Thread: Skymuster outage.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Skymuster outage.

I was going online around 9pm last night (Friday) and it didnt want to open the browser and when I looked, my Modem was flashing a white light instead of a nice steady blue.
    As it wasnt important I went and watched TV instead.
    Thought the night during one of my 'calls', I saw the ring of light was still flashing white and then orange, white then a briefly lovely RED which means things aint good and back to white so off to bed and back to sleep.
    I checked again after 8am and its still flashing white so around 10.15am turned the Modem off for a few minutes and rang my ISP when it still flashed white.
    15 minutes later they answered and details exchanges and it appears there is 'an Outage'....however the Tech support had no information as to when it might be restored.
    Now its been out for 15 hours, still happily flashing away........fortunately I kept my Teltra wifi dongle and it still has 9GB of Data left on it so that will keep me running for a while.
    I have had hiccups before but this one is excelled all the others.

Btw, how long does it take a Tech to suit up and reach orbit to use a bigger hammer to restart everything?
    Rang after 6pm and by now there was a recorded message saying that there was an outage affecting 'some Skymuster customers' .................
    Looked in at the Modem just after 8pm to see a nice BLUE light indicating that it was now connected to the satellite, close enough to 24 hours.............
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 30-06-18 at 09:27 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

2. Look Here ->