Thread: Vu+ Duo stopped working?

A little bit of everwhere, Cairns, PNG, U.S.
    Thanks

Default Vu+ Duo stopped working?

I have a vu+ duo that has been working for years with my indovision purchased smart card. Each year all the channels go blank and I have to call my provider for what they call a Re-hup. Then the channels come back. Only this time, they didn't come back. I have assumed this entire time it is a problem with the provider not my STB.

I am unfamiliar with what the onscreen display for openpli3 means... and I am getting zero error messages. I have signal lock, the EPG is coming across fine, but when I go to watch a channel, they are blank.

Could my CAM be dead? (the physical card reader) ?

I wish I could find something that informed me why the shows aren't working. If I put the card in a different STB it says 'not a registered subscriber' but the subscription is based on the STB serial number.

Any help? I hate to put up such vague info but I can't diagnose it because I'm seeing no errors in the logs, nothing unusual.
    It's why I suspected the provider
    -Gimpel

Look Here ->
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gimpel View Post
    I have a vu+ duo that has been working for years with my indovision purchased smart card. Each year all the channels go blank and I have to call my provider for what they call a Re-hup. Then the channels come back. Only this time, they didn't come back. I have assumed this entire time it is a problem with the provider not my STB.

I am unfamiliar with what the onscreen display for openpli3 means... and I am getting zero error messages. I have signal lock, the EPG is coming across fine, but when I go to watch a channel, they are blank.

Could my CAM be dead? (the physical card reader) ?

I wish I could find something that informed me why the shows aren't working. If I put the card in a different STB it says 'not a registered subscriber' but the subscription is based on the STB serial number.

Any help? I hate to put up such vague info but I can't diagnose it because I'm seeing no errors in the logs, nothing unusual.
    It's why I suspected the provider
    -Gimpel
    If you box fire up and you get other channels or if you have terrestrial TV Tuner and thats ok and get channels and also get other satellite channels your duo2 is ok. Now you say physical card reader is that a CAM that you plug in or a Softcam that you ftp'd to you box to openpli3.
    indovision purchased smart card you say? they could have change the CONFIG for the cam that makes you card useless. If you have everything legal contact them but if you have this in Australia and not suppose to have it I would ask other that receive the same service. No doubt they do this because anything that is or to Indonesian has plenty of pirates.