Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I think I'm rooted!

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
    I'm glad they used my arm then!

Yeah the nitro spray under the tongue and diltiazem, (which is a CCB / vasodilator) kept me going until I could get the procedure done. Don't need them now.
    Yes I watch the whole operation on the 4 stents fitted to me. The surgeon ask me because I kept talking " do you want to watch" so he swing one of the big monitor about 1m away from my face and watch the lot was going on. he said to me "LOOK AT THIS AREA" it was highlighted by the guy on the top do the control of the operation when the angergram was (cant spell it blame the stroke)was going and he said WATCH THIS and he released the stent and that part of the heart lit up like a XmaS tree WHOOOO!! after the operation I had pain in one arm because it was not use the get good BP in it. but I had to stay in Hospital for 4 odd weeks as for one week my dick did not work and the other 3 or more weeks my BP was to frigging low.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (20-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

Geez, 4 weeks in hospital I'd go insane. You had a rough time with it. How long ago was that?

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Geez, 4 weeks in hospital I'd go insane. You had a rough time with it. How long ago was that?
    Around 13 years ago. Yes the last few weeks I was better but had to hang around as my BP was around 65/48 and sometime It went lower and I felt sick
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 20-08-18 at 09:08 AM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    The lower blood pressure is a side effect, not really the way it works. Lowering blood pressure can make the bad situation worse.

If you've ever been on nitroglycerin or handled it as an explosive, the migraines it causes at the thing you notice most. (apart from the ease of chest pain).
    The last time I was given it, I was ill from some kind of virus which caused me to vomit. Trying to throw up nothing first thing in the morning caused an esophageal tear and I started throwing up blood. Of course this also cause some chest pain when your own body is trying to tear itself apart from the inside out.
    I also had a terrible headache which was also probably an effect of the virus.
    So I decided to drag my arse to the local hospital where I got the express treatment because of chest pain even though I told them I seriously doubted any cardio problems. They gave me some pills, which I always ask what they give me... Nitro.... err... you're treating cardio? What's the risks if I don't have cardio?
    "Your blood pressure is good, so there is no worry. Take the pills now just in case."

I joked... I already have a shocking headache, another one isn't going to matter.
    "So you've had nitro and heart problems before?"
    Err, no ... but I'm familiar with the side effects... lets just say I pay attention more than most people.

Half an hour later my headache was gone. Thinking it was caused by vascular constriction and higher blood pressure.

Nitro usually gives you a migraine going on and coming off.
    Miners and blasters that used nitroglycerin used to wear head bands with nitro on them.
    It's easily absorbed transdermally so handing it caused nasty migraine when they started work and when they stopped.
    To avoid it they would keep in contact with it permanently wearing the head band.
    Dropping the blood pressure to prevent damage to the muscle was the way it was explained to me anyway.

I've never had any other than when I first drove myself to hospital having an infarction. I don't remember a headache, although I was just happy and relieved enough to get there and get treatment so I may just have not noticed it.

I've carried a pill in my wallet ever since recovery (the spray was too inconvenient)....but I don't think that qualifies me as a nitro handler.... A career in computing and six kids gave me headaches enough!
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I've carried a pill in my wallet ever since recovery (the spray was too inconvenient)
    I hope you replace them/it often enf, they degrade over time.
    I wouldn't like to rely on a nitro tablet I've been keeping in my wallet... not that I need them anymore.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

enf (20-08-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Good to see you back with us Learjet. You'll be off gallivanting all over the countryside now, and we'll see even less of you!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Learjet (20-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

Thanks all. I'm feeling like I have a lot of energy today. But the main thing I have noticed is that I have a clear head. I can think clearly without the terrible light headed feeling I had all the time. That is now gone. Or maybe it's the extra sleep I'm getting?

Are you guys keeping your cholesterol low? They want my LDL < 1.8. So low fat diet with phytosterols and ezetimibe for me since I can't take statins. I still can't bring myself to drink metho though.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I still can't bring myself to drink metho though.
    Based on watching a few Gourmet Drinkers, I thought the preferred way to drink Metho was to mix it with Orange Soft (soda) drink ?

I am sorry but as I could never get too near the consumer at the time, due to the fumes of both the Metho and the Drinker, so I never asked what was the preferred ratio.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 20-08-18 at 02:09 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Learjet (20-08-18)

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234