Thread: C4k Intelligent 2 Door HID reader Intermittent fault

Thanks

Default C4k Intelligent 2 Door HID reader Intermittent fault

I have an ongoing issue with an inherited site with a 4k with an intelligent 2 door controller with a plug on 2 door expander installed.
    On door 3 the door will work for most of the day with no faults, but intermittently, the door will not open when the card reader is badged.
    When the fault occurrs, rex, breakglass DOTL & door siren all work ok, but when review is checked, there is no data displayed to say that some one has badged or even invalid or corrupt data displayed
    I have replaced the Intelligent door module, plug on expander & ribbon card set card reader from 5 to 12 volts. HID reader was also replaced.
    I have tested and checked cabling which is screened wiegand and was unable to locate any faults. Cable run is approx 40 metres.
    All panel & LAN voltages are normal and within spec.

Last week when I arrived on site there was no system area in place, which I added all relevant system faults. I haven't been able to see any LAN faults in review over the last week either.
    I traced the whole cabling with a volt stick to see if there was any RF or electrical interference any where along the cable run and was not able to find any interference.

Inner range tech support haven't come across a similar fault before & CSD Support advised to check the ribbon cable which was replaced.

Has any one else come across a similar issue that they might have a possible solution for. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

I did consider installing a Pi Filter today but didn't have any capacitors with me.

Regards
    Milo
    Last edited by Milo; 15-06-18 at 11:48 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

That's wacky! I assume you are using all 4 doors. Did you try swapping 2 of the doors around to see if the fault follows the door / reader / programming or follows the hardware of the door module?

Thanks

I sure did and fault still occurred intermittently. I went on site again last week and door wasn't working again. Opened up enclosure & measured all voltages again which were all normal then went back to the door again & it was working perfectly again. I hadn't changed any settings, connections or re-powered any thing. I have installed a capacitor in parallel with DO & D1 to act as a Pi Filter. Just going to monitor it now and see how that goes.