Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The great plastic bag debate

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Another green crock of shit to save/ Make money for Big Biz under the guise of " The Environment".

We have so many of those reuseable bags now we use them for garbage bags. Not once has the local coles ever charged me for bags nor have I ever taken them in with me.
    Daughter or I will drop in to get some essentials/ something for dinner and never take a bag and always are given to us. Couldn't give a shit if they did charge me .15C, not like that's going to make a difference or break the budget.

It was never about the environment, it was merely Virtue signalling in an attempt to save the millions of bucks the free bags cost the supermarkets and a joint conspiracy to aid their profits.

If one looks at the amount of plastic in drink, shampoo, detergent and everything else in an average shopping trolley, it can be seen what a crock this whole thing was.
    Every time I see a pic or a vid of waterway pollution I always see a ton of plastic bottles rather than plastic bags.

But hey, they have probably halved their expenses on shopping bags and appeased a few whining greenies and can say they have done their bit so I'd guarantee they are calling it a success in the boardrooms and have not even looked at the so called " environmental " impact which would be exactly.... Zero.
    Maybe even worse now than it was before.

I notice all the fruit shops and independent places are still giving out bags.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

irritant (18-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

From what I've seen, this whole plastic thing is just like everything else that gets "banned" or "controlled" or whatever.

It all comes down to who uses it. Like guns, cars, liquor, etc. some people just don't know what they're doing, or shouldn't be allowed near the stuff, whilst other, normal, sane, rational and respectful people have never and will never have an issue with said "problem" item.

The problem is today's society. If I look around here for example, there is a genuine "don't give a shit" and "just toss everything on the ground" attitude when it comes to any rubbish, never mind plastic. Every fence (catches wind-driven flying rubbish), ditch, creek, river and range of bush near urbanised areas are absolutely filthy and choked with litter.

How is recycling or whatever incentive going to help when the people have a "just f*ck it on the ground" attitude?

The higher ups whinge about plastics going into the sea and the environment and everywhere else, and then say we must recycle and do this and do that...blah blah blah. But if you throw your rubbish into a bin and it goes to a landfill where it is BURIED, how in the holy F is it ending up in the sea? The only way is obviously some dickhead who is littering!
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

Bigfella237 (18-08-19),enf (18-08-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Weren't we all re-using these bags to put out rubbish in anyway? They sell garbags made out of, wait for it...... plastic!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

irritant (18-08-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Weren't we all re-using these bags to put out rubbish in anyway? They sell garbags made out of, wait for it...... plastic!
    We pick up dog shit with them too
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

irritant (18-08-19)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

But what is the most pollutant the dogshit or the plastic bag ? one shower of rain and the dogshit has gone back into the soil as fert the plastic bag kills another orgasim for ever who wins ? but i dont like getting dog shit on my shoes cos i dont look where im going and fvck the enviroment yeah right

Thanks

They live among us!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    We pick up dog shit with them too
    We need to ban the dogs! They cause the use of plastic.
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

• The Following User Says Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (19-08-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irritant View Post
    We need to ban the dogs! They cause the use of plastic.
    Just ban people.
    Dogs don't use plastic.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (19-08-19),irritant (18-08-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

All i can say is, we didn't have a recycling problem, before we had recycling.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-08-19),hinekadon (19-08-19),irritant (18-08-19),Tiny (19-08-19)

Thanks

Pretty much apart from metal, Recycling is a crock anyway.
    Paper, plastic and glass is stockpiled or Dumped because there is no market for it.
    Lets not even mention the crap we dump overseas .

The most efficent "Recycling" is often burning a lot of stuff and putting the heat to use to generate power or central heating but the greenies don't like that so rather than allow rubbish to be put to any use at all their all or nothing policy's usually means a facade is put on it before being put into land fill.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-08-19),hinekadon (19-08-19),irritant (19-08-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Plastic bags have been replaced by Coles Little Shopper plastic blobs.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

irritant (24-08-19),Keith (24-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Might be more true than you know.

Was at the shops about 9 PM the other night and they were doing stock fill. A kid came round with a big trolley stacked with Boxes of the toys and was stuffing all he could under each counter. Gave Mrs a heap of the things to empty a box to make way for a full box.
    I'll bet the plastic in those would make a LOT of the old micron thin shopping bags.
    You only had to see how heavy the boxes of the toys were to see the similarity.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Oh FFS, you guys have that shit too? They shove this (similar "Little Checkers") crap into each bag of shopping over here.
    Last edited by irritant; 24-08-19 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks

This is the second round we have had of them at one supermarket chain.
    Last time the things were selling on ebay, particularly in sets in the boxes for stupid prices.
    They were criticised before for them but they are doing them again so I guess their research must have shown they got people in the door that waoun't have come through otherwise.
    A sad thought in itself.

One thing I learned in sales is don't write off the value of even the smallest Discount or most pathetic freebie when it comes to Pulling people in.

I have given people things of literally no tangible value but you would have thought I just gave their child a heart or a Kidney they way they thanked me and even referred other people to me.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

irritant (24-08-19)

• 30-08-19, 10:15 PM

• Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567