Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Printer not Picking Up Paper- Jamming???

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Samsung Printer not Picking Up Paper- Jamming???

I have a Samsung CLX-3305FW Printer that is not picking up paper, it cycles through saying "printing" and eventually comes back saying Printer Jam - Basically there is no Jam and it has not picked up any paper.

This is a good printer and I would like to keep it for a bit especially as I have a stack of toner available in storage.

Done some Googling and the rubber roller paper pickup check swap out has been done. I think there is something else at fault here, may be a clutch or another paper pickup mechanism thingy that must be failing

Hoping there may be some pointers or experience from members in this forum that can help me out here... ?

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Every printer seems to have this problem or my current CANON model will pick up a 2nd sheet about 1/3rd of the way through printing the first sheet.
    This seems to happen more often when I am using photo grade paper so I only load one sheet at a time in the tray.
    I have taken the paper out of the tray and 'Fanned' it on the pick up end before putting it back and sometimes that works and sometimes it dont.
    If you could only access the wheels that pull the paper and wipe/clean them because I think over time they get a sheen on them as well as picking up dust and in general develop a 'hard' surface that prevents their gripping the paper.
    Printers are now so damn cheap that longevity isnt a factor anymore when buying one so they use parts that cost accordingly.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 05-08-18 at 12:29 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies, but I had already checked those points out... I am looking to dive in deeper than simply checking the paper is good and that they have been well fanned up in the tray before re trying... that is definitely not the problem

More investigation and work to do on this

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

sorry wasnt thinking !!! if it was me "" get drunk and kick the living sh.t out of it " then you wont feel so bad untill the next morning

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

If it's not picking up the paper from the tray, it could be a number of things.
    Check the cam gear on the paper tray itself. Sometimes it can be located on the body and lifts a lever on the tray. designed to lift the paper to align with the roller.
    check the pickup rollers are touching the paper when the tray is closed.
    check the clutch on the pickup rollers.
    if the printer has a manual feed slot, try loading a single document and test.
    if all else fails.. throw it out and sell your extra toners on ebay.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    If it's not picking up the paper from the tray, it could be a number of things.
    Check the cam gear on the paper tray itself. Sometimes it can be located on the body and lifts a lever on the tray. designed to lift the paper to align with the roller.
    check the pickup rollers are touching the paper when the tray is closed.
    check the clutch on the pickup rollers.
    if the printer has a manual feed slot, try loading a single document and test.
    if all else fails.. throw it out and sell your extra toners on ebay.
    Thanks and totally agree. I have found a service manual and am working through pointers similar same as you have suggested.

It seems there is a solenoid and a clutch that is part of the paper pickup step, I am gonna pull the thing apart and see what I can isolate the problem to. I have collected 2 units as spares anyway and I have some spare time to work on this, provided I keep patient and do lose my patience and smash the things. It is challenging me though this is a good printer when it is running and I have heaps off toner and other spares.

This unit also has 3rd party firmware available for it so those bullshit messages on buying more toner on non compatible toner refills go to heaven forever

Premium Member

Thanks

I replaced a Printer recently but before I did, because I had not long bought a supply of cartridges, I wanted a printer to use them up and I did !!
    However, I wasnt as clever as I thought because the only printer I saw that used the same cartridges didnt have a scanner.
    Annoying but no big deal until a few days later in an electrical retailer's catalog was almost the identical printer I had just replaced that used the same cartridges, had a scanner and was the same price as I had paid or was slightly cheaper.
    You cant Bleeeeedin WIN !!!!!!

I have to say in all fairness that the new printer REALLY does print pictures in excellent quality.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 07-08-18 at 12:53 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

If dust gets into the clutch it will cause paper jams, if the solenoid looks faulty, check the spring on the plunger. They tend to loose tension.
    If you can't figure it out and your located in Melbourne, bring it to me and I'll suss it out for you. Have being fixing office printing equipment for 29 yrs now.. I'm almost ready to retire..lol.. good luck.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

johnw1 (16-08-18),mtv (08-08-18),tristen (08-08-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

Even at Johnno's generous 'Mates Rate' offer, you can buy a new printer for $50 today and get a 12 month warranty too.
    No suggestion Johnno you dont do a good job or warranty your work.....

