Thread: Electrolux dishwasher

Thanks

Default Electrolux dishwasher

Our dishwasher is about 11 years old and never given any issues until lately, doesn't seem to wash as good as it used to and doesn't dry properly most of the time.
    I have pulled apart all the sprayers and cleaned on the filters which helps a bit but wondering if are any particular areas i should look at as nothing appears to have failed as such, replacement is not an option at the moment.

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Have you changed dishwasher liquid/powder/tablets in recent history. Different brands do give different results. Are you out of rinse aid, I've also seen some crap results for that not being present, but that also depends upon the "detergent" you use. Another suggestion is to run one of those "dishwasher cleaners" through the thing, I've had mixed results with those, but the Boss seems to think they work. Even after cleaning all filters I then run a short cycle with nothing in the machine to flush out any other crud.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

loanrangiel (06-07-18)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Not sure how advisable it is to use this but there's that CLR cleaner available thats supposed 'Do Wonders' but lets face it, its 11 years old and if you only use it once a day, that's 7 X 52 X11 is over 4000 washes.......
    Although its not leaking, maybe the seals where the water is pumped may be less than effective.

Sorry but I think its time to prepare to replace it.........

ADDENDUM.

Maybe the motor armature or brushes are dirty or worn along with the bearings may have gone dry or now 'out of round'.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 06-07-18 at 06:56 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

loanrangiel (06-07-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loanrangiel View Post
    Our dishwasher is about 11 years old and never given any issues until lately, doesn't seem to wash as good as it used to and doesn't dry properly most of the time.
    I have pulled apart all the sprayers and cleaned on the filters which helps a bit but wondering if are any particular areas i should look at as nothing appears to have failed as such, replacement is not an option at the moment.
    An eleven year old dishwasher would most likely have a drying fan and condensing duct.
    The drying fan, when energised will force a diaphragm to open and allow the warm moist air to condense in a duct to be drained away.
    The fan may have failed (generally just a shaded pole motor) or the diaphragm may have failed.
    BTW, rinse aid assists with drying by reducing the surface tension of water to prevent water droplets from forming and it does so with remarkable efficiency.
    As an aside, I always tell customers and the techs that I train: "it is a dishwasher, not a dish dryer".
    Forget any cleaning products for dishwashers, they are a scam. The last time I checked a 75° C wash cycle with detergent will do a remarkable job of "cleaning" a dishwasher.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

• The Following User Says Thank You to TVguy For This Useful Post:

loanrangiel (06-07-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

An issue I have had previously was the impeller of the wash pump slipping on the motor shaft, resulting in poor wash cycles due to reduced water pressure/flow.

It eventually broke away from the shaft altogether.

A replacement restored the wash to its former effectiveness.

This may or may not be related to your issue, but thought I'd mention it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

loanrangiel (06-07-18)

Thanks

Although is does have fan dry in the sequence i wasnt aware it had a fan, might be worth pulling it out and having a look.
    Tried different brands of tablets and also used a cleaner to flush the system, rinse aid is also used. We do run it on a long cycle occasionally to try and clean it out.
    Last edited by loanrangiel; 06-07-18 at 08:48 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loanrangiel View Post
    Although is does have fan dry in the sequence i wasn't aware it had a fan, might be worth pulling it out and having a look.
    Fan would be in the door if fitted and it may not be obvious. Highly unlikely it has an exposed heater element; if it does then maybe no fan is fitted.
    For wash performance MTV is correct in identifying the wash impeller (low pressure = poor wash). Is it electronically controlled or does it use a mechanical timer?
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TVguy View Post
    Fan would be in the door if fitted and it may not be obvious. Highly unlikely it has an exposed heater element; if it does then maybe no fan is fitted.
    For wash performance MTV is correct in identifying the wash impeller (low pressure = poor wash). Is it electronically controlled or does it use a mechanical timer?
    Electronic, there are no openings in the door to suggest there is a fan . Its a dishlex DX302 and dont think i have i have a manual for it.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Some of the questions/answers at might help you.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Added to MTV's line of thought is does it have belts, how old, what condition?
    Even if their tight, how is the surface because once they 'glaze', bye bye.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

This video may solve your problem

• The Following User Says Thank You to loopyloo For This Useful Post:

loanrangiel (08-08-18)

Thanks

Check the spray arms for debris inside - may only see it if you slosh water around in them, can get bits that are pushed into the holes when spinning & blocking the water.
    Also main pump impeller blades might be damaged, eg from a bit of glass or olive pip, etc

Drying's a different issue - fan might have seized.

Thanks

An update to close this off, DW was working ok on long cycles so left it for a while, had 3 weeks off so i decided to see if i could fix it. Luckily was looking on Gumtree i came across the same model DW being given away for free, owner said it was working but intermittent fault.
    After trying it out i was able to get one full length wash before the pump stopped, i did confirm its was heating and drying. So i swapped the complete control panel which also gave me a new power button as mine was dodgy, now have a fully funcyioning machine plus spares for nix.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loanrangiel For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (28-01-19),tristen (28-01-19),TVguy (29-01-19)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Thanks for the update and pleased that you now have a working machine again, Loanrangiel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Thanks for the update and pleased that you now have a working machine again, Loanrangiel.
    I wasn't going to let it beat me.

• The Following User Says Thank You to loanrangiel For This Useful Post:

tristen (30-01-19)