Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samsung Printer not Picking Up Paper- Jamming???

Thanks

Default Same problem

I have exactly the same printer and (intermittent) problem as checkit. Have also replaced pickup roller - in fact I could have written the same original post myself - but not so many spares. When it happens I can see - by shining a torch along the paper tray - that the pick up roller is not rotating. Goes thru to the paper jam msg and after 1-3 seqs starts to work and goes OK for random time. I have found a solenoid operated clutch and have a photo of it (how do I attch?) but this seems to work OK and fault hasn't occurred when case open, so I can't see if they are connected. In any case the clutch seems to operate something higher up in the paper feed / fuser train. Would be very happy if checkit finds a solution - and please share it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

johnw1,

You need to upload your pic to a file sharing site, such as Post Image (link is on the toolbar at the top of the page)
    then copy and paste the link in a post.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

johnw1 (16-08-18)

Thanks

Default Same problem - clutch photo

I have now observed - with the case open - that the solenoid/clutch seems to work OK even when the paper pickup fault happens. I suspect the clutch I have found is not the issue. Photo of that clutch (hopefully)

Will now search for maybe another clutch or motor driving the pickup roller.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I have not had time to dive in deeper just yet but will do soon.

The youtube link below may be of help ... it is in Spanish however if you run subtitles with auto translate to english you can get a very good idea of the source of a common fault with paper pickup with this printer ... thankyou Johnno for your support and finding the link

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to checkitout For This Useful Post:

Johnno (16-08-18),johnw1 (16-08-18)

Thanks

Default Same problem - maybe fixed?

Thanks for the link to the Raul vid - a cheerful and helpful Spaniard. The bottom line is that it came apart and went back, it works, but because the fault was intermittent and the pad not that worn I will have to post again in about a week to say yes or no.

A big issue was convincing myself that all those gear wheels would go back without getting out of alignment - the $400 replacement if I didn't try helped.

I didn't pull down as far as Raul - removed the carriage but left the cables attached. Removed back and RH cover plus paper tray, toner carts and waste bin. Taped down top paper feeder etc and front cover to LH cover to stop front sliding to right off pins. Undid 3 cables to PCB - to solenoid, 1 marked M and ribbon above that. Raul's 4+2 screws to remount carriage doesn't work for the pulldown as there are a couple more near the plastic case containing the gearset. The pad on the solenoid didn't look too compressed on the contact area so sceptical 1 mm would make a difference. Bent the tab a bit to decrease clearance and now see how it goes. Done about 20 sheet feeds OK over 18 hrs. If plays up again suspect flakey voltage or software.

My thanks as well to Johnno for his research in finding the vid - I will go back to his previous posts to thank him.

• The Following User Says Thank You to johnw1 For This Useful Post:

Johnno (16-08-18)

Thanks

Default Same problem - now fixed

In the 7 days since last post the printer has gone thru almost a full tray of paper. It has picked up first time every time. Previously, if it did p/u, it might take 2-3 goes to p/u 1st sheet. No paper jam msgs or misfeeds. I would have to say that making that small adjustment at the solenoid pad has solved it. Note that if you adjust too much the clutch won't lock (as in the vid) so check before going on. I guess if you adjust too little the clearance to the solenoid remains too great to activate.

I didn't time how long it took to do but it was less than an hour all up (I am not a technician) not counting watching the video which is about 20 min. As for degree of difficulty I rate it about the same as changing a fan in a laptop.

Thanks again to checkit, johnno and Senor Raul.

• The Following User Says Thank You to johnw1 For This Useful Post:

Johnno (23-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Yes the Cheerful Spaniard Raul is very helpful. Glad you got it running properly Well done. Saved yourself a few $$$$.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

johnw1 (24-08-18)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12