Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Default Sky News Business Channel coming to Nine speculation

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pheggie For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (05-06-18)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Since the revamp of SkyNews on Foxtel Friday 27th of May, Foxtel business is already a stand alone channel.

WIN (Bruce Gordon) holds the license for TEN over a large area of Regional Australia East of the WA border line.
    NINE is a separate entity again which makes it interesting.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

pheggie (05-06-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

I am sure I saw this 'Money Channel' in a printed guide being advertised as 'Coming Soon'............

'Your' Money coming soon to ch95' and it was the Online TV guide for Sydney, not a printed one as I said above.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 27-09-18 at 01:27 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Should be a very informative channel...about time they change hands from those TV informercial channels..

Premium Member

Thanks

The Infomercial channels are there purely to convince you to buy whatever is the flavour of the Month but at least you will have 'something' for your Money if you do.
    This Financial Advisory channel is to me rather like betting on a Race meeting.
    I have to say my only experience in Matters Financial was when I had a whole 330 NRMA shares given to me when the Company 'Paid me out' that time and over a few years watched as they gained and lost a few cents but basically sat flat to their issued value.
    I think they paid out about $40 in Dividends each year, a sum that was hardly life changing.

I also watched the Superannuation Roll Over Fund I was in and saw it barely earning enough to cover the (fortunately regulated) Management Fees for several years.
    Based on what the Fund had earnt in previous times, I estimated I had lost around $60,000..........
    When I entered the Super scheme, the 'spruikers were claiming that over a given period it would earn quite substantial amounts based on a series of projections and so it might have but World Wide factors soon changed that.

One time I heard one 'Advisor' telling everyone to 'sell their homes and rent' but you cant sell until you find a buyer and it takes time to arrange the paper workso I thought this was very bad advise.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 27-09-18 at 06:06 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    One time I heard one 'Advisor' telling everyone to 'sell their homes and rent' but you cant sell until you find a buyer and it takes time to arrange the paper workso I thought this was very bad advise.
    I bet he was a property developer. All I can say is, WALOS! If you are renting, all you are doing is buying someone elses property. IF you are purchasing your own home, at least, in most cases, the property is apreciating even if at only 1 or 2 % per annum. Given the cost of rents now, If they continue to go up (which is highly likely) your mortgage repayments are, at least, likely to remain relatively stable.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member

Thanks

601 is now promoting the new 'Your Money' to start on Monday 1st of October on Foxtel 601 and FTA Channel 95.
    Channel 95 is a Metro Channel.
    There is no indication that this program will appear on Regional FTA and at the moment, the Regional equivalent of 95 is 85 and its currently an 'Infomercial' shopping channel, GOLD.