Thread: International sim

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Default International sim

Hey dudes and dudettes,

My daughter is going to Spain. We had a Czech sim we'd been using for years but someone forgot to recharge it!!!

She mainly needs to be able to send us a txt message here and there. What options do people recommend?

Cheers,
    Leroy

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Somewhere in relation to those traveling overseas was the suggestion that it could be better to buy the SIM in the Country you were visiting.
    Most of what you read here from the SIM card suppliers is about ringing from HERE and while they mention overseas 'Roaming', I got the impression you need to realy read the fine print to avoid massive call costs.

I just checked the Aldimobile site and it was there they suggested buying the SIM in the Country your vising.
    Aldi have recently altered their plans and now include Unlimited International calls to some Countries but Spain is not one of them..........instead its a 300 minute a month allowance for the monthly fee of $45..
    They go into details of what it costs to use an Aldi SIM overseas (roaming), something that needs to be carefully read before deciding to buy their SIM card.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 28-06-18 at 01:52 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!