Thread: Another Pay Rise

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,074 Times in 9,093 Posts

Default Another Pay Rise

Ho Hum....the workers get a rise.....I was going to look for an article on the Greens & ALP outrage but then I thought....why try?

Federal politicians, senior public servants, judges win pay rise

Joe Kelly
    Political Reporter
    Canberra
    @joekellyoz

Australia’s federal politicians — along with the nation’s most senior public servants, agency heads and judges — have been awarded a 2 per cent pay rise as of July 1.

The decision by the independent Remuneration Tribunal means that the most senior public office holders in the country will have received a 6 per cent pay boost in their pay packets over the two-and-a-half year period from January 2016.

Previous pay rises included an increase of 2 per cent in July 2017 as well as an increase of 2 per cent in January 2016.

The decision means that Malcolm Turnbull’s annual salary will rise to $538,460 next month.

The Tribunal noted the decision to award a 2 per cent pay rise in July 2018 came at a time of low wage growth across the economy.

However, it said the decision was consistent with the increases that were allowed under the government’s new workplace bargaining policy released in February 2018.

“The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) seasonally adjusted March 2018 wage price index figure was 2.1 per cent,” the Tribunal noted.

“Seasonally adjusted private sector wages rose 1.9 per cent and public sector wages grew 2.3 per cent”.

“In Federal Enterprise Bargaining, the trends over 782 new agreements struck in the December quarter of 2017 show average increases of 2.5 per cent, up 0.3 points on the previous quarter, with private sector increases averaging 2.6 per cent (up 0.2 points)”.

The Fair Work Commission awarded an increase to the minimum wage and award minimum wages of 3.5 per cent as of July 2018.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (14-06-18)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

A pay rise for one sector works across the board simply to maintain parity.
    No one will be better off with the rise as everything rises in accordance to match it except for the Tax rate which stays fixed at set levels and the poor bloody wage earner gets closer to losing more of the rise.
    I think this is referred to as 'Bracket Creep'..........
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Just another bunch of pigs at the trough!

My view is as before with the doctors pay thread!!!!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

eaglem (14-06-18),Jma (14-06-18),VroomVroom (15-06-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    Just another bunch of pigs at the trough!

My view is as before with the doctors pay thread!!!!
    Naaah, not even close. Most doctors have extensive training, skill and ability.

Politicians are just selfish monkeys. There is a difference.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (14-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    naaah, not even close. Most doctors have extensive training, skill and ability.

Politicians are just selfish overpaid monkeys. There is a difference.
    ftwy

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Love 'em or lothe them, Doctors are a life necessity when your lying, bleeding and hurt like hell to take away that trouble.
    Last night I watched a show where a woman had a massive 20kg Tumor removed from the abdominal area in a procedure that took 12 hours.
    Had they not done so, she was would have died very soon as the Tumor was damaging all those organs in that area.
    Another was a fellow who had a 'growth' not only on the Kidney but it had begun to send out a 'Tendril' into the artery leading to the heart.
    This morning my Wife has ended up in Casualty after missing a step at a 'Servo' and got a bloody nose, a black eye (glasses broke) a cut forehead and there will be bruising for sure.
    Striking her forehead is of concern and as such she must be monitored to ensure its only of a minor nature.
    Doctors??
    Love 'em or Lothe them, we cant do without them.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Shyit, i should have become a polly or stayed a employee, because everyone but the business owner is getting the pay rises these days around here, the only thing i see on my end is pay cuts.....

Can someone remind me that its not Labor running the country? God help us when they get back into power.....if its bad now, just wait.....

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

enf (15-06-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Shyit, i should have become a polly or stayed a employee, because everyone but the business owner is getting the pay rises these days around here, the only thing i see on my end is pay cuts.....

Can someone remind me that its not Labor running the country? God help us when they get back into power.....if its bad now, just wait.....
    Yeah, but my guess is that you had a long term goal in mind, hence the investment in at least partially getting off the tools.

So you have to hang in there and hope that the next government is sympathetic......you poor bastard...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

So you have to hang in there and hope that the next government is sympathetic......you poor bastard...
    Thats the funniest thing ive heard all week.....government and sympathetic in the same sentence.....add to that if labor wins the next one and its hysterically funny.

Its 11.48pm on Saturday night and ill just get back to work for a few more hours before sleeping another 4-5 and repeating the same tomorrow........got to keep paying those pollies who are doing it tough......

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

enf (17-06-18)

• 20-06-18, 01:28 AM