Thread: Bosch Solution 6000 - problem and question - going off every 2 hours!

Thanks

Default Bosch Solution 6000 - problem and question - going off every 2 hours!

Afternoon. First post so be gentle.

I own a recently installed Bosch Solution 6000 with 3G unit. It is connected to 3 PIR Blue Gen 2 sensors and 1 piezo siren. It is domestic with no back to base.

Each of the sensors has an EOLR (zones 1-3) situated inside the sensor. Zones 4-8 are closed with an EOLR.

Problem
    Around every 2 hours, give or take a minute, Zone 1 triggers an alarm. I get my SMS notification – every 2 hours!

I have even replaced Zone 1 with a new sensor and new EOLR in case either 1 was faulty – no change.

What could be the problem, and the solution? 2 hourly alarms are driving me nuts.

Advice
    I have a 4 core cable in place already but not connected. I want to connect a a DFM WP06, which I gather is the same as a Ness 100-245 – siren/strobe combo.

The unit has the following terminals:

Siren + - Strobe + - LED + - (optional) Tamper 1 2 and Spare/EOLR

As I understand it connect C+ on board to Siren + and Strobe +
    Connect Output 2 on board to Spare/EOLR along with 1 end of EOLR. Connect other end of EOLR to Tamper 2, and a wire from Tamper 1 to Siren - and Strobe - .

Is this correct or simply forget any EOLR and simply wire + and – and be done with it.

Thanks for brilliant solutions in advance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I'd check your programming regarding zone 1.
    Ext Siren, keep in mind that output 1 is default for a horn speaker, the DFM unit is a 12volt siren. Are you going to program output 1 to suit voltage output? or connect it to output 4 which is for a Int siren which is a voltage output by default?

Thanks

Thanks for reply. As I recall the internal piezo is on output 4, so I thought id use 1 or 2. What in the programming could possibly cause zone 1 to trigger every 2 hours?

Thanks

Default Thanks for reply

Well I have literally gone through the entire install manual, pulled the piezo out to check it, checked all the connections and can see no reason for this infuriating behaviour. Bosch finally replied, nothing to add thus far. My feeling is the unit is doing some sort of diagnostic or other every 2 hours and triggers an alarm - why I have got no idea. IM going to bin this piece of trash shortly and go back to NESS..

Would I recommend Bosch after this - never.

Thanks

have you tried defaulting the panel ? you will need to reprogram it again though.

im assuming this is a DIY install ?

Thanks

I'd be surprised if it is a panel fault. As above default and reprogram.
    Could also put a resistor across zone 1 input in panel and see if it still happens.

Banned
    Thanks

If it is domestic dial, it may not necessarily be an ALARM. I would check your Auto Test Report Route. Just something to consider!!