I have a recently purchased Google Pixel 2 XL and all its current content was copied over from my old Samsung S4 - not quite the seamless process I was led to believe but I got most of the information across.

All my contacts and photo folders copied across Ok and were working fine. Today Mr Android tells me I need to update the operating system to the absolute latest android version which was quickly done.

But now Mr Android has decided it knows better than me and has completely deleted my Pic folder and created its own - based around its own ideas of subject matter - on of which is selfies - so any pic that has a human face in it has been moved to a selfie folder, not the previous folders of Me, Mum, Brothers, Friends etc. Oh I had 6 different car folders by model name - now all there is, isone folder it calls cars. Yes all the actual pics are still there listed in date order but the folder structure has been completely destroyed.

Also it wants me to use the "cloud" - I have previously told it to #@&% off but it really wants me to use it which I have no intention of doing but it is still wanting me to sync and go to the cloud.

Oh - why do I need a gmail address - I dont want one but had to create one for the old Samsung but I never used it and it was generally ignored - not any more - to create a contact in my contact list I have to attach it to a gmail address - sorry but I dont want it attached to a gmail address, I just want a contacts list.

Why do I need a gmail address to use my phone - dont need it, dont want it but apparently the phone wants it.

So how to I take control of my latest smart phone so it does what I want it to do and not what Mr Google Android wants it to do.

Also, if I go back and create my photo folders again, will Mr Android take them away again with the next update.

Garry