Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Gmails are not safe and Google finally admits it:

Thanks

Above is a link to a Sophos doc that has some interesting comments. Not all the time is it the app developers who are at fault, but sometimes third party addons.
    however the blame seems to point back to google for not tightening the security issues.
    I'm not pointing the finger at any one company or app but in today's world we all know that privacy and security are not what they used to be or should be.
    Being paranoid about what we write or say that someone is reading or listening goes a long to show that no medium is safe unless the average person wants to spend lots of dollars which they can't afford for privacy.
    Even snail mail can be compromised, I understand where nomeat is coming from, but as a society we give up the right to privacy when we want to be part of and are part of any community.

How to stop being looked at - live in a bubble or be dead

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    Not all the time is it the app developers who are at fault, but sometimes third party addons.
    That is what people should be getting told - be wary of who and what your third-party apps are doing.

It’s not just an issue faced by Google, but providers of everything, be it emails, online storage, etc. Google/Microsoft/etc services are used by millions (billions?) of people, and their privacy statement are generally well known.

The same can’t be said for small third-party apps (and their add-ons) that are given access by a user.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

admin (17-08-18),efab (07-07-18)

Thanks

You know ive never really worried about search advertising, and how my data gets tracked until the Facebook thing came out. I watched this vid about how they people called attention engineers and many other morally questionable tatics anyway this is what got me to take note of my search ads now i can understand how my ads are being changed and derived from lets say google searches, but when i have emails or whatsapp concerning a discussion on grammar and then start getting grammarly ads i also wonder if our just how much data are we giving away.

Premium Member
    Thanks

If you want it secret then tell no-one
    The old saying 'the only way 2 people can keep a secret is if 1 of them is dead'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post

While it was well known for ages that they proof read your emails I was not aware that actual people sit down and read them,
    including those who do not belong to Google.
    Apparently anybody, who claims they are a 'Developer' have the ability to access and pass on your private life.

Of course they always had that covered somewhere in their several hundred pages of 'terms and conditions' and nicely hidden a method to disable this third party access in your account/mails.

I didn't trust Google even back in the early 2000's.
    It was never my search engine of choice, found more neutral and 'to the point' results with others that didn't track you. Quality over quantity.
    Never had a Google account and never touched that datamining, spam creating GoogleChrome piece of sh%#.

OpenStreetMaps has improved massively and I find them partly more accurate than Google Maps + I got it all offline in my pocket.

I have got on pretty well without Google and will continue to do so.

I still believe that privacy is a basic human right and NOT a crime but it looks like many(particularly the younger "whatever" gens) are being conditioned to think otherwise.
    I just read.... "i hate google" you are all noobs if you use google maps, Open source is king.

Pro tip.. If you every actually had factual information - id suggest changing your tone - if you ever wanted someone to take you serious.

Also, If you actually think you can outsmart a muliti trillion dollar organisations - with your opensource Linux and secured vpn ive got news for you... If they want to find you they will..

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by renames View Post
    I just read.... "i hate google" you are all noobs if you use google maps, Open source is king.

Pro tip.. If you every actually had factual information - id suggest changing your tone - if you ever wanted someone to take you serious.

Also, If you actually think you can outsmart a muliti trillion dollar organisations - with your opensource Linux and secured vpn ive got news for you... If they want to find you they will..
    I suggest you change your tone and learn a bit of grammar!

I also have some Pro tips for you:
    Don't have a social media account
    Don't have a Google account.
    Don't use Email
    Don't use the Internet
    Only use your devices offline.

This might come as a surprise to you and others including our STASI home affairs minister:
    If you have committed a crime the Police will still find you !

...but at least those "muliti trillion dollar organisations" won't know about you and can't share your private life around.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

renames is just a pig ignorant fool. ignore he exists the world would be a better place if he wasnt born

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Just as a minor point. This thread was current TWO YEARS AGO Get a life!!!!!!!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12