Thread: UEC 4639 Audio missing

Thanks

Default UEC 4639 Audio missing

I have a 4639 UEC decoder which has developed audio problems. For no reason the audio vanishes. It might return after a few minutes or sometimes not. Changing the Chanel will restore audio most of the time. Audio is via RCA out. Tried all the usual things upgrade, factory reset without success. I do recall seeing some symptoms similar on a thread here but alas all my searching didn't reveal anything, it may be just wishfull thinking, however f anyone does remember or has a fix it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

I remember reading about an audio problem too but can't remember where it is. From the memory I have, it was an issue with only a select few channels. Can you report which ones end up breaking? I think Imparja and ABC HD use different codecs to the rest of the VAST channels.

Edit: Found the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Smacca View Post
    Sounds like an AAC audio codec issue in your firmware. I think you'll find a problem with nearly all VAST channels if this is the case.

MPEG-2 Audio:
    Imparja
    GO!
    ICTV
    Westlink
    Al Jazeera
    TRT World

TVSN
    Expo
    D3 Tune

AC3 Audio:
    ABC HD
    7mate Central
    GEM
    ONE Central

AAC Audio:
    All other channels
    Last edited by Smacca; 27-06-18 at 07:22 PM.

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

Thanks

Many thanks, this is for an elderly client & has been working up to a few weeks ago. I will ask the lady of the house to record a few programs to see if I can reproduce the fault through pre recorded programs. I might also ask the gents at N.A.S. they will at least let me know if others have made complaint lately.
    Thanks again smacca for the lead (really appreciate the use of your gray matter).

• The Following User Says Thank You to Softek2 For This Useful Post:

Smacca (28-06-18)

Thanks

Problem solved (I think). The device is still soaking but it would appear it is another hardware fault (surprise,surprise,). If all goes well I will post the result of findings and also the solution. I'll give it a few more days before blowing my trumpet. I now have a swag of these decoders on the bench with varying faults; however with the shortage of replacement decoders I have been encouraged to look for some fixes to bide time.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Softek2 For This Useful Post:

Smacca (23-07-18)

Thanks

Hi All, Well; this issue has raised its ugly head again! After contacting the importer to work out a solution I was informed that I am the only person to complain. I think this is unusual as I now have 7 customers with the same fault. Some of these decoders are still under warranty. Problem here is - not replacement stock in the country, no new replacement model & several (now) irate clients to deal with. Is anyone else having problems with UEC DSD 4639 decoders (particularly audio issues)? It also seems that the news channel is the main cause for concern but this might be because it is focused more closely. I hope to speak with the QLD office today with the aim to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.