battery voltage was OK. However, once I had reassembled the TT One, it now booted....with hindsight, I guess I should have held in the reset button for 20 seconds.

Anyway, I'm now getting a "please enter your password" screen.

Its a good few years since I was experimenting with TomTom satnavs and have forgotten what I had learnt from the Austech forum.

I noticed that there are also now very few Austech posts for satnav devices probably because everybody now uses smartphones and the mapping is free (although Austech is the best forum for modding ex-commercial radio equipment onto the ham bands!!!).

Anyway I was wondering if anybody knows what is the best way to remove the password from the TomTom One 3rd edition?

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

UPDATE: There are official instructions on TT website to "restore" device which also removes the password. Basically install TT Home then Backup just maps..then Remove applications/voices/quickGPS...then Format the device...then Reinstall Navcore which is done automatically by TT Home...then keep checking for updates..then Restore Maps.

It took a few goes...I originally backed up everything which included the password so I still got the password screen!!...then the maps then were not recognised...but I think I just needed to make sure ALL possible updates were installed...it eventually worked

• The Following User Says Thank You to jmwtzl For This Useful Post:

tristen (02-06-18)