Thread: Portable fridge issue.

Thanks

Default Portable fridge issue.

I have a Matson 30ltr 12/24v fridge which is essentially a Waeco copy running a Domus ( Danfoss copy ) compressor. It turns on and i can change the temp settings but after about 2mins the error light flashes 4 times.
    According to waeco troubleshooting guide this basically means compressor has failed to start and or reach a minimum speed of 1850rpm,i found a guide on how to bypass the thermostat to check if the compressor will run but it didnt.
    I havent ruled out a fail compressor controller yet but cant find anything to test it, i removed it and checked for dry joints or burnt components but there was nothing obvious.
    This is a spare fridge but is a handy size so would like to repair if economical to do so.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I have a Chinese Waeco copy fridge ( a friend gave me ) and it had similar problems to yours .
    Mine tuned out to be the power lead had gone bad and couldn't provide enough current to start the compressor .I just bought another cord and away she went.
    Not saying its your problem but just a thought.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

How are you running this fridge? had a customer here a couple weeks ago same sort of issue, I found the issue to be wrong amperage wire running back from the dual battery, upgraded the wiring to 100amp and all good. I guess your currently testing it via 240 volt?

Thanks

Wiring is good, its a 12v only model and had it in my car with near new 85ah AGM and in my shed with a 145ah AGM from my camper trailer. I also have a 50ltr Waeco that is working with same power lead and batteries,its definitely an internal electrical or compressor problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loanrangiel View Post
    I have a Matson 30ltr 12/24v fridge which is essentially a Waeco copy running a Domus ( Danfoss copy ) compressor. It turns on and i can change the temp settings but after about 2mins the error light flashes 4 times.
    According to waeco troubleshooting guide this basically means compressor has failed to start and or reach a minimum speed of 1850rpm,i found a guide on how to bypass the thermostat to check if the compressor will run but it didnt.
    I havent ruled out a fail compressor controller yet but cant find anything to test it, i removed it and checked for dry joints or burnt components but there was nothing obvious.
    This is a spare fridge but is a handy size so would like to repair if economical to do so.
    I'll throw in my two bobs worth.

I have a Vitrifrigo fridge in the campervan......it uses a Danfoss compressor.

From the operating manual:

Thermostat (Fig. 1)
    The thermostat (7) is connected between the
    terminals C and T. Without any resistor in the
    control circuit, the compressor will run with a fixed
    speed of 2,000 rpm when the thermostat is switched
    on. Other fixed compressor speeds in the range
    between 2,000 and 3,500 rpm can be obtained when
    a resistor (8) is installed to adjust the current (mA)
    of the control circuit. Resistor values for various
    motor speeds appear from Fig. 5.
    As you can see, there is a resistor involved which sets the speed of the compressor.

A possibility is that this resistor (if you have one installed) has gone high, or O/C for some reason.

There is a rudimentary circuit diagram towards the end of the Vitrifrigo manual linked below:

Good luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    I'll throw in my two bobs worth.

I have a Vitrifrigo fridge in the campervan......it uses a Danfoss compressor.

From the operating manual:

As you can see, there is a resistor involved which sets the speed of the compressor.

A possibility is that this resistor (if you have one installed) has gone high, or O/C for some reason.

There is a rudimentary circuit diagram towards the end of the Vitrifrigo manual linked below:

Good luck.
    Thanks, the electronics are near identical to the Danfoss equivalent so hopefully i can get it working. I did bridge C & T terminals which bypasses the thermostat but that is if the rest of the controller is functioning correctly.
    Last edited by loanrangiel; 12-06-18 at 01:13 PM.