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Gordon,

We all understand new printers are inexpensive, however, the OP made it clear he wants to fix his printer, not replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by checkitout
    This is a good printer and I would like to keep it for a bit especially as I have a stack of toner available in storage.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Gordon,

We all understand new printers are inexpensive, however, the OP made it clear he wants to fix his printer, not replace it.
    Correct, cost of a replacement printer is not the point. This printer being multifunction and laser along with plenty spares and cheap toner plus the 3rd party firmware works a treat. BTW $50 wont cut this ... this would be for a bottom end basic mono laser printer... still good value of course for mono printing.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    If dust gets into the clutch it will cause paper jams, if the solenoid looks faulty, check the spring on the plunger. They tend to loose tension.
    If you can't figure it out and your located in Melbourne, bring it to me and I'll suss it out for you. Have being fixing office printing equipment for 29 yrs now.. I'm almost ready to retire..lol.. good luck.
    Thanks Johnno, Yes I am in Melbourne I will reach out to you probably next week, I will see how I go... much appreciated

• The Following User Says Thank You to checkitout For This Useful Post:

Johnno (09-08-18)

Thanks

Yes, New printers are inexpensive.. especially for the small home office sector.. $50.00 will be just fine if you only want to print a few documents per day.
    The Companies, Corporations, Businesses, Government dept that we service dont buy $50 machines, they would break within 2 hours of use..
    They print/scan/copy/fax/email thousands of pages per day. There more like 1-3k per machine. If it's a multifunctional photocopier then 3-5k.

Premium Member

Thanks

It is a different story where a printer is one of the Business or 'Up Market' type and not the average 'replace when the Ink runs out' model and it was those I was thinking of.
    Only there was no one within 'screaming distance' of me when my last printer began to show signs of a malfunction, I would have considered repairing it because I had not long before purchased 2 of each Ink (total of 10) for it and even though I got the real 'cheapies' (a few cents on the $) compared to the Genuine's, I didnt want to waste them so I found another that used those same cartridges.

Thanks

Does it sound like it is picking up the paper? Normally it is a clunkier sort of sound initially on the cheaper printers...

Initially I would have said your rubbers are stuffed - second is dirty paper sensors. However if a sensor is stuffed it will normally do the pickup and then jam... The other one which was common was a broken paper tray, when it slides in does the paper move upwards?

I literally through one of those out a week ago, had a spiders nest in the heat roller and I was sick of the stink...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Even at Johnno's generous 'Mates Rate' offer, you can buy a new printer for $50 today and get a 12 month warranty too.
    No suggestion Johnno you dont do a good job or warranty your work.....
    Inkjet's might be cheap, but as he is using toner that means he is using a laser printer.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gitch View Post
    Does it sound like it is picking up the paper? Normally it is a clunkier sort of sound initially on the cheaper printers...

Initially I would have said your rubbers are stuffed - second is dirty paper sensors. However if a sensor is stuffed it will normally do the pickup and then jam... The other one which was common was a broken paper tray, when it slides in does the paper move upwards?

I literally through one of those out a week ago, had a spiders nest in the heat roller and I was sick of the stink...
    There is no movement by the pickup roller at all, there is a motor or gears that seem to be spinning internally somewhere but definitely no movement t down near the paper tray

I have a miniature camera, thinking now to also stick this in a few key spots and see what gears are or not moving

Thanks

Un screw the side covers off and check the solenoid (found this pic on the net) careful incase there's plastic tabs instead of screws
    Last edited by Johnno; 11-08-18 at 12:06 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

johnw1 (16-08-18)

Thanks

Edit...
    Last edited by Johnno; 11-08-18 at 12:29 AM.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast