Thread: Steam Vacuum Cleaner

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Default Steam Vacuum Cleaner

Anyone got a recommendation?

I have some really grotty lino to clean, and kneeling and scrubbing is totally out of the question as I would probably never get up again.

These things obviously range in price quite a bit. I don't want to spend a gazzillion loot tokens for one as I wouldn't use it very often.

Cheers
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Ok if the stuff needs heat and water.

Mrs was using one till i pointed out that the dirt was being shifted from the floor tiles to into the grout.

They have their place, its a different way of cleaning.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (17-08-18),enf (27-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I think you'd Find a soloution of Caustic applied to the floor, left a while and the mopped over would shift anything that wasn't the pattern in the lino, but test first to make sure it don't remove that too.

Caustic is my all time favourite Cleaner. When Filtering Veg oil on the drive way I gave up trying not to make a mess, that just resulted in more spills. Did what I needed to do then got the caustic and wet the area of concrete down. Sprinkled the Caustic around and then broomed it over to spread it round. Left it 15-30 Min, re wet if needed. Come back, another broom off and then hose.

Only complaint Mrs has was this made that section of concrete look like it was newly poured and the other unsoiled Concrete now looked filthy in comparison. with 50M of 4m wide concrete, I wasn't doing it all but I did try to make my mess in the next section along with the following batch so it got a clean as well.

My father was using this expensive cleaner in his mechanical workshop for degreasing engines and the like. Had a look at it, caustic with some Dye added. Took him some of the KOH I had and mixed it up good and strong. Engines and parts came up like new. So did the decreasing area floor! Worked out that cost less than 1/11th what he was paying for the same stuff in a 5L container with added water and dye.
    When it comes to cleaning, this stuff is VERY powerful and does and awesome Job. It's basically the concentrate and base of soap but Diluted many times so it no longer removes the skin from your hands which it WILL do in it's raw form very easily.

You can get " Diggers" Caustic in the supermarkets in a White plastic Tub with a bright red lid. I buy it in 25Kg bags at the cleaning supply because I am addicted to the stuff but you won't be needing that much.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

gulliver (27-07-18)