Thread: Hills Reliance R8 - Zone Tamper Alarms on LCD Display

Thanks

Default Hills Reliance R8 - Zone Tamper Alarms on LCD Display

Hi all

I replaced my old DAS DL-150 alarm system with a Hills Reliance R8 system last weekend. Its pretty much working now but I have one issue which is more of a pain in the arse than a show-stopper.

The 2 x keypads are the Hills LCD model. There are 6 x inputs - 5 x PIRs and 2 x door switches in series. Z1 is the door switches, Z2 is non doubled PIR. Z3/Z5 and Z4/Z8 are doubled PIRs.

Z1 have Z2 have 3.3k EOL resistors fitted. The PIRs for zone 3 and 4 each have a 3.74k EOL fitted and the PIRs for zone 7 and 8 have 6.98k EOL resistors.

The PIRs are Bosch Blueline Gen 2. They are wired like this: wire1---------pirNC1---pirNC2-------Resistor-------tamperNC1---tamperNC2 ------------wire2

Now every time one of the inputs trips when the system is disarmed, the LCD display shows "Service Required Press *2 For Help" . The keypads used to beep when the inputs tripped also, but I was able to turn that off in the programming. Any of the 5 x PIRs and either of the 2 x door switches, when tripped, will cause a zone tamper message to come up. Pressing *7 clears the error message, but that is only temp of course.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

Thanks

Pete
    Last edited by big_pierre; 02-06-18 at 01:37 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Did you enable zone doubling or dual end of line? Dual end of line will be doing the tamper. You need zone doubling.
    Zone doubling is across all zones so zn1 and 2 will need the 3.74 as well.

Thanks

Default Fixed

Thanks Secure

You hit the nail on the head. I had both Zone Doubling and Dual EOL turned on. I turned off dual EOL and problem solved

Cheers