Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mediastar HD 8200s - Service Error

Thanks

Yes I've done factory default, hmmmm (all?) now you make me wonder, I think so...

Ok, I'll do it tonight.

Thanks B52.

Thanks

I swap the tuners so now T1 is Terrestrial and T2 Satellite.

When machine start it intermediately indicated that the Tuners have changed and recommend the scanning of the channels. All data related was deleted when booting up the machine.

It started with T1 and it found the channels as per normal scan!!!!! So working normal. :-)

Then i manually Blind scan the satellite on T2, and it found 14 Transponders, expecting more but at night time not bad. Probably the dish needs realign after hard winter too.

Then it started scan the channels and although it was again visually searching it show 0 new channels at the end of the search. :-(

So something is wrong with T2. That's what it means Service Error! :-(

I also look in the options to do a factory reset. I didn't see any specifically indicating all, so I assume if i choose the first option its equivalent to reset all.
    I believe the others options are only data user related.

Now how do i go from here? If it is a software issue, I'm guessing this has to do with the internal tuner plugin, maybe?

Is it fixable and how?

Thanks

What firmware are you on?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    What firmware are you on?
    Model HD8200s
    Frequency Area Australia
    Loader Version L 6.00
    H/W Version HS 8200 1.00
    Application Version HS v2.11.87
    API Version API Apr 10 2014
    Data Version FDU v1.4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ferjo View Post
    Model HD8200s
    Frequency Area Australia
    Loader Version L 6.00
    H/W Version HS 8200 1.00
    Application Version HS v2.11.87
    API Version API Apr 10 2014
    Data Version FDU v1.4
    That's ancient, I would suggest finding the current latest version
    my ultraplus 9200 is @ 2.12.18

• The Following User Says Thank You to apsattv For This Useful Post:

Ferjo (20-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

have a look at the manual freq. for the DVBT and see if there are freq with 7mhz bandwidth.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

As per ferjo test, both Sat. and Ter. tuners work ok in the T1 slot. It seems T2 slot on main PCB is defective. T2 finds the TP in blindscan but the data is not saved to the ram. Don't thing software upgrade will fix T2. At your own risk you can have a go any way. This link for Ver 2.12.18 is valid for a week or so.
    make sure to factory default before and after upgrade.
    Last edited by B52; 22-09-18 at 03:44 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

Ferjo (23-09-18)

Thanks

I've updated to v2.12.18 but unfortunately no changes on my symptoms, T2 keeps not finding any channels. I tried also to copy frequencies from T1 to T2 and didn't gave an error but also didn't do anything noticeable. I think B52 is correct on his diagnostic must be the saving stage that T2 is failing.

On a side effect of my upgrade I can't connect to youtube or any other internet application including browser. Is there a newer firmware? Not that I care, I will prefer to fix T2. But I guess there's no cure, the issue must reside inside the motherboard :-(
    I just hope will not affect T1 also :-/

Responding to Leroy, going manual on T2.
    Channel 6
    Frequency 177.5Mhz
    Bandwidth 7 Mhz
    Search Type All Service
    Level 100%
    Quality 100%
    Start search ---------------- 0 TV or Radio Services Found!

I could shout to the box but the signal is right there! but I don't think it will listen to me. LOL

Thanks

Ok as I wrote on another Thread that I'm fiddling around with Plugins, just for fun I run a Terrestrial manual search exactly on same parameters as previous post (as i left them per last search) and it present all the bouquet for channel 7. I tune it and got signal!

So I was on a roll and scan all spectrum and all FTA terrestrial channels appear! BUT as soon I tune again channel 7 it gave Service Error, tried nine and it show the channel and died (froze) within a few seconds maybe 20 seconds. From there any terrestrial channel that tried to tune gave the SERVICE ERROR message. I delete every Terrestrial channel and tried again, but at this stage again no Channels can actually be found... ;-][

Back to same situation as per beginning of the thread, any takers with an explanation? Did I reach my maximum number of channels that Receiver can hold? Don't think so, I'm not even near 200 Channels (counting with radio ones)
    There must be something that triggers the Service Error but what exactly?

If it is not hardware tuner, where exactly the Receiver holds the Frequency info? In the hard Drive seen that reset to factory doesn't do the trick? How do I flush this?

Thanks

have you tried just the one tuner in slot one with factory reset and doing terrestrial scan?

Thanks

You mean on the good slot (T1)? Yeah it works and don't need to factory reset.

On T2 doesn't work even after factory reset.

I'm very surprised why indeed worked for a few minutes after long time without using T2. I'm almost regretting having scanned all the spectrum I should stay only with channel 7 and see how much time I could tune the channel.

Anyone knows where this info gets saved? If it is on a Hardware PROM that has separate devices for each Tuner, that's even strange, means it come back to live to die a few minutes later... :-?

If it was on an internal storage maybe the allocation physical space reserved to T2 is corrupted?

Thanks

Since the weekend T2 started to work like nothing happened from 1 year ago. :-O

I also had a similar hiccup with T1, but now is back to normal after a cool power down.

I'm even avoiding coming here to post it, for not having bad luck. I'm speechless...

Thanks

Could be just dirty contact in the insert slot. Overtime some of these contactors can build up oxidization. Use circuit board cleaner spray and a toothbrush to clean the slots.
    Also press OK to bring up the channel list than press the blue key "channel list option" There you can set up the display option according to your setup T1 or T2 or both.

• The Following User Says Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

Ferjo (14-03-19)

Thanks

Guess who is having this problem

Box has been turned of for a week and moved to another room and that's all I did.

I'll look at it when I have a moment and try cleaning the plug in turner sockets as per B52's suggestion. It's only the Terrestrial tuner in T2 that is having the problem!! Coincidence?
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

Ferjo (03-08-20)

Thanks

Well, well, well. I still didn't solve my case. Currently i'm on a longest dry run, T2 not been working since probably 3 months later that I post for the last time. T1 not having any problems.

So Leroy did you manage to understand the issue? And most important did you fix it?

From time to time I retune Terrestrial so to check if T2 is back. I do that when unit gets stuck and I need to remove the power from socket. Or when there'a a change on Satellite frequencies, trying to figure out wha can possible trigger the Tuner starting "holding" data. So far no luck at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ferjo View Post
    Well, well, well. I still didn't solve my case. Currently i'm on a longest dry run, T2 not been working since probably 3 months later that I post for the last time. T1 not having any problems.

So Leroy did you manage to understand the issue? And most important did you fix it?

From time to time I retune Terrestrial so to check if T2 is back. I do that when unit gets stuck and I need to remove the power from socket. Or when there'a a change on Satellite frequencies, trying to figure out wha can possible trigger the Tuner starting "holding" data. So far no luck at all.
    Nope I haven't managed to solve my issue. I think it's a main board issue. I can't even connect with the porter software upload utility

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12