Thread: Epg - sonig 40" tv

Banned
    Thanks

Default Epg - sonig 40" tv

I recently bought a cheap Sonig 40" TV for use in my bedroom - basically seems OK for what it is but the EPG annoys me.

Loaded up all the local stations via the auto search function and then went to remove the stations I do not want - the process has a 'skip' function rather than a 'delete' function so the unwanted stations still remain in the system.

Now with the unwanted stations 'skipped' the channel up/down function works fine moving through only the wanted stations. However when EPG is selected all stations including the skipped ones are listed making it a pain to move around the EPG to see what programs are on. When you switch to Freeview I assume it also uses the same information in the EPG as all stations are listed.

So the question is - is there a way to 'delete' unwanted stations in the Sonig EPG system rather than "skipping" them as they are not skipped.

Thanks

Garry

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Does it have a 'Favourites' option? Maybe that might do what you want.
    The only STB I want to dump channels on is the Foxtel Pace I have (all the HD channels).
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned
    Thanks

Yes it has a favourites option and only these come up on a list so you can select the channel you want but not in EPG so you do not know what is on. So by way of example when I select EPG, I can see ABC 2, ABC 20 HD and ABC 21 - all the same channel - same applies to all the other networks so the EPG is population by twice (some network 3 times) the number of channels that are needed.

Garry