Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Actuator dead

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joezep View Post
    Thought I was on a winner for you nullb, oh well keep searching and good luck mate
    Haha no worries man, yeah it sucks when these stores don't update their sites. PTV has got me a few times I saw they had 120cm dishes and got all excited. "We haven't stocked those in 5+ years" :'(

Thanks for the recommendations guys I might try call one or two but the shipping will probably be a nightmare, I might just settle on a 24" since I wont be tracking the entire arch.

I'm actually having to do a 2.3m in the back and a 1.8m on the roof near the front to get everything, so I think a 24" should be enough. Bonus there's a seller around the corner from me.

Too bad nobody stocks 36" properly any more honestly, or even H-H motors for above 120cm. I looked at those, look like total beasts but $500 inc shipping from UK. No thanks lol

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I only ever used a 24"when I had my C band dish setup and used to get the entire arc. Just get one off ebay.

Leroy

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (13-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    I only ever used a 24"when I had my C band dish setup and used to get the entire arc. Just get one off ebay.

Leroy
    Yeah that's my plan, ordered the positioner on Friday so might get it Monday, then I'll go get a 24" dish went up today.
    Boy that was an effort, still need to put two stays into my roof. Cable tied the LNBF onto the poles and getting a signal on AS5 so guess I did something right.

• The Following User Says Thank You to nullb For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (11-06-18)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post

Leroy
    You must have the Pivot close to the middle of the dish. By doing this you increase the loading of the Actuator and can break it.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Mr 672A, although badly worded, that was the point I was trying to make.
    A 36 inch would be stronger and more robustly constructed to handle a larger dish which now equals heavier and has a larger surface area to control than what a 26 inch actuator is designed to handle.
    Yes you are not the only person that reads thing the wrong way. I do it all the time. Most of 3.7 to 4.5 Dishes need to use HD 36 inch jacks as they have to be connected further out from the center of the dish to give the Jack leverage thise it uses more counts to travel per inch. I use to use 48 inch Jack for my Parraclipse 4.2M dish and I could only get from Asiasat 5 @100 deg E to intelsat 180 deg E and that it.

Thanks

What thickness of wire are you lot using to power the motor? I've heard people stupidly using data cable... I didn't save the cable from last time but I think I used alarm wire or lighting cable for the power and something else for signal.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Trailer cable is good for the purpose.

It has more than adequate current capacity, is flexible and readily available.

Thanks

Just settled on some UV protected 5 core trailer wire off ebay and picking up a 26" superjack actuator, they aren't very high quality but it should be good enough.
    Nobody stocks anything else in AUS any more anyway, sucks and I'm not paying $100 in shipping for an actuator.
    Last edited by nullb; 12-06-18 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nullb View Post
    What thickness of wire are you lot using to power the motor? I've heard people stupidly using data cable... I didn't save the cable from last time but I think I used alarm wire or lighting cable for the power and something else for signal.
    I used a Orange 4 core 2.5MM sq cable (got it for nothing) yes it is 45M long from the sat TV room controller to the dish farm motor.

Thanks

Just settled on some UV protected 5 core trailer wire off ebay and picking up a 26" superjack actuator, they aren't very high quality but it should be good enough.
    Nobody stocks anything else in AUS any more anyway, sucks and I'm not paying $100 in shipping for an actuator.
    Tried yesterday to get a 36 inch actuator in Australia and I say NO LUCK. Tell me when can you get a 36 inch HD actuator with $100 shipping cost. I want to have a Spare and even will pay $100 + Cost of the actuator to get it here. Whats the price of the Actuator itself?

Thanks

Very very expensive, we only get the knock off crap from China here i.e. SuperPowerJack, if you pop the plastic motor protector off you'll see the motor is actually half the length of a proper motor to mimic these ones.

They even have 48"

Thanks

Very very expensive, we only get the knock off crap from China here i.e. SuperPowerJack, if you pop the plastic motor protector off you'll see the motor is actually half the length of a proper motor to mimic these ones.

They even have 48"
    look like I will get away with a 24 inch one. Did the maths today. Yes Like to keeps spares of everything, well just about everything. My actuator on my 2.3m dish has done a lot of work, maybe its the reason why its still working. I have re-painted it twice and still look extremely good + I lubricate the bushes on the dish every month so its moves easily.
    I do auto scan and it hops from Sat to sat and also from fixed dish to fixed dish. takes about 1 and a half hour to do.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 13-06-18 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    look like I will get away with a 24 inch one. Did the maths today. Yes Like to keeps spares of everything, well just about everything. My actuator on my 2.3m dish has done a lot of work, maybe its the reason why its still working. I have re-painted it twice and still look extremely good + I lubricate the bushes on the dish every month so its moves easily.
    I do auto scan and it hops from Sat to sat and also from fixed dish to fixed dish. takes about 1 and a half hour to do.
    Well I got the 24 inch one and is the same as the one I had on my dish for 8 years although different brand. I blame the stroke for making me think that I had a 36 inch one because this one is very slighly different but has the same outside diameter and the same size of the motor and at the same time the length of the barrel is about 25MM less than the old one so work that out.

Thanks

just get one from ebay

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syaugi View Post
    just get one from ebay
    Thank you my friend.
    I got it about 4 weeks ago and it in my spares room. All I need to do now is buy a Spare VBox 2 and that it. I have spare LNB's for Ku either Universal and 10700, I have a spare cband LNB that has 4 ports but I'm not happy with it as it does not preform and I need a 4 port one, and I have a spare Spaun Multi switch. I like having spare but some time I have Spare for spares LOL,LOL,LOL. I was going to buy a Spare or better still another Ultimo 4k just to test Different Cams but now since the GST has arrive I wont.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syaugi View Post
    just get one from ebay
    Yes I purchased one from the same seller.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I have a never used positioner made by Technosat still in the box.

DISEqc 1.2 Positioner DP-200

$5 plus postage (between $10~20) a good home, PM me if anyone wants it.
    No offers or bids, first pm gets it.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I have a never used positioner made by Technosat still in the box.

DISEqc 1.2 Positioner DP-200

$5 plus postage (between $10~20) a good home, PM me if anyone wants it.
    No offers or bids, first pm gets it.
    Thanks for the offer but I try to keep the exact unit so everything in quickly interchangeable.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12