Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "I Love free speech"

Thanks

I'm just curious what evidence you've seen to label her 'stupid bitch', 'scum' etc.

Or, is that just a personal feeling without any articulable points?

BTW.. that 'stupid bitch' is a man, legally speaking...
    The only good cat is a stir-fried cat

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    (1) Obvious to YOU maybe...You're the one that said "normal people" are the ones that agree with you. And that they could "throw her to the wolves". Most here would dispute that your views on how this free individual should be treated are the norm.

(2) THAT sounds like violence is OK as long as you and your taxes aren't involved. I would say stop them before they injure/kill each other and jail them if they have caused trouble. Whoever they are. That's what I would hope my taxes pay for.
    1. That's one way of interpreting what I said..... I guess, Inaccurate though.
    2. In this particular case, that's a fairly accurate assessment, but not a general policy I advocate though. And before or after?? whatever... LOL

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

At the very least, this thread is a good example of Free Speech!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (02-08-18),eeprommemory (11-08-18),enf (02-08-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

It seems the Victorian Government dont like free speech.

They have banned Sky News from screens in railway stations because a Sky show had an interview with Blair Cottrell on it. Unfortunately Jacinta Allen , the Transport Minister banned Sky before realising that the only thing on Sky at stations is a ready made news, sport and weather package. The interview was NOT shown at railway stations.

Despite the ABC, 7 and 9 having had Cottrell on their networks, it seems the ban is to stay. I suspect that this was done because Sky has both left and right commentators who criticise the Victorian Government. They will now run the ABC news at stations instead as they do not mention anything bad about the Andrews Government.

Even funnier is that now everyone knows who Blair Cottrell is, and Sky is the only one who has banned him from their network.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

free speech ????

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

It seems Fraser Anning's maiden speech wasn't very well accepted by many others politicians yesterday. Even under the premise of "right to free speech", it was broadly condemned. Actually, I think that politicians should be able to say what they really think, in parliament, just so the public aren't deceived by politicians who say one thing, while subversively working to a to a different agenda....

Oh hang on, what was I thinking.... that's never going to work is it :-(

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (15-08-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    It seems Fraser Anning's maiden speech wasn't very well accepted by many others politicians yesterday. Even under the premise of "right to free speech", it was broadly condemned. Actually, I think that politicians should be able to say what they really think, in parliament, just so the public aren't deceived by politicians who say one thing, while subversively working to a to a different agenda....

Oh hang on, what was I thinking.... that's never going to work is it :-(
    I agree. That it was "broadly condemned" is debatable as many remained silent.

Couldn't care less really, but I'm glad he had courage enough to voice his opinion. "Final solution" is a poor turn of phrase at best.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

great speech !!!! all races are racially biased to their kind so if some one is the same as you ,you naturelly treat them as equals if the are different its only natural to treat them differently this is what my take on his speech to mean ! pollies are the biggest liars and deceptive people in the world at least he said it out loud ????

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

His use of "final solution" was indeed distasteful and hopefully unintended. Unfortunately it allows the loonies to dismiss the real substance of his speech in their usual fashion. Muslim Immigration is now an issue firmly on the agenda as much as the usual suspects would like it not to be, and their usual screeching and hectoring is not going to change that. Just tune out this background noise.

Thanks

Final solution is two words, nothing more. To quote another commentator, a local blogger and former journo,

“To conflate Anning’s use with Hitler’s determination to exterminate the Jews is a debasing attack on language … in a way, on free speech, where we are increasingly not allowed to use certain words and phrases because they have been appropriated by different groups that dictate that we are not licensed to use them.

And has anyone else spotted the massive irony in part of the reaction to Anning’s speech? Let’s join some dots.

Dot 1: He wants to ban Muslim immigration but suggesting that a ‘final solution’ to that proposition be democratically decided at the ballot box .
    Dot 2: Islam is an avowed enemy of Judaism, the religion openly declaring that one of their instructed Allah-mandated goals is the exterminiation of the Jews
    Dot 3: … so would logic not suggest that Anning was in fact defending the Jewish faith against what is indisputably it’s most implacable religio-fascist foe since Hitler?”
    Last edited by mi_tasol; 15-08-18 at 09:15 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mi_tasol For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (16-08-18),DB44 (15-08-18),hinekadon (15-08-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mi_tasol View Post
    Final solution is two words, nothing more. To quote another commentator, a local blogger and former journo,

“To conflate Anning’s use with Hitler’s determination to exterminate the Jews is a debasing attack on language … in a way, on free speech, where we are increasingly not allowed to use certain words and phrases because they have been appropriated by different groups that dictate that we are not licensed to use them.

And has anyone else spotted the massive irony in part of the reaction to Anning’s speech? Let’s join some dots.

Dot 1: He wants to ban Muslim immigration but suggesting that a ‘final solution’ to that proposition be democratically decided at the ballot box .
    Dot 2: Islam is an avowed enemy of Judaism, the religion openly declaring that one of their instructed Allah-mandated goals is the exterminiation of the Jews
    Dot 3: … so would logic not suggest that Anning was in fact defending the Jewish faith against what is indisputably it’s most implacable religio-fascist foe since Hitler?”
    Yeah, all well and good. But since when did "LOGIC" become part of the debate? Certainly not for the zealotry involved.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (16-08-18),mi_tasol (16-08-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I think that the "final solution" statement was unfortunate, given its place in history. Sadly, our language has been hijacked by such events and other groups who steal perfectly good words to further their own agenda. If I say that I am gay, does that mean that I am happy, or that I can't make up my mind if l like blokes or birds? Sadly, when it comes to immigration, no solution is going to be final because there will always be exceptions to "prove the rule".
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (16-08-18),hinekadon (16-08-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    ...........................Sadly, our language has been hijacked by such events and other groups who steal perfectly good words to further their own agenda. If I say that I am gay, does that mean that I am happy, or that I can't make up my mind if l like blokes or birds?............................................ .................
    Getting Old by Bob Pacey

Well I must be getting older, and I don't know who to blame
    All the words now have new meanings though they still sound just the same.

And I was so good at English, but now I get the words all wrong
    cause' when I put them in a sentence, it’s just like they don't belong.

Like, when a bloke was really happy, twas ok to say “He's gay”
    a “Rap” was how you hit a door, and "Hi" just meant gdday.

“Grass” was grown upon your lawn, we used a "Pot" to cook a stew
    A “Score” was what your team made, and a "Dope" meant silly you.

A “Dyke” that was just a little dam, a “Poof” a puff of smoke
    and “Bread” was flour and water, now if you've got none well, your broke.

And “Cactus” was a prickly plant, but now it means you’re dead
    a “Joint” was an old run down shack, a place to rest your weary head.

“Acid” was something that we used in Chemistry at school
    and winter was the only time, that we could say we’re “Cool”.

A “Trip” meant falling over when we tangled up our feet
    And lollies were the only thing, that we could say were “Sweet”.

And “Camp” was just a little tent set up out in the scrub.
    We only “Stuffed” our chickens and food was our only “Grub”.

If someone had a bit of luck, we’d say that's really "Slick"
    But now when something’s great mate, well they say it’s “Fully Sick”.

And we put “Ice” into our eskies, to cool our beer and our rum
    and the only "Smack" I ever got was on me bloody bum.

People stopped you in the street to talk about the weather
    now when you ask a question the kids simply say “Whatever”.

Well I’ve tried to understand it. It's progress I've been told
    But I really have to face it mate, jeez I must be getting old.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (16-08-18),lsemmens (16-08-18)

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234