Thread: Diesel Dodge Ram Engine Blows Up and Spews Its Guts In Spectacular Fashion

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Default Diesel Dodge Ram Engine Blows Up and Spews Its Guts In Spectacular Fashion

This is impressive... after the engine exploded in a fireball, the driver walks away unscathed.

A Cummins-based diesel engine in a second-generation Dodge Ram race truck blew up in a major way in Utah on Saturday, sending pistons flying all over the drag strip, and leaving a camshaft poking up from the engine bay. Just look at this incredible carnage.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (08-08-18),Keith (10-08-18),ol' boy (08-08-18),Tiny (09-08-18)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Do they get any awards for the most spectacular destruction of an engine and/or what parts get thrown the furthest as it explodes?
    Shame there was no trackside video to capture the moment it went 'BANG'..........
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

One second you're hauling ass
    Next second there's a hole in your wallet!
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

hazman (18-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

See a few similar breakages on petrol engines also in drag racing situations and on dynos.

Block literally splits horizontally into 2.

If you google search "VL God engine blow" in google images, the third picture shows how they let go.

Not pretty.....

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

hazman (18-08-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

When I was younger, and far more stupid, we had a Xmas party at the Wreckers I later managed. It had the lot, unlimited grog, even strippers ! (I dont think you are allowed to have them anymore in this PC world)

Anyway, as part of the evenings entertainment (of which there was obviously no health and safety officer), we got a Holden 186, a Ford 250 and a Hemi 245 and set them all up out of cars. We started them all up at the same time and ran them flat out with no cooling.

The 186 went boom first, the 250 not long after, but the Hemi just went and went, it was near glowing when it exploded somehow not killing anyone. A large piece of the engine block went a fair way.

I would not recommend doing this unless you do want to hurt someone.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (18-08-18),hazman (18-08-18),lsemmens (17-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Can't see the Vid on the link but I did see it on YT last week. You could look right through the block, took out both sides.

What I love about these vids the most is how all the Americans will get on and bag the crap out of what ever brand vehicle has failed in the vid like something this modified has any relevance to what comes out the showroom or the brand in question they don't have, is complete and utter garbage that no one in their right mind would drive. They make out their brand of preference and religion like loyalty is infallible and never had a failure in the millions built.

The other one I like is these Pulling contest's between 2 over size utes. Tie them back to back and the one that pulls the other one prove's that brands superiority beyond all doubt and it's outstanding power.

My father has a small dozer/ drott. I think it does about 30 HP. It is HEAVY though and tracked. Guarantee it would out pull any of these " trucks" all the way up the strip as probably would a Subaru Brumby with an Ibc full of water in the back and the tyres let down a bit put in low range. You can have 100HP but if you only have 50Hp worth of grip before the tyres brake loose.... that's all you are going to be able to bring to the party. These twits can't grasp it's not about power or build quality, just traction and gearing.

I remember reading about one guy that was cleaning up going round in these street pull things and had a stock engine. He did put something like a 1" thick steel plate under the tray of the thing which weighed about a ton and a half and put crawler gears in 1st in the box. Took the twits he was betting with months to figure out how he was dragging them all round the place with barely a chirp from his bead locked tyres.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Of course there will be brand wars, it would NEVER happen in Australia, because we are a country of the fair go. YEAH RIGHT! Of course the supporters of one brand will bag the other. That happens in all sports.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...