Thread: Bosch/EDM CC600 issue with one zone always triggering alarm after default

Thanks

Default Bosch/EDM CC600 issue with one zone always triggering alarm after default

Hi guys,
    Long time reader but first time posted on these forums.
    I work in the electrical maintenance field for mainly rentals properties.
    Im not an expert on security systems but i do know a little just to get me by as part my role is to get alarms going for tenants of my clients when moving into properties. I work on alot of different of brands and models, so it is a little hard for me to get familiar with specific panels, and sometimes it a year or so that i work on the same model/brand panel.

With my knowledge and help with from members on these forums (espicially 1 member who always seems to have the answer in the threads Watchdog, thanks mate) i usually get by with defaulting the panels (as the old codes are lost) and reprogramming the zones, time, date, user codes, changing batteries and clearing any errors.

However im a little stumped on one panel atm, (its actually my parents panel). They have moved to a new property and im trying to get it going for them.

Its an EDM/ Bosch CC600
    I have defaulted the panel successfully
    Programmed date and time and changed battery to clear the errors, Unit works fine with no faults found, but when i walk in front of a particular PIR (terminated as zone 6), the alarm sounds even when unarmed.
    Now there is 8 PIRS installed, Zones 1, 2, 3 and 6 have 1 PIR connected each, and zones 4 and 5 have 2 PIR's connected each.
    I have walked in front of all the PIR's when unarmed and they all work fine except when i walk in front of zone 6, it triggers the alarm even when unarmed. I Read through the zone section of installer manual and found that zone 6 is defaulted as a 24hour, so i thought thats the problem.

I entered the installer parameters

And entered location 144 and entered values 10001301
    Walked in front of that particular PIR when unarmed and it went off again.
    Is there anything im missing?

Thankyou
    Charlie

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Correct, by default zone 6 is a 24hr alarm.
    Sounds like zone 6 is still set to type 12 instead of the type 1 you entered.
    Did you go back to location 144 to check if it was showing 12 or 1?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Correct, by default zone 6 is a 24hr alarm.
    Sounds like zone 6 is still set to type 12 instead of the type 1 you entered.
    Did you go back to location 144 to check if it was showing 12 or 1?
    im pretty sure i did, but i will again,

if it is set correctly any other ideas? its got me stumped

Thanks

hey secure,
    ended up going there again yesterday.
    I checked the zone settings again and it was all correct, i had pretty much given up and thought the pcb had an internal error. I had realized that every time the alarm had gone off the internal piezo wasnt sounding,

Since i had given up, i thought new alarm it is, so i thought id check the piezo to see if thats had it so i can add it to the list of items to get. Pulled the piezo out, found a cut in the cable right through 3 of the wires, I cant tell if it was shorting at the cut or completely deattached to each other as it was a nice clean cut. So i cut the bad piece off. Reterminated it, and decided to test it. Now cause of the issue we were having, i thought i didnt even have to arm it.

Went in front of zone 6 PIR, started waving at it. Nothing. I thought wow, i think the alarms good now. Armed it, set it off with zone 6. Disarmed went in front of all PIR. All good. Couldnt believe it. I would of never thought that a cut cable of the piezo would have that effect on the alarm

Another couple of questions for u secure if thats ok. The PCB had 2 fuses. In between the two fuses it has light indication. Its not an led more like glass light fuse. This ive noticed has a slight glow. Is that normal operation?

Also with programming phone numbers, can a mobile use with this old panel, and if so any idea what format the mobile would be? would it be 61422------, or more 0422--- ---and do you have to do pauses between some of the digits? eg: 0422 pause --- pause ---
    Thankyou

Thanks

The slight glow is normal. It indicates that the battery is charging. If it glows bright normally the battery needs to be replaced.

The alarm manual states it can call mobiles. Not sure if it will work if you have an NBN line. A Traditional phone line should be ok. Will need a Mode 3 phone connection / socket at alarm panel.

In programming you will need to enable domestic dial features when in installer mode, do 965# and enable dialler functions in Loc 224 then exit 960#
    Then refer to user manual on how to program numbers with master code + 2.
    Will be as 0422------ no pauses needed.

• The Following User Says Thank You to secure For This Useful Post:

horze (24-07-18)

Thanks

Thankyou secure, i should be heading out there tonight, ive decided im gonna go through the whole manual tonight as theres a few little things id like to turn on for them, eg unit not beeping for exit delay and a few like that
    At this point there is no NBN there, but its not far..so ill program it the way you you said.
    Eventually i think they will upgrade to a 6000 panel as very limited on that panel in terms of 6 zone and ifob looks very handy.. not that ive used it yet.
    The indicator is a slight glow so that looks good.

The mode 3 socket inside the box looks like it was ready fitted off correctly previously so ill have a good look at that and make sure its doing what its meant to be

Thanks again for your help secure

Thanks

Hi secure, done that with the phone numbers and working great, another question for if you dont mind.

Is there a way with this panel so have the keypads continually beep on entry delay, eg: when you have entered the property when in armed state, and even so when you are arming the alarm, to have the exit delay continous beep?
    Most alarms i see do this. Also with the siren/strobe, i know you can set them to do a quick flash/sound when you arm or disarm with a remote button, is it possible to do this when you arm/disarm by the keypad?. Eg you have set it to arm and after the exit delay has finished it does a quick flash/siren to let you know if has finished exit delay and armed.

Ive had a read of the manual, and not sure if ive overlooked it.
    Thankyou

Thanks

actually, sorry i got it wrong
    the entry delay, it does constantly beep so that part is good
    it’s on the exit delay it doesn’t constantly beep
    on exit delay it gives one beep when exit delay has ended

Thanks

Not sure. I have never used this old model. Can only go by what's in the manual.

Thanks

If your not using "day alarm" (Chime), you could try the following for to get exit beeps.
    Change loc 205 from a 12 to a 6.

Type 6 -Exit Warning With All Zones Sealed Or Entry Warning
    This output will operate during exit time when the control panel has been armed in
    AWAY Mode or STAY Mode if all zones are sealed. This output event type will
    reset once exit time has expired.
    The next time this output event type will operate will be during entry time and will
    reset once entry time has expired or the system has been disarmed. This output
    event type will also operate if a zone has triggered when the system has been armed
    in STAY Mode only if the “Entry Guard Timer For STAY Mode” has been
    programmed in "LOCATION 216 - 217" on page 133.
    When the system has been partitioned, this output will only operate the codepad for
    the specific area concerned.

Thanks

Thankyou secure, sorry for the delayed response,, i have been overseas
    I will try this out in the next few days
    Thankyou again for all your help

Thanks

secure, that worked like a charm, thankyou

• The Following User Says Thank You to horze For This Useful Post:

secure (17-09-18